Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 48 of 60123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 585960
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:16 pm 

misterspock wrote in Kickstarter projects:
btw, Jeff Dee has another kickstarter going of his re-creations of D&D artwork. This time A3 interiors and some character illustrations of pre-gnerated characters through the series as stretch goals.

Re-Creating My Art from AD&D Module A3 by Jeff Dee — Kickstarter

My timing on this one would be bad (FGG's borderlands just ended and I am doing fulfillment for mine. I do have to say though that I was in on two of his color cover KS's and could not have been happier with the result. They are on my wall next to my Acaeum Art Project prints :)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:06 pm 

Ken Whitman is now "Whit Whitman" on Facebook
and has fled to Atlanta, GA, where he is hoping
that various state Attorneys General will fail to find him.
Also, the d20Ent website is defunct.

d20 Ent Sludge report

Pencil Dice by d20 Entertainment — Kickstarter
RPG Pencil Dice by d20 Entertainment — Kickstarter
Deck Dice - Playing Cards with Roll-Ability! by d20 Entertainment — Kickstarter
Castles & Crusades: Beyond the River (T.V. Pilot) by d20 Entertainment — Kickstarter
Knights of the Dinner Table: Live Action Series (KODT: LAS) by d20 Entertainment — Kickstarter
Spinward Traveller (T.V. Pilot) by d20 Entertainment — Kickstarter
Knights Quest Family Card Game by Ken Whitman Games — Kickstarter

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:05 pm 

I thought that it was funny that he responded to this page...

http://notanotherdime.blogspot.com/2015 ... mment-form

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:01 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote in Kickstarter projects:I thought that it was funny that he responded to this page...

http://notanotherdime.blogspot.com/2015 ... mment-form

WoW!

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:07 pm 

ExTSR wrote in Kickstarter projects:Ken Whitman is now "Whit Whitman" on Facebook

I find that the inability to stay away from Facebook even when staring directly at some of the most serious consequences is a sign of, at the very least, narcissistic personality disorder. I am not a therapist nor pretend to do anything like DSM diagnosis but I cannot fathom there is any point when such recklessness can be considered rational or even sane.

But then again I am not a not a person to judge sane anyway ;)

Zach

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:32 am 

Thought you guys would like to know:

RuneQuest: Classic Edition by Rick Meints — Kickstarter

The RQ1 Playtest Manuscript is drawing a fair bit of interest...

Regards,

Rick Meints
President - Chaosium Inc.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:17 pm 

rmeints wrote in Kickstarter projects:Thought you guys would like to know:

RuneQuest: Classic Edition by Rick Meints —Kickstarter

The RQ1 Playtest Manuscript is drawing a fair bit of interest...

that looks interesting. I was looking at the pledge levels and was wondering about the $1k one. I guess the main difference between the $250 level and the $1k level is that you get 2 books of additional notes and material? Just wondering if that material is worth the extra $750 or so. Is there any information or examples of what that is? It seems like a lot of extra money to put down on something site unseen. I haven't been collecting much RQ though, so maybe I missed the details on it somewhere.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:48 pm 

They haven't really said that much. It's a couple hardcovers, so I expect it will be pretty extensive. I grabbed one of the $1k slots; if it looks like a dud as the KS gets toward the end, I can lower it.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:35 am 

Just wanted to chime in with a quick endorsement of Lesser Gnome's Death & taxes project... wow!

Zach's photos don't do this box set justice... this is as professional and substantial a product as I've ever seen coming out of KS, easily on par with Esteran or Horror on the Orient Express (for quality if not quite weight, lol).  The finish is impressive, the add-ons are wonderful (there's an aged scroll sealed with imprinted wax!), tons of minis, multiple books, beautiful maps, really pleasing artwork... The attention to detail is remarkable.  I really can't say enough about this set, Lesser Gnome has hit a home run.

I hope these become available through the usual channels... highly recommended to get one if you can.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:22 am 

Thunderdave wrote in Kickstarter projects:Just wanted to chime in with a quick endorsement of Lesser Gnome's Death & taxes project... wow!

Zach's photos don't do this box set justice...

I agree, I actually have a better one thanks to Jim Wampler.

this is as professional and substantial a product as I've ever seen coming out of KS, easily on par with Esteran or Horror on the Orient Express (for quality if not quite weight, lol).  The finish is impressive, the add-ons are wonderful (there's an aged scroll sealed with imprinted wax!), tons of minis, multiple books, beautiful maps, really pleasing artwork... The attention to detail is remarkable.  I really can't say enough about this set, Lesser Gnome has hit a home run.

