Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 38 of 59123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 575859
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:20 am 

Thunderdave wrote in Kickstarter projects:Just reading through Lloyd's mini-mods tonight... had a lol moment when Bad Mike, the auctioneer, goads, chides, and exposites the party into action :)  Well done Lloyd, very good looking & enjoyable booklets!

Yeh I was tickled to see how large a part "Bad Mike" had in the final product!  Thought I'd just get a simple mention.  Great value for these items!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:35 am 

More Lloyd Metcalf plugs, here is his page where he has his KS items (mini-modules and holiday cards) available for purchase.  Also note the snazzy new devil horned/tail logo, that is a Lloyd Metcalf creation.  Throw the guy some money!  And if you need a logo, flier, or art done his rates are reasonable (I pay him in whiskey shots and chicken nuggets).

Lloyd Metcalf Archives - The Art Goblin's DungeonThe Art Goblin's Dungeon

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:38 pm 

New logo looks sharp Mike. Really brings out the 'bad' :viking:

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:53 pm 

u2622 wrote in Kickstarter projects:Monte Cook Games is releasing a boxed version of Numenéra, with the upper levels including lots of extra goodies:

Exclusive Numenera Boxed Set Edition by Monte Cook Games — Kickstarter

I backed it just before it finished up. Looking forward to it...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:39 pm 

The Shadows of Esteren team has another Kickstarter up.

Shadows of Esteren - A Medieval Horror RPG: Occultism by Jim Searcy — Kickstarter

I've been thrilled with their prior products, and they have been pretty much right on schedule for each of them.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:07 am 

I finally got my author copy of Les pièges de Grimtooth. It is an impressive book (200p with a lot of new arts and several news traps, as well as a complete adventure)

Here is what backers get for 45€
Two copies of GT, 20 sheets with illustrated traps, 5 post cards (with additionnal traps), one bookmark and a A3 poster.

The illustrated sheets

And some of the interior pages/arts

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:30 am 

Kudos to kilted-yaksman for fulfilling Barrowmaze Complete on time! Well done, and thanks!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:16 pm 

I have no association with this, but it looks like the kind of thing that would be of interest to folk around these parts.

The Folio 1E Module Relaunch (Kickstarter)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:28 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote in Kickstarter projects:
xRalphx wrote in Kickstarter projects:Not sure if this was mentioned already but there's a new crowdfunding for Lamentations of the Flame Princess too

indiegogo.com/projects/no-salvation-for ... -want-book

A 64 page full color hardcover with a very interesting pay what you want formula.

I'm not sure which piece of artwork has me more excited about this.  The floating, naked woman at the top of the page or the demon tearing itself from the woman's mouth a bit further down.  :lol:

My copy arrived this weekend, and I just finished reading it.  It is typical Lamentations of the Flame Princess type adventure with lots of crazy monsters, effects, events and what not.  It was an amusing read if nothing else.  LotFP products really stretch what is possible and plausible in fantasy gaming relative to D&D.  The setting may be medieval Europe, but most everything gets twisted hard and often quickly.  One strength of this product and other LotFP princess products is the presence of several entities/monsters/characters where you can role-play conversations.  Not every living thing is something evil who attacks and asks questions later.  The acronym for No Salvation for Witches is NSFW, and it it is highly NSFW.

It was a pay-what-you-want book, and I think I paid 10 euro for the book and 4.5 euro for shipping.  The book was supposed to arrive about two months back, but they had publication problems.  The book is 64 pages and hardback, but only measures 8 1/2" x 6".  It is a high-quality publication with lots of color pictures and several maps (which are on the front and rear flaps).  It arrived in a padded envelope, but I feel fortunate it wasn't damaged in transit.  I personally hate typos/errors, and this adventure only has one that I could see/find, but it's significant.  The map on the back flap incorrectly notes the location of the "Cloister."

Here is a detailed review.  It has abundant spoilers.

http://diehardgamefan.com/2014/09/05/ta ... -princess/

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:03 am 

Gaming: New format, new idea

And Cheap: $5, 10, 16, 22 +low shipping $
I like the microquests/adventure hooks as much as the cards.

Micro Quest Cards - RPG Adventures in Greeting Card Form by Lloyd Metcalf — Kickstarter

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:20 pm 

Got two Kickstarters in the mail today -- Slumbering Ursine Dunes and Cthulhu Wars.   :D

Now, just to find some time to read and play . . . .

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:34 pm 

I am backing the Grimtooth's Traps KS, which I am sure someone has linked already. I wish more companies would release system-free or generic material. Let people use it as they see fit.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:00 pm 

Pretty bold.

How to Game Master like a Fucking Boss by Venger Satanis — Kickstarter

And amusing.

~throwi

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:25 pm 

It is amusing. Good Game Mastering does include confidence and knowing a few tricks here and there, but there is no substitute for good social and communication skills.  While there are ways to improve social and communication skills, a Game Mastering book like this likely isn't going to change their Game Mastering ability significantly if they don't already have good social and communication skills.  That being said, I could see where someone might be relatively new to the game, already possess excellent communication and social skills and needs help transitioning from being a player to being a DM.  Power to him.  To each his own.  8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:45 am 

Masks of Nyarlathotep companion has been released on kickstarter as a fundraiser for Yog Sothoth.

kickstarter.com/projects/482503977/mask ... -companion

For those interested in the Bloody Tongue edition (which sold out in about 2-3 hours), a new batch of 50 pcs will be made available.

We will be adding an additional 50 limited pledges (M'Weru's Groom 2) of the Bloody Tongue edition to the project on 9 February 2015 at 20:00 GMT.
•London (United Kingdom - England) Monday, 9 February 2015, 20:00:00 GMT UTC
•Brussels (Belgium) Monday, 9 February 2015, 21:00:00 CET UTC+1 hour
•New York (U.S.A. - New York) Monday, 9 February 2015, 15:00:00 EST UTC-5 hours
•Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) Monday, 9 February 2015, 12:00:00 PST UTC-8 hours
•Canberra (Australia - Australian Capital Territory) Tuesday, 10 February 2015, 07:00:00 AEDT UTC+11 hours
•Auckland (New Zealand) Tuesday, 10 February 2015, 09:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:22 pm 

Reaper Bones are shipping, here's the website showing how many shipments went out and to which city... with updates every 30 seconds :)

http://forum.reapermini.com/bones2/

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:56 pm 

xRalphx wrote in Kickstarter projects:Masks of Nyarlathotep companion has been released on kickstarter as a fundraiser for Yog Sothoth.

kickstarter.com/projects/482503977/mask ... -companion

For those interested in the Bloody Tongue edition (which sold out in about 2-3 hours), a new batch of 50 pcs will be made available... [/i]

Thanks for the heads up!  I remembered just in time and got in with the last one remaining :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:42 am 

The Deck100 Kickstarter from Stewart Wieck at Nocturnal Media looks interesting.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 38 of 59123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 575859