Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 47 of 60123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 585960
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:13 pm 

Sardan wrote in Kickstarter projects:Contact other world, perhaps via their forums.

I know the indiegogo caused them real problems and lots of people waited a very long time. I got the first half of my pledge ages ago and only recently received the rest.

I don't think Otherworld is dishonest, just bit off more than it could chew.

Conveniently, the forums have been deactivated for "updates".   :roll:
I'm glad to hear you received yours, did you have to bombard them with emails to get attention or just lucked out with normal order of business?

Blackmoor wrote in Kickstarter projects:WOW I just ordered some stuff from the website and it came slowly but still came.

This plays to my previous point, somehow Otherworld has dodged the stigma of unreliability that has accompanied most failed Kickstarters, when for some of us, no one has been worse. Makes my plight that much more infuriating.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:13 am 

Sardan wrote in Kickstarter projects:
Ligmancer wrote in Kickstarter projects:Am I the only Aceumite to get played like a sucker by the Otherworld Miniatures Indiegogo campaign?

I've received nothing. No product, no correspondence, no replies to inquiries, nothing...three years on. I'm not alone.

I wrote this one off as a loss quite a while ago, but as I continue to see new products rolling out, and particularly the excitement that seems to accompany these new products, I can't help but wonder how there's been no discernible backlash.

Brave Halfling/John Adams reputation is in ruins.
Center Stage/Matt Solarz has gone bankrupt.
Yet Otherworld continues on, business as usual, while my $280 from 2012 isn't even worthy of an email.

Curious and furious...

Contact other world, perhaps via their forums.

Unfortunately the forums are toast atm, but if you reach out to Richard directly by email, he should get you taken care of.  I didn't order the indiegogo campaign since I buy OW for their monsters rather than PCs minis, but I've had other friends who've had very slow and/or partial fulfillment on their orders too.  Richard has, to my knowledge, been able to fix many of those issues, but it takes time (exacerbated in part by the death of their primary casting company owner, in part).  

Richard's email is [email protected]

Sardan wrote in Kickstarter projects:I know the indiegogo caused them real problems and lots of people waited a very long time. I got the first half of my pledge ages ago and only recently received the rest.

I don't think Otherworld is dishonest, just bit off more than it could chew.

I agree, but they've always come through in the end, although slower than desired (and Richard usually includes some free minis to help make up for delays, too).  

When I was ordering from them more regularly (I only stopped because I have so many unpainted minis atm that I realized it was ludicrous to just keep buying them until I got into a better painting routine---which has improved, but I'm still working on a good schedule), I would do so via their vouchers, which allow you to buy at ~30% off retail or so, and sometimes he would be out of stock on some minis in an order but as long as I was tracking them and mentioning those in my next orders, I rarely had to wait more than another few months for the missing minis (I think my longest lag was about a 9 month span when some figures had gone out of stock and then some new molds had to be made, too).  

If you don't get a response from Richard via email, you can try posting in their FB page at https://www.facebook.com/Otherworld-Min ... /timeline/ or send him a PM there.  

I hope this helps, Jeremy!

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:31 am 

Ya, that just sounds like an organizational problem. It's hard to be a jack of all trades in any business.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:53 pm 

grodog wrote in Kickstarter projects:  (I think my longest lag was about a 9 month span when some figures had gone out of stock and then some new molds had to be made, too).  !

Wow, when this is even vaguely acceptable then you're a more patient man than I!
I have noticed though that we here do have a tendency to be far more lenient on those we consider "our own"

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:08 pm 

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll get on the email/Facebook message per week routine and hope for the best.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:12 am 

Ligmancer wrote in Kickstarter projects:Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll get on the email/Facebook message per week routine and hope for the best.

Best to you. You certainly deserve to get what you paid for.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:59 pm 

This Castles & Crusades "TV Pilot" by Whitman is unbelievably ... embarrassing. Difficult to figure out why he's seen as having any kind of talent. VERY poor quality all around. This isn't even college-level work. And the song at the end is cringe-worthy.

the Knight's Bane on Vimeo

btw, is the title supposed to be:
"The Knight's Bane" (with "The" and an apostrophe)
or "Knight's Bane" (without "The")
or "The Knights Bane" (with "The" but without the apostrophe)
:?:  DUHHHHHH

Attachment:
12096355_10207996570410906_390327583115740637_n.jpg

Attachment:
12115756_10207996570770915_7981795285209867414_n.jpg

btw too, this was called a "sizzle reel" :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Castles & Crusades: Beyond the River (T.V. Pilot) by d20 Entertainment — Kickstarter

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm 

Damn that was gadawful.  I've seen better films by kids.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:03 am 

I'm sure everyone interested in Cthulhu stuff is already following this one but the Delta Green Kickstarter is online and already funded.

kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/delta ... =discovery

Not sure if I mentioned this one already : Lovecraftesque, a GM less RPG in which everyone contribute strange clues to a slow-building mystery. I'm quite intrigued by this one.  

kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/delta ... =discovery

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:01 pm 

Ligmancer wrote in Kickstarter projects:Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll get on the email/Facebook message per week routine and hope for the best.

Any luck, Jeremy?  It does look like Richard is responding to folks on FB.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:05 pm 

grodog wrote in Kickstarter projects:
Any luck, Jeremy?  It does look like Richard is responding to folks on FB.

Yes, Richard did respond via FB, thanks for asking. So at least I have confirmation that my mini's didn't get lost in the mail years ago. Holding out hope that we won't be having this same conversation six months from now.

Thanks again for the advice, progress has been made!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:49 pm 

Not D&D related, but if you are interested in prehistory, you will enjoy Würm
Würm : a prehistoric RPG by editions_icare — Kickstarter
It is the English translation of a French RPG (Wûrm, same title). The author, Emmanuel Roudier, created a awesome game, with wonderfull illustrations.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:06 am 

DCC 4th printing kickstarter

kickstarter.com/projects/1409961192/dcc ... nav_search

Features the possibility to get this in the following versions : 4th printing regular cover, a Peter Mullen variant, Peter Mullen variant with slipcase, silver foil faux leather, silver foil real leather.

And you can get some new printings of a few modules as well.

With this and the comic-style 1500 different covers for one module, I've pretty much given up on trying to collect this.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:31 pm 

Ralph:  I read your NPC profile for the Delta Green KS, and was suitably impressed :D :D

Allan.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:23 am 

Yeah I thought that was pretty hilarious as well  :D

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:20 am 

did anyone on here pledge for the Spinward Traveller?

I was wondering if someone could post what this update said since Whitman locked it to only backers

Spinward Traveller (T.V. Pilot) by d20 Entertainment — Kickstarter

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:55 am 

xRalphx wrote in Kickstarter projects:DCC 4th printing kickstarter

kickstarter.com/projects/1409961192/dcc ... nav_search

Features the possibility to get this in the following versions : 4th printing regular cover, a Peter Mullen variant, Peter Mullen variant with slipcase, silver foil faux leather, silver foil real leather.

And you can get some new printings of a few modules as well.

With this and the comic-style 1500 different covers for one module, I've pretty much given up on trying to collect this.

I'm with you. I've pretty much given up trying to collect DCC RPG due to the variant covers, numerous core rule book printings, modules in different sizes, etc. Also, while it is sound business for Goodman to reprint harder-to-find modules to meet demand, it diminishes a bit the thrill of the collector hunt knowing that the uncommon-ish material could be made common next week.

That said, I'll still buy most of what they produce because it's a lot of fun. For this Kickstarter, I'm in for the real leather edition because it rocks. And then I'm done.

Oh, and maybe a Mullen cover because with thumb tabs and gilded pages it will be awesome.

Damn  :?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:59 pm 

I pretty much stopped with the Goodman games stuff

btw, here's another failed Kickstarter after this guy took in almost $155k for an FPS zombie sandbox

The Dead Linger by Sandswept Studios — Kickstarter

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 47 of 60123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 585960