Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 45 of 59123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 575859
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:17 am 

For all the Cthulhu fans out there :

The art of Richard Luong

kickstarter.com/projects/786059328/cthu ... hard-luong

This is an artbook from the guy who did the artwork for Cthulhu Wars. There's two kickstarter exclusive miniatures which according to my understanding can be used in Cthulhu Wars.

World War Cthulhu - Cold War

kickstarter.com/projects/461807648/worl ... of-cthulhu

This is Cubicle 7's new setting for the Call of Cthulhu RPG. The Mythos meets espionage during the cold war.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:26 am 

Holy cow!!! Dec 2012?!? I missed that it passed so much time...

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:06 am 

Overall question: is there any way to withdraw the pledge and claim back the money? What are the circumstances which should allow to do that?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:03 pm 

aia wrote in Kickstarter projects:Overall question: is there any way to withdraw the pledge and claim back the money? What are the circumstances which should allow to do that?

During the run of the project (typically 30 days), you can adjust your pledge or cancel it.  After that, you cannot.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:18 am 

xRalphx wrote in Kickstarter projects:For all the Cthulhu fans out there :

World War Cthulhu - Cold War

kickstarter.com/projects/461807648/worl ... of-cthulhu

This is Cubicle 7's new setting for the Call of Cthulhu RPG. The Mythos meets espionage during the cold war.

I am a big Le Carre fan and this looks great. Also Cubicle 7 do *really* nice looking material.
But I don't really like the look of the 7th Edition of the game (sadface).  I might still back it anyway :)

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:43 am 

I agree, they have really nice books. I'm looking forward to my London boxed set a lot ! From pictures I've seen it looks amazing.

I'm a bit short on cash right now, otherwise I would have backed this one without thinking.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:17 pm 

d20 Ent Sludge report 01 July 2015

Pencil Dice by d20 Entertainment — Kickstarter
RPG Pencil Dice by d20 Entertainment — Kickstarter
Deck Dice - Playing Cards with Roll-Ability! by d20 Entertainment — Kickstarter
Castles & Crusades: Beyond the River (T.V. Pilot) by d20 Entertainment — Kickstarter
Knights of the Dinner Table: Live Action Series (KODT: LAS) by d20 Entertainment — Kickstarter
Spinward Traveller (T.V. Pilot) by d20 Entertainment — Kickstarter
Knights Quest Family Card Game by Ken Whitman Games — Kickstarter

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:05 am 

xRalphx wrote in Kickstarter projects:I agree, they have really nice books. I'm looking forward to my London boxed set a lot ! From pictures I've seen it looks amazing.

I'm a bit short on cash right now, otherwise I would have backed this one without thinking.

Also they seem pretty good on kickstarter delivery as well. ...

Here is some food for thought on alternate Call of Cthulhu settings. When the game came out in 1981, the default setting of the mid 1920s was 55 years earlier. A cold war setting (mid 70s) is now 40 years behind our time now, and the recent Cthulhu Atomic Age setting (1950s) is even further behind now than the 20s were when the game came out!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:49 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Kickstarter projects:
benjoshua wrote in Kickstarter projects:Reaper is going to do a third Bones miniatures Kickstarter!  It kicks off the day after NTX, June 8th.

Reaper Miniatures :: Bones3

One of the minis is a Tianot (like Tiamat only not).  :wink:

The Kickstarter was moved back to July 7th.

Reaper Miniatures :: Bones3

By the way, I participated in the first two Bones Kickstarters, primarily just getting the core sets each time at $100.00.  And each time I sold that core set for $150.00 the day after I received it.  Some individuals sold the first core set for over $200.00.  I should also add that both of these Kickstarters were late, about four or five months each time.  I know most people here are not into minis, but their combination of light-weight, indestructibility, price, and quality make them the best minis out there in my opinion, and I own a huge set of 25mm metal minis.   8)

This project is off to a good start, already approaching $1,000,000.00.  Here's the direct link:

Reaper Miniatures Bones 3: The Search for Mr. Bones! by Reaper Miniatures — Kickstarter

:)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:42 am 

That's gotta leave a mark. fyi:

To: Ken Whitman
Date: 22 July 2015
Re: KoDT "Live Action Series" films

Ken it's really unfair that you haven't sent out those invitations to the premiere as promised. Especially when you squeezed extras money out of those backers who already pledged for the premiere (basically paid twice).

It's very late in the game. GenCon is in a week. Folks will be hitting the road soon and won't have access to email. You are adding to their frustrations and worries and for no reason. If you can post memes all night on Facebook why can't you take a few minutes and send out those invitations? And why can't you answer your email, messages or update folks here (or on your other five kickstarters which are piling up with complaints).

