Kickstarter projects
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:23 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
ashmire13 wrote:I got that too and am rather narked. I presume that 'newbies' won't be able to get the Options at the price those who bought into the actual KS did. That'd be bad ethics I think.

I wonder if there is an established set of ethics for Kickstarter style projects.

I would presume that business is business in most cases, what companies say and do isn't usually what companies say and do anyway..

(oh I didn't do the Reaper KS.. I don't do mini's  :roll: )

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:59 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
ashmire13 wrote:I got that too and am rather narked. I presume that 'newbies' won't be able to get the Options at the price those who bought into the actual KS did. That'd be bad ethics I think.

I wonder if there is an established set of ethics for Kickstarter style projects.

I think Reaper deserves a pass because the server died during the final 10 mins. I know that Kickstarter frowns heavily on any subsequent payments (they don't get their cut that way). I won't name any names but I missed the end of a KS before I could up my pledge in order to get a stretch goal reward and the author let me PayPal him. I don't have a problem in that case because I was already a backer.

I think if KS was smart the would consider having some kind of second chance function where for a higher dollar amount people could get in on funded projects that they missed.

Overall though I am willing to wager that the black market post-project transaction happen all the time.

Z

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:14 pm 

FormCritic wrote:

I'm thinking that it's more a case of individuals ethics vs money grabbing

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:04 pm 

[quote="Nogrod] I think Reaper deserves a pass because the server died during the final 10 mins. [/quote]

I've got a feeling there were lots of buyers who will claim their pledge did not land for that reason.

Reaper actually encouraged refreshing the page to watch the dollars go up.

I logged on to watch the end and was chagrined when the page wouldn't load.  Kickstarter should plan for that.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:49 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
I've got a feeling there were lots of buyers who will claim their pledge did not land for that reason.

Reaper actually encouraged refreshing the page to watch the dollars go up.

I logged on to watch the end and was chagrined when the page wouldn't load.  Kickstarter should plan for that.

I watched it die live on my PC :) It felt like watching David Bowman disconnect HAL when it got to the 10 minute mark. Everything wasn't updating right, comments grew more crazed, then BLAMO! a Kickstarter error screen popped up in the browser.

It was better than watching TV. I blame the big Cthulu mini.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:53 am 

I think it kinda sucks, especially if they do let new pledgers buy the options for the cheap price.

It was a clear winner for days before it ended. If anyone didn't pledge until the last hour and it died on them, then I'd say tough...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:28 am 

There has been no indication that Reaper will not allow anyone who wants to buy in and purchase just about any product.

There might be something like that happening....but Reaper has not said that.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:52 pm 

A fun tool for Kickstarter, to get a sense as to the eventual landing point...  note that I have no idea if it's just a simple dumb trendline ala Excel or some fancy-schmancy historical-based projection.  

http://www.kicktraq.com/

you can enter any project that's in process:

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/143390 ... monte-cook

Sunrunner44 - dork.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:18 pm 

FormCritic wrote:There has been no indication that Reaper will not allow anyone who wants to buy in and purchase just about any product.

There might be something like that happening....but Reaper has not said that.

I love their current message.
Granted, if they are not being provided the data yet, I understand the delay.
Beyond that, I bet there are at least a dozen people on here alone, that provided all the data, could organize their needs into a spreadsheet form real fast.

~Scathaigh~
~Lord Nobody~

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:25 pm 

I wanted to give this its own thread in the TSR section, but I thought it more prudent to use an existing thread...

Kickstarter for the Final D&D Cartoon Episode -- Requiem.

Maybe not that exciting, but as a person who first saw the series as a very young person, it does hold a place in what constitutes nostalgia. Anyway, I do hope it makes production.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:31 pm 

I also grew up with those cartoons, I have the DVD box set in fact.

I'd be interested in seeing this made, but as someone asks on their KS page. They have got the license ok from Hasbro?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:46 pm 

Apparently, not yet, as there seems to be some confusion as to who owns the rights to what -- Hasbro may have toys and the name, but Disney may have the artistic representation / characters. I think the original author still owns the copyright for the manuscript too, and I'm not sure if that person (people) is/are involved either. Not really sure and it's not my bag of worms; I just thought it might be interesting.

If Hasbro or Disney owns it, I don't see it happening though.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:01 pm 

hmm.. doesn't look like you get the dvd or anything, just cells etc..

It looks like.. "I asked and asked and got no reply, lets do it and see if they they do anthing now before I release it"

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:40 am 

It looked intriguing, but I am with everyone else on the rights.

I thought KS evaluated projects before the went live. If I were them a "well ...Maybe?...um" wouldn't cut it.

The very mention of Disney would cause me to wet myself if I were them.

So no, this one I will not back.

Z

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:48 am 

if you scroll down to the creator info on the right side and click on his other created projects, you'll see he's attempted this Requiem deal three times previously.

His project looks incredibly amateurish and he obviously has no clue about the legal aspect of producing this.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:02 am 

misterspock wrote:if you scroll down to the creator info on the right side and click on his other created projects, you'll see he's attempted this Requiem deal three times previously.

His project looks incredibly amateurish and he obviously has no clue about the legal aspect of producing this.

If you just would interject captain throughout that last post, I would have honestly believed your avatar was correct. Very logical post. Lol.

Nogrod

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:16 am 

:D

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:37 am 

I presume that if a project doesn't get fully funded, then there is no charge to backers?

I've seen that a few KS projects have been funded but then the goods don't arrive. I would like to think that the starters of those projects don't get any future backing!

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

PreviousNext