Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 44 of 59123 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 575859
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:47 am 

ExTSR wrote in Kickstarter projects:Sludge report 09 May 2015

Regarding ALL d20 Entertainment / Ken Whitman projects:

I didn't back any of his projects but I was curious what these last update read since they're "for backers only"
Knights of the Dinner Table: Live Action Series (KODT: LAS) by d20 Entertainment — Kickstarter

Knights of the Dinner Table: Live Action Series (KODT: LAS) by d20 Entertainment — Kickstarter

Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:11 am 

Whitman's biggest problem is communication and following through. He needs a business manager or at the very least, a personal assistant with the power to nudge him. Complaints about missing product go unanswered - ever. And most of them end up cc'ed in my inbox as well. All I can do is forward them to Ken and plead with him to at least acknowledge them. But he refuses to do that, even as a courtesy to me, let along the backers.

I'm at a loss with him. He's a talented guy but I'm finding his reputation is one he richly deserves.

I'm rooting for him to succeed and come out of all this on the other side but treating the people who gave you money and supported your projects so poorly is just not a good idea.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:48 pm 

Jolly, You could hire yourself out as a "Damage Control Agent" to people with Kickstarters. heh... everywhere this has been discussed you have replied with at least your understanding of the situation.
That's a LOT of places.
I know it has been bumpy. but your reputation is intact.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:56 am 

fwiw:

Collection of Links:
http://whatswithken.weebly.com/ ((Edit: Link now deleted))

Other:
Don't Fund d20 Entertainment kickstarters or Ken Whitman projects on Pinterest
Tenkar's Tavern: Guest Poster - The Frugal GM - As The d20 (Entertainment) Spins - Wayward Kickstarter

Last edited by ExTSR on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:50 am 

Bards Tale IV...

The Bards Tale IV by inXile entertainment — Kickstarter

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:53 am 

LOL!:  I just sent that to my brothers earlier this evening, Mike! :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:24 am 

just re-posting this recent interview blog with Ken Whitman that I saw in the comments section on KDOT kickstarter.

Interview with Ken Whitman of D20 Entertainment. | R.P.G. (Runkle Plays Games)

here are some interesting tidbits. "RPG" is the interviewer and "D20" is obviously Whitman

R.P.G.
Who all makes up the D20 Entertainment Team? Is D20E  your full-time day-to-day Job or is this a project that you do on the side and work a normal 9-5 job ?

D20E
I am d20 Entertainment.  At one time there were 4 of us, but editing takes time, and funds run out.  So right now it's me working 16 hour days 7 days a week

R.P.G.
Many Kicstaters biggest difficulty comes from Shipping. Do you feel that the staged shipping has been where most of the problems have come from ?

D20E
Absolutely, because we did not think about that during the process of the Kickstarter, and shipping rates when t up over the 18 months of production.  All of a sudden a $3,500 expense has become a $9,000.  That money had to come from somewhere.

R.P.G.
Some have said that your latest three projects were created to bankroll more funds into your other projects like KODT, Spinward Traveler and C&C. So would you tell us are the funds for each D20 project maintained separately?

D20E
Making Tv pilots and movies is my dream.   So I have funneled in extra monies from pencil dice to keep editing & producing.  I want these three projects to be the best I can do.  I want people to see what I see in my head.  So, I spend very little money on myself.  Every product I sell, every kickstarter I run, a majority goes into new and future projects.  I have my monthly expenses down to $1200, so i can keep doing this!

R.P.G.
On that note There has been much concern over the Larry Elmore Print. Can you to clarify if it will still be a movie poster or a DVD Slipcover? I think the issue is that you have stated the Elmore print will be on the DVD.

D20E
Because we did not hit certain goals, we are reusing the 200 issue cover with a few actors involved.  Not exactly like we planned but...

R.P.G.
Lastly I have to ask because everyone would like to know. Can you shed any light on the reasons why you would ask Jolly Blackburn to please be quiet on the comments section of KODT kickstater

D20E
Jolly Blackburn is a wonderful creative artist.  I appreciate him and  his wife Barbara very much.  Jolly and I don't really speak much, so he really had no direct information to provide from me.  He was more like a lone police officer holding back a mob, so I said that he should not place himself in the position.   Once again, nice of him to offer but not that helpful.

That's so thoughtful of Whitman to consider Kickstarter backers as a "mob" :roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:17 pm 

I just bought a new laptop and was looking at this - only I want it now!

grodog wrote in Kickstarter projects:

LOL!:  I just sent that to my brothers earlier this evening, Mike! :D

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:16 am 

is this Ken Whitman's way of getting back at somebody that's giving him a hard time about not delivering/communication about his kickstarters?

Motivational Haiku for James Mathe by Ken Whitman | Indiegogo

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:01 pm 

I don't normally do this.
Favor pls?

