Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 46 of 59123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 575859
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:16 pm 

Seany,

I agree this one looks good.  I'm just beginning to get irritated by the massive spamming being done.  I'm getting too many messages or posts about it everywhere I turn.

~throwi

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:07 pm 

throwi wrote in Kickstarter projects:Seany,

I agree this one looks good.  I'm just beginning to get irritated by the massive spamming being done.  I'm getting too many messages or posts about it everywhere I turn.

~throwi

Which?

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:15 am 

Video for a Golden Goblin Press Kickstarter launching on September 9th.
Tales of the Caribbean for Call of Cthulhu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwbhdNexihM

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:25 am 

JasonZavoda wrote in Kickstarter projects:
throwi wrote in Kickstarter projects:Seany,

~throwi

Which?

The one Seany mentions in the post above mine, the Marmoreal Tomb.

~throwi

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:18 pm 

throwi wrote in Kickstarter projects:
JasonZavoda wrote in Kickstarter projects:
Which?

The one Seany mentions in the post above mine, the Marmoreal Tomb.

~throwi

I don't think it is correct to call it spamming. I find I am not interested in most of the updates but I think Benoist and Ernie Gygax are enthusiastic about their project and have been told that they should communicate as much as possible.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:39 am 

Tales of the Caribbean for Call of Cthulhu by Golden Goblin Press is now live on Kickstarter.

kickstarter.com/projects/golden-goblin- ... ?ref=video

Secrets of Tibet

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:08 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote in Kickstarter projects:Tales of the Caribbean for Call of Cthulhu by Golden Goblin Press is now live on Kickstarter.

kickstarter.com/projects/golden-goblin- ... ?ref=video

Just an update on this project. It is currently 92% funded with 26 days to go.
A backer level (Aruba) has been added which gives Print On Demand options to backers in the UK, Europe, and Australia. This should save them money on shipping costs.
This also means that for collectors there will be variant editions out there.

Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:54 pm 

Thanks for the heads-up, Jason---I hadn't realized that you were writing for this KS =)

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:45 pm 

Oscar Rios, the owner of Golden Goblin Press, asked me to join the project last spring.
I have already turned in my 12,000 word scenario set in the Bahamas in 1929 called Crimson Eyes and Azure Pools.
It still has to go through a round of playtesting and editing, but I think it is a pretty solid scenario.

Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:11 am 

I'm in, it looks really good. Don't know if I'll be able to get a group to adventure in the islands, but these things are great to read even if you don't play the game.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:20 pm 

Thanks Mike! Hopefully we will hit many of the stretch goals.
I am working on a section for a guide to the Caribbean in the 1920's.
Earlier this year I purchased a 1928 set of the Encyclopedia Britannica (1931 revised edition) for only $100 US.
They have helped immensely in the research! I almost did not get them. The seller in Florida shipped by UPS in two boxes.
One arrived and the other went on a three week journey ending up returned to sender in Florida.
UPS finally admitted their mistake and shipped the box to me again with no charge.
For awhile I thought I was stuck with half a set of books that would have been only partially useful.

Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:00 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote in Kickstarter projects:Thanks Mike! Hopefully we will hit many of the stretch goals.
I am working on a section for a guide to the Caribbean in the 1920's.
Earlier this year I purchased a 1928 set of the Encyclopedia Britannica (1931 revised edition) for only $100 US.
They have helped immensely in the research! I almost did not get them. The seller in Florida shipped by UPS in two boxes.
One arrived and the other went on a three week journey ending up returned to sender in Florida.
UPS finally admitted their mistake and shipped the box to me again with no charge.
For awhile I thought I was stuck with half a set of books that would have been only partially useful.

Interesting, I have a collection of 1920s National Geographic (before I found the CD-rom version) that I used to use for reseach. The photos alone are breathtaking. I also try to pick up any almanacs from that time period when I find them on sale anywhere.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:44 pm 

Great stuff Jason I'm going to back the KS on the strength of that story :)

Best of luck with the project!

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:14 pm 

Thanks! And just to let collectors know, there are 5 spots left on the Trinidad backers level.
That includes a physical copy of the the out of print Tales of the Sleepless City from the now defunct Miskatonic River Press.
Tom Lynch from MRP provided enough copies to cover those backer levels. This is the last of those Call of Cthulhu sourcebooks from the original publisher.

Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:36 pm 

Am I the only Aceumite to get played like a sucker by the Otherworld Miniatures Indiegogo campaign?

I've received nothing. No product, no correspondence, no replies to inquiries, nothing...three years on. I'm not alone.

I wrote this one off as a loss quite a while ago, but as I continue to see new products rolling out, and particularly the excitement that seems to accompany these new products, I can't help but wonder how there's been no discernible backlash.

Brave Halfling/John Adams reputation is in ruins.
Center Stage/Matt Solarz has gone bankrupt.
Yet Otherworld continues on, business as usual, while my $280 from 2012 isn't even worthy of an email.

Curious and furious...

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:44 pm 

Ligmancer wrote in Kickstarter projects:Am I the only Aceumite to get played like a sucker by the Otherworld Miniatures Indiegogo campaign?

I've received nothing. No product, no correspondence, no replies to inquiries, nothing...three years on. I'm not alone.

I wrote this one off as a loss quite a while ago, but as I continue to see new products rolling out, and particularly the excitement that seems to accompany these new products, I can't help but wonder how there's been no discernible backlash.

Yet Otherworld continues on, business as usual, while my $280 from 2012 isn't even worthy of an email.

Curious and furious...

Have you received anything?  You should post on the Reaper message forums and see if anyone there can help as it seems there was partial fulfillment for some backers.
Otherworld Indiegogo Campaign - Page 27 - Kickstarter - Reaper Message Board - Page 27

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:26 pm 

Ligmancer wrote in Kickstarter projects:Am I the only Aceumite to get played like a sucker by the Otherworld Miniatures Indiegogo campaign?

Curious and furious...

sorry to hear about this. that makes me as mad as the whole CSM deal. Any of those Ken Whitman kickstarters are probably worse.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm 

Curious and furious...

WOW I just ordered some stuff from the website and it came slowly but still came.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 46 of 59123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 575859