We get you blew through all the money. You're broke. You say you're struggling to raise more money to fulfill your obligations. That's great. But silence and refusing to just be honest and telling folks that is adding to the problem. You're leaving folks guessing and assuming the worse.

A lot of people are betting you'll come down with an excuse a the last hour and not even show up for GenCon to face backers and present your 3 film projects. Or that you'll send a proxy. I have no idea.

As you've said many times this is YOUR project not mine (or KenzerCo's). But it's our base and our IP you've been milking for money for over 18 months and now that backers have questions you have no time for them. NONE. You do a drive by 'update' with broken promises and dates every few months and that's about it.

You told me the other day I was 'sabotaging' you by ruining our ability to 'raise money' on the internet by my 'insistent complaining'. Actually, I've been simply letting our readers know that they shouldn't be throwing good money after bad. I have no idea where all the money went. That's your business as you say. My 'complaining' if you ever bothered to read the comments here has been about your lack of communication. As in NO communication. Also the lying. Why tell backers you have shipped their books only to have them learn weeks later that you didn't? I just don't get the logic. Call me crazy but I think honest answers are always better than a lie.

I look forward to seeing the three episodes at GenCon next week (two of which we had here at KenzerCo has little or no opportunity to see, let alone provide creative feedback on as promised). I REALLY hope you show up Ken. It's going take a lot of courage. And I hope you come with some real answers - even if it's just to deliver some bad news (product will be months late or whatever).

I will never personally work with you again. I can handle someone who makes mistakes and owns up to them and makes an effort to improve. I can't work with someone who makes mistakes and then blames others for his failures.

Knights of the Dinner Table: Live Action Series (KODT: LAS) by d20 Entertainment — Kickstarter

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:44 am 

The Kickstarter was moved back to July 7th.

Reaper Miniatures Bones 3: The Search for Mr. Bones! by Reaper Miniatures — Kickstarter

By the way, I participated in the first two Bones Kickstarters, primarily just getting the core sets each time at $100.00.  And each time I sold that core set for $150.00 the day after I received it.  Some individuals sold the first core set for over $200.00.  I should also add that both of these Kickstarters were late, about four or five months each time.  I know most people here are not into minis, but their combination of light-weight, indestructibility, price, and quality make them the best minis out there in my opinion, and I own a huge set of 25mm metal minis.   8)

This project is off to a good start, already approaching $1,000,000.00.  Here's the direct link:

:)

This project is now in its last two days ending this Saturday at 6:00 PM EST, I believe.  The bottom line is that this is a good way to get a variety of about 135 miniatures for $100 meaning they'll be about 75 cents each.  While I personally have an old-school metal mini collection, if I was doing it all over again, I go with these minis.  They are lighter, less expensive, and are difficult to damage.  And while most plastic minis don't show good detail, these do, and you don't even have to prime them.  If you have ever considered making the leap to minis, this is the way to go.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:43 am 

Things are exploding...
Hitler reacts to more lies regarding the KODT : LAS Kickstarter. - YouTube

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:59 pm 

That may have been one of the funniest things I've seen in recent months!

~throwi

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:49 pm 

He's the Uwe Boll of Kickstarter...

ROFLMAO!!!

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:18 pm 

Any updates to the Ken Whitman / d20 fiasco from first hand attendees at GenCon?  Did he pull through or did things flop as expected?

Just curious, following the thread of unbelievable nonsense.

~throwi

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:14 pm 

throwi wrote in Kickstarter projects:Any updates to the Ken Whitman / d20 fiasco from first hand attendees at GenCon?  Did he pull through or did things flop as expected?

Just curious, following the thread of unbelievable nonsense.

~throwi

From what I read following on Facebook and Google+, it was sheer lunacy.  Both Ken and Jolly had after parties since Ken had cancelled his but then re-instated it when Jolly announced his (with help from ZOE).  However, Ken cancelled everything past the first showing by saying he had "death threats" and Gencon told him to stay in his room to be safe and thus cancelled everything, but no proof of course.  His rep has to be toilet water at this point, but amazingly he still has defenders.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:27 pm 

This one looks interesting to me '100 Swords' 100 Swords by Laboratory — Kickstarter

46 hours to go.

2 person fantasy micro deck building game

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:29 pm 

A new kickstarter by Monte Cook Games for the Numenera RPG :

kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames ... inth-world

The things we leave behind is the first release by new Chaosium licensee Stygian Fox for the Call of Cthulhu RPG :

kickstarter.com/projects/stephaniemcale ... of-cthulhu

In other news, the Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game should launch at Kickstarter in September 2015. Kenneth Hite has also joined the Delta Green/Dream Team as Pelgrane will be releasing an add-on to the kickstarter called The fall of Delta Green which covers DG in the 1960s.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 45 of 59123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 575859