Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 32 of 59123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 575859
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:21 am 

I had a few generic Kickstarter questions I thought someone might be able to help answer and/or point me in the right direction.

1) I'm pretty sure once a Kickstarter has completed there is no way to pledge or get in on the action. Is the only recourse left ebay and/or amazon? When there is a retailer tier, I'm not sure how to determine what retailers might have pledged. I haven't tried yet but would the Kickstarter manager or what have you give a list of retailers?

2) Sometimes it seems Kickstarter campaigns just fuel the collectible market, which is great until you miss out!  :evil: Why do companies like Goodman Games require Kickstarter campaigns for some of their products? Similar thoughts for companies like White Wolf, etc. I don't mind and back them when I know about it, backed the recent DCC Kickstarter for example. The rpg publishing world has definitely changed since I was playing as a kid.

3) Lastly, specifically regarding the recent Onyx Publishing (White Wolf) campaigns, did anyone here back the W20: Book or Wryms or Changing Breed releases or the recent M20: Mage The Ascension Kickstarters? I missed all of them!  :( If anyone bought extra deluxe additions with the add-on options in hopes to sell I am very interested!!

Thanks

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:11 am 

I thought this Kickstarter was pretty funny...he's looking for $100 million
Robotech Take Over by Gene — Kickstarter

the $7500 pledge level, especially
" Pledge $7,500 or more
ADMIRAL: I will have dinner with you and one guest (I will bring the guest) and your name mentioned somewhere. Dinner will be BBQ Ribs and we split the check"

If you missed the Robotech Academy Kickstarter by Harmony Gold that was just canceled recently, you'll probably not understand the sarcasm with this new kickstarter. The comments were brutal on the Harmony Gold one. It was amazing that the funding even reached close to $200k.
Robotech Academy (Canceled) by Harmony Gold Productions — Kickstarter

Last edited by misterspock on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:17 am 

cabala wrote in Kickstarter projects:1) I'm pretty sure once a Kickstarter has completed there is no way to pledge or get in on the action. Is the only recourse left ebay and/or amazon? When there is a retailer tier, I'm not sure how to determine what retailers might have pledged. I haven't tried yet but would the Kickstarter manager or what have you give a list of retailers?

I think some Kickstarters allow you to buy in after the fact, but at a somewhat higher cost. I think it's only on a case by case basis though. There is no guarantee.

cabala wrote in Kickstarter projects:2) Sometimes it seems Kickstarter campaigns just fuel the collectible market, which is great until you miss out!  :evil: Why do companies like Goodman Games require Kickstarter campaigns for some of their products? Similar thoughts for companies like White Wolf, etc. I don't mind and back them when I know about it, backed the recent DCC Kickstarter for example. The rpg publishing world has definitely changed since I was playing as a kid.

I want to say that the companies are looking at the kickstarter projects as a means of pre-selling and getting PR/hype about the new products.

cabala wrote in Kickstarter projects:3) Lastly, specifically regarding the recent Onyx Publishing (White Wolf) campaigns, did anyone here back the W20: Book or Wryms or Changing Breed releases or the recent M20: Mage The Ascension Kickstarters? I missed all of them!  :( If anyone bought extra deluxe additions with the add-on options in hopes to sell I am very interested!!  

maybe try and contact the project creator directly on Kickstarter and see if they still have any left?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:09 am 

Re: backing after a Kickstarter is complete, I have done it on two occasions. If product development takes some time, then the company sometimes creates a post - Kickstarter funding option through Paypal. