Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 47 of 60123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 585960
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:45 pm 

Oscar Rios, the owner of Golden Goblin Press, asked me to join the project last spring.
I have already turned in my 12,000 word scenario set in the Bahamas in 1929 called Crimson Eyes and Azure Pools.
It still has to go through a round of playtesting and editing, but I think it is a pretty solid scenario.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:11 am 

I'm in, it looks really good. Don't know if I'll be able to get a group to adventure in the islands, but these things are great to read even if you don't play the game.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:20 pm 

Thanks Mike! Hopefully we will hit many of the stretch goals.
I am working on a section for a guide to the Caribbean in the 1920's.
Earlier this year I purchased a 1928 set of the Encyclopedia Britannica (1931 revised edition) for only $100 US.
They have helped immensely in the research! I almost did not get them. The seller in Florida shipped by UPS in two boxes.
One arrived and the other went on a three week journey ending up returned to sender in Florida.
UPS finally admitted their mistake and shipped the box to me again with no charge.
For awhile I thought I was stuck with half a set of books that would have been only partially useful.

Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:00 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote in Kickstarter projects:Thanks Mike! Hopefully we will hit many of the stretch goals.
I am working on a section for a guide to the Caribbean in the 1920's.
Earlier this year I purchased a 1928 set of the Encyclopedia Britannica (1931 revised edition) for only $100 US.
They have helped immensely in the research! I almost did not get them. The seller in Florida shipped by UPS in two boxes.
One arrived and the other went on a three week journey ending up returned to sender in Florida.
UPS finally admitted their mistake and shipped the box to me again with no charge.
For awhile I thought I was stuck with half a set of books that would have been only partially useful.

Interesting, I have a collection of 1920s National Geographic (before I found the CD-rom version) that I used to use for reseach. The photos alone are breathtaking. I also try to pick up any almanacs from that time period when I find them on sale anywhere.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:44 pm 

Great stuff Jason I'm going to back the KS on the strength of that story :)

Best of luck with the project!

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:14 pm 

Thanks! And just to let collectors know, there are 5 spots left on the Trinidad backers level.
That includes a physical copy of the the out of print Tales of the Sleepless City from the now defunct Miskatonic River Press.
Tom Lynch from MRP provided enough copies to cover those backer levels. This is the last of those Call of Cthulhu sourcebooks from the original publisher.

Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:36 pm 

Am I the only Aceumite to get played like a sucker by the Otherworld Miniatures Indiegogo campaign?

I've received nothing. No product, no correspondence, no replies to inquiries, nothing...three years on. I'm not alone.

I wrote this one off as a loss quite a while ago, but as I continue to see new products rolling out, and particularly the excitement that seems to accompany these new products, I can't help but wonder how there's been no discernible backlash.

Brave Halfling/John Adams reputation is in ruins.
Center Stage/Matt Solarz has gone bankrupt.
Yet Otherworld continues on, business as usual, while my $280 from 2012 isn't even worthy of an email.

Curious and furious...

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:44 pm 

Ligmancer wrote in Kickstarter projects:Am I the only Aceumite to get played like a sucker by the Otherworld Miniatures Indiegogo campaign?

I've received nothing. No product, no correspondence, no replies to inquiries, nothing...three years on. I'm not alone.

I wrote this one off as a loss quite a while ago, but as I continue to see new products rolling out, and particularly the excitement that seems to accompany these new products, I can't help but wonder how there's been no discernible backlash.

Yet Otherworld continues on, business as usual, while my $280 from 2012 isn't even worthy of an email.

Curious and furious...

Have you received anything?  You should post on the Reaper message forums and see if anyone there can help as it seems there was partial fulfillment for some backers.
Otherworld Indiegogo Campaign - Page 27 - Kickstarter - Reaper Message Board - Page 27

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:26 pm 

Ligmancer wrote in Kickstarter projects:Am I the only Aceumite to get played like a sucker by the Otherworld Miniatures Indiegogo campaign?

Curious and furious...

sorry to hear about this. that makes me as mad as the whole CSM deal. Any of those Ken Whitman kickstarters are probably worse.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm 

Curious and furious...

WOW I just ordered some stuff from the website and it came slowly but still came.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:20 am 

Curious and furious...

Contact other world, perhaps via their forums.

I know the indiegogo caused them real problems and lots of people waited a very long time. I got the first half of my pledge ages ago and only recently received the rest.

I don't think Otherworld is dishonest, just bit off more than it could chew.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:51 am 

I don't know this, but I feel as though most KS projects like this suffer from two primary failures.

1. Not purposefully overestimating their costs in production and delivery.

2. Lack of meticulous record keeping.

Other than that the KS failures are usually caused by ego.

Get a physical address and landlines phone number if they have it, would be my advice. Harder to ignore physical presence and tangible voice than email, forums, and fb posts. At least that's been my experience.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:13 pm 

Sardan wrote in Kickstarter projects:Contact other world, perhaps via their forums.

I know the indiegogo caused them real problems and lots of people waited a very long time. I got the first half of my pledge ages ago and only recently received the rest.

Conveniently, the forums have been deactivated for "updates".   :roll:
I'm glad to hear you received yours, did you have to bombard them with emails to get attention or just lucked out with normal order of business?

Blackmoor wrote in Kickstarter projects:WOW I just ordered some stuff from the website and it came slowly but still came.

This plays to my previous point, somehow Otherworld has dodged the stigma of unreliability that has accompanied most failed Kickstarters, when for some of us, no one has been worse. Makes my plight that much more infuriating.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:13 am 

Sardan wrote in Kickstarter projects:

Curious and furious...

Contact other world, perhaps via their forums.

Unfortunately the forums are toast atm, but if you reach out to Richard directly by email, he should get you taken care of.  I didn't order the indiegogo campaign since I buy OW for their monsters rather than PCs minis, but I've had other friends who've had very slow and/or partial fulfillment on their orders too.  Richard has, to my knowledge, been able to fix many of those issues, but it takes time (exacerbated in part by the death of their primary casting company owner, in part).  

Richard's email is [email protected]

Sardan wrote in Kickstarter projects:I know the indiegogo caused them real problems and lots of people waited a very long time. I got the first half of my pledge ages ago and only recently received the rest.

I agree, but they've always come through in the end, although slower than desired (and Richard usually includes some free minis to help make up for delays, too).  

When I was ordering from them more regularly (I only stopped because I have so many unpainted minis atm that I realized it was ludicrous to just keep buying them until I got into a better painting routine---which has improved, but I'm still working on a good schedule), I would do so via their vouchers, which allow you to buy at ~30% off retail or so, and sometimes he would be out of stock on some minis in an order but as long as I was tracking them and mentioning those in my next orders, I rarely had to wait more than another few months for the missing minis (I think my longest lag was about a 9 month span when some figures had gone out of stock and then some new molds had to be made, too).  

If you don't get a response from Richard via email, you can try posting in their FB page at https://www.facebook.com/Otherworld-Min ... /timeline/ or send him a PM there.  

I hope this helps, Jeremy!

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:31 am 

Ya, that just sounds like an organizational problem. It's hard to be a jack of all trades in any business.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:53 pm 

grodog wrote in Kickstarter projects:  (I think my longest lag was about a 9 month span when some figures had gone out of stock and then some new molds had to be made, too).  !

Wow, when this is even vaguely acceptable then you're a more patient man than I!
I have noticed though that we here do have a tendency to be far more lenient on those we consider "our own"

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:08 pm 

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll get on the email/Facebook message per week routine and hope for the best.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:12 am 

Ligmancer wrote in Kickstarter projects:Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll get on the email/Facebook message per week routine and hope for the best.

Best to you. You certainly deserve to get what you paid for.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 47 of 60123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 585960