Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 34 of 60123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 585960
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:19 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote in Kickstarter projects:
throwi wrote in Kickstarter projects:Hello all!

I'd appreciate any feedback that you have.  [Note:  I just noticed the mispelling in the Stretch Goals table, will fix that later today]

I'm prepared to launch this Friday (if I can get the video done tonight)...

Thanks!

~throwi  (Thom)

Hi Thom. Looks good. And your description and pledge levels I think are sound. My only comment is the lack of pictures. If you put a nice picture or map at the top of the page, it may draw more views.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll shift the cover photo up and add a map or two.

~throwi

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:16 pm 

I like it Thom, I'll back this :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:32 pm 

I am in as well  :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:43 pm 

Thanks Thunderdave and Blackmoor!

~throwi

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:22 pm 

I am backing this as well, I thought his last one was nicely done.

Zach

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:14 am 

I am in as well! Thanks.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:21 am 

*** 2nd UPDATE ***  The project just went live!  Here's the link:  False Promises, an Old School RPG Adventure by Thom Wilson — Kickstarter

*** UPDATE ***  I'll be ready to launch this project at noon east coast time today.  Thanks in advance to those who have already said they will back it!

Thanks Zach and carrejo!

Target release date/time is tomorrow at high noon EST.  I'll confirm tomorrow morning if I'm still on track for that.

Video will be up tonight as well as a few changes to the project description.  Rewards are locked in though.

Thanks everyone!

Thom

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:36 pm 

throwi wrote in Kickstarter projects:*** 2nd UPDATE ***  The project just went live!  Here's the link:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1801954192/false-promises-an-old-school-rpg-adventure

Heh, dammit..too slow on the top tier rewards. I wish you great success.

Zach

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:49 pm 

Inevitability will pay a visit on Wednesday.

I will provide more info than you ever wanted or needed at that time but until then I figured everyone needed to see the ad with our spokes-model selling Lesser Gnome RPGs.

I find the ads with her in them are most effective. Nothing says authentic old-school like a women half most of our ages wearing a handsome logo t-shirt.

At least that is what Bad Mike told me.

:)

Zach

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:54 pm 

Nogrod wrote in Kickstarter projects:
throwi wrote in Kickstarter projects:*** 2nd UPDATE ***  The project just went live!  Here's the link:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1801954192/false-promises-an-old-school-rpg-adventure

Heh, dammit..too slow on the top tier rewards. I wish you great success.

Zach

Thanks Zach!  Yes, the lower collector numbers are starting to go...

~throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:33 pm 

I backed this today, only 3 days left. Slumbering Ursine Dunes by Hydra Collective — Kickstarter

This is a campaign setting and adventures product from the creator of the Hill Cantons blog - Chris Kutalik.

I have played in this campaign via google + and skype and Chris is a talented writer and old school gaming enthusiast. He recently attended NTX PRGCON and ran this at the CON.

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:38 pm 

After keeping my nose out of Kickstarters for a while, I've been dragged back in.  I managed to grab one of Thom's collector/player levels before they were all gone.  I also backed Slumbering Ursine Dunes.  And when I backed that one, it showed a link to this:

De Horrore Cosmico - Six Scenarios for Cthulhu Invictus. by Oscar Rios — Kickstarter

Cthulhu in Roman times . . . what could be better than that?  Only 14 hours to go if you're interested.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:08 pm 

Thanks Bracton!

Several of you backed False Promises and for that, I thank you!

~throwi

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:33 pm 

Nogrod wrote in Kickstarter projects:Inevitability will pay a visit on Wednesday.

[ Image ]

I will provide more info than you ever wanted or needed at that time but until then I figured everyone needed to see the ad with our spokes-model selling Lesser Gnome RPGs.

I find the ads with her in them are most effective. Nothing says authentic old-school like a women half most of our ages wearing a handsome logo t-shirt.

At least that is what Bad Mike told me.

:)

Zach

Tell your cousin to stay away from Thopas, he will ruin her. Look what he did to Amanda Bynes......

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:48 pm 

Greetings all,

Lesser Gnome, my company, has launched its second Kickstarter project Death & Taxes. It is a box set adventure for old-school systems. It was written referencing the Labyrinth Lord system but it is designed to be as system neutral as possible. It will also be available in hardcover, interactive PDF and an old-school module version in order to have an affordable option for everyone. There is a miniatures only option as well.

Death & Taxes is Lesser Gnome's stand-alone follow-up box set to Whisper & Venom. It was nominated for an ENnie, for those of you who are into that sort of thing. Twice! (we didn't win, Monte Cook & Paizo beat us :) ) It was also delivered on time and with all components as promised in its Kickstarter project.

The project page is here- http://kck.st/1rhgFJG

Death & Taxes is an adventure for 4-7 players using characters level 4-6. Although designed for classic rules, the ultimate goal is to create total conversions of the game for popular modern systems while retaining old-school sensibilities.  We did this last time very successfully with a well-received Pathfinder conversion.

At the funding level of $8000 (we are 78% there already with 30+ days to go) Death & Taxes includes-

Once the initial funding goal for project is reached all options are on the table. It is easier to show you what I mean using our last Kickstarter finish as an example-

More written content, more quality art, many more custom made figurines (I would love to make all 25+ that are already planned encounters) are waiting to be unlocked. Truly massive maps (by Alyssa Faden who did the regional maps for Whisper & Venom) are planned. Other options include encounter cards and other physical items that enhance actual game play (Coins are an example).

Here are the early stretch goals that show the already in production figurines-

We want to make the most deluxe box available for fans of old-school RPGs that is built on a foundation of solid writing and design. The purpose is to have non-linear adventure locations with morally serious adversaries. Well-developed monstrosities exist but are not integral to the experience. The entire product can be played through focusing on political machinations or on with more traditional play experiences without missing out on any material.

Examples of our work, including fully playable excerpts, of our previous work can be found in non-watermarked PDF format here-

http://www.lessergnome.com/downloads

Images of the already completed sculpts for the stretch goals can be seen at -http://lessergnome.com/dtminis/.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:57 pm 

I wanted to also give a thanks to those of you who already pledged. Early pledges mean a great deal to the projects overall trajectory and final numbers. Your early support make it that much more likely we can do a box set like Whisper & Venom again. It is a huge deal to us and especially to me personally that you contributed early and generously.

Thanks,

Zach

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:28 pm 

Nogrod wrote in Kickstarter projects:I wanted to also give a thanks to those of you who already pledged. Early pledges mean a great deal to the projects overall trajectory and final numbers. Your early support make it that much more likely we can do a box set like Whisper & Venom again. It is a huge deal to us and especially to me personally that you contributed early and generously.

Thanks,

Zach

I believe I was backer #7 . . . .   :D

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:37 pm 

Bracton wrote in Kickstarter projects:I believe I was backer #7 . . . .   :D

I just checked- you were indeed. Thank you for the support.

Seriously :)

Zach

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 34 of 60123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 585960