I know some of you have done well. We're brothers in Gaming and I don't bug you about reality ;>. But please take a minute for this.

My best and longest friend Jacques (2-time Best Man) has this only son, college guy, exceptional. He made the East Coast news with his Batman suit that really worked (linkie below). Gordon Jackson​ is the lad's name.

So now he's only asking for under 2 grand to do another Really Cool Thing.

Bias aside, money for this (no-brainer) KS is investing in this talented guy, enabling more great stuff. And he rites purty good 2. So check it out, see if you can spare a bit. A 100 would be big to him.

Thanks in advance. :)

Deathstroke Combat Armor by Jackson Gordon — Kickstarter

This student's created a Batman outfit - and it works - CNN.com

Philadelphia College Student Creates Functional Batsuit « CBS Philly

My friends Dave & Gary made a quantum leap in the human soul. Remember them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:08 pm 

This one looks interesting. Just when you thought you had everything. Vinyl gaming mats for miniatures wargaming in a variety of cool backgrounds.

GameMatz - Gaming Terrain Game Mats by GameMatz — Kickstarter

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:47 pm 

ExTSR wrote in Kickstarter projects:I don't normally do this.
Favor pls?

I know some of you have done well. We're brothers in Gaming and I don't bug you about reality ;>. But please take a minute for this.

My best and longest friend Jacques (2-time Best Man) has this only son, college guy, exceptional. He made the East Coast news with his Batman suit that really worked (linkie below). Gordon Jackson​ is the lad's name.

So now he's only asking for under 2 grand to do another Really Cool Thing.

Bias aside, money for this (no-brainer) KS is investing in this talented guy, enabling more great stuff. And he rites purty good 2. So check it out, see if you can spare a bit. A 100 would be big to him.

Thanks in advance. :)

Deathstroke Combat Armor by Jackson Gordon — Kickstarter

This student's created a Batman outfit - and it works - CNN.com

Philadelphia College Student Creates Functional Batsuit « CBS Philly

Pretty neat! For less than some pay to go to a convention this guy built a batman suit!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:15 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Kickstarter projects:Reaper is going to do a third Bones miniatures Kickstarter!  It kicks off the day after NTX, June 8th.

Reaper Miniatures :: Bones3

One of the minis is a Tianot (like Tiamat only not).  :wink:

The Kickstarter was moved back to July 7th.

Reaper Miniatures :: Bones3

By the way, I participated in the first two Bones Kickstarters, primarily just getting the core sets each time at $100.00.  And each time I sold that core set for $150.00 the day after I received it.  Some individuals sold the first core set for over $200.00.  I should also add that both of these Kickstarters were late, about four or five months each time.  I know most people here are not into minis, but their combination of light-weight, indestructibility, price, and quality make them the best minis out there in my opinion, and I own a huge set of 25mm metal minis.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:43 pm 

interesting article about the FTC getting involved in that Kickstarter for Doom that Came to Atlantic City

Federal Trade Commission Brings First Case Over a Kickstarter Project - The Hollywood Reporter

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:37 pm 

Good News on the Grapevine!

No confirmations yet but --

looks like Marcus King has invested in Ken Whitman, and there's now significant progress toward fulfillments!

More to come very quickly no doubt. :)

Knights of the Dinner Table Live Action Series Episode 1 - YouTube

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:18 pm 

Traveller 5 (former KS)

Funded by a 350k+ KS, resulting in a 750+ pg book of charts & tables. With no PDF bookmarks. But it does have an index. Good luck. :)

Warning: Messy, and with lousy and/or Very Old art. Scathing Review:

Lurking Rhythmically: Traveller Tuesday: A review of T5 (Traveller 5th edition) - Ponies. Pistols. Prepping.

BUT -- Price reduced! And a "Top Pick" by Sean P. Fannon on Enworld (12 June).

Now for $35 (originally $75).

DriveThruRPG.com - T5 Traveller5 Core Rules Book (759 pages) Reviews

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:18 pm 

ExTSR wrote in Kickstarter projects:looks like Marcus King has invested in Ken Whitman, and there's now significant progress toward fulfillments!

This is sarcasm right?  It sure made me howl - best line I've heard in a long long time!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:54 pm 

This kickstarter features well-designed modular terrain boards.  The creator is in Greece - and it's his first rodeo - but he's backed over 150 kickstarters, and seems diligent in planning.

The only risk, I think, is that part of the process that requires hand crafting -- which could impair his to ability to scale.   (He claims though that he has lined up the talent to do that work...)
The product looks really good - check it out.

PEDION Modular Prepainted Terrain System for RPGs & Wargames by Pedion Modular Battlefields — Kickstarter

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 44 of 59123 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 575859