I am always incredibly grateful when I hear positive feedback from supporters. The fact that I am even able to make the games we do is a reward in itself. That said, the thoughts and impressions from members of the Acaeum have always been most meaningful.

There are no better judges on the planet of quality in fantasy games, critically or aesthetically, than here.  Those of you that hang around these forums have seen it all from small press publishers. Your comment above has already made the countless hours necessary to do this worth it.

I hope you get an opportunity to read through Death & Taxes it sometime, I think the writing and editing are worthy of the presentation and of the intended audience. I relied heavily on both my co-author and editor Edwin and my proofreader Scott Swift to help excise the unnecessary and quell the clever.

So thanks to all of you.

I hope these become available through the usual channels... highly recommended to get one if you can.

Luckily I know a guy who can help. :)

I have a handful available that are not set aside for backers. I plan to start actively selling these in a few days, once these are gone it will be a few weeks until I have more copies. Even then some of the items in these sets will likely not make it into the retail boxes to keep costs reasonable. To make any money with the 5 retailers I do have some of the figurines and bonus items just don't make sense. PM me (or go to the webstore) if you are interested.

To any backer here who does not read updates if you do not have yours yet it is coming In the majority of your cases with the near finished retro module). If you want your box earlier I can get it to you if you want to pay shipping twice. Unless of course you picked PF or 5e, those come in a couple of months.

Zach

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:28 pm 

looks great, nice job on putting that together!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:14 am 

Cannot wait to get this, Zach.  Looks fantastic.

Martin

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:52 am 

Prufrock wrote in Kickstarter projects:Cannot wait to get this, Zach.  Looks fantastic.

Martin

I honestly cannot wait for you to get it. The invoice to you will arrive when I get the retro modules (which are nearly finished in layout, I am getting much faster at that type of layout) BUT if you want the box earlier I will send an invoice for the shipping now and get you a box this week. It will wind up costing you an extra $4 for the second shipment. PM me if you are interested.

I really do think you will like it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:16 pm 

Prufrock wrote in Kickstarter projects:Cannot wait to get this, Zach.  Looks fantastic.

Martin

I agree wholeheartedly, this looks absolutely fantastic!  I backed the "don't make me think get me one of everything" level so I am content to wait and see this in all it's resplendent awesomeness.  Maybe by Gary Con?  Either way, looks great.  Well done Zach and all the Lesser Gnome folk who made this happen despite Thopas and his crazy antics.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:06 am 

mrmanowar wrote in Kickstarter projects:Maybe by Gary Con?  Either way, looks great.  Well done Zach and all the Lesser Gnome folk who made this happen despite Thopas and his crazy antics.

The only thing that might not be ready for GaryCon is the hardcover. I am avoiding the easy route on the layout and just combining both of the current books from the set together. I want the layout to be seamless and not a patchwork of styles and page bleeds.

I will be making a thread tonight for Death & Taxes as it will be on sale to the general gaming public from the web store but I have some set aside for backers who decide they do not want to wait.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:17 pm 

TheHistorian wrote in Kickstarter projects:They haven't really said that much. It's a couple hardcovers, so I expect it will be pretty extensive. I grabbed one of the $1k slots; if it looks like a dud as the KS gets toward the end, I can lower it.

If you want to know about the range of unpublished material offered as top backer level rewards, feel free to ask. We did a "Tales of Mythic Adventure" podcast on it, explaining it at length as well.
Ask away, I'm a fellow collector, amongst friends here.

Regards,

Rick Meints
President - Chaosium Inc.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:22 pm 

I'm happy to report the safe landing of these Kickstarter rewards, only 35 months after backing it :)

My favorite item is the Adventurers Compendium, all the solos and scenarios reprinted from the Sorcerer's Apprentices.

I was feeling a bit nostalgic in an odd fashion today... T&T was the first non-TSR line I started collecting when I began in 2008 or so.  Can you be nostalgic for the act of collecting itself?  Anyways, lots of old-school art and happy memories reading through these... glad they arrived and full marks to Rick Loomis & company, a very nice finished product.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:54 pm 

Since I am one of the contributors of the French translation of D&D5, I'd like to post a link to the Black Book Edition crowdfunding website for this future release. I do hope you will not burn me since it is not an OSR product  :mrgreen:

The SRD was released in OGL format and excludes the right to use Dungeons & Dragons name for a translation. BTW, BBE chose Héros & Dragons. There will be a lot of aditionnal materials, a mini-setting, etc. written by the Casus Belli (the historical French RPG mag, which exists since 1980) and BBe teams. If some of you are interested in foreign langage RPG, we hope this one will interest the community :)

Some nice SG have been already reached, and a collector edition is available.

Do not hesitate if you have any question.

Thanks!

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 48 of 60123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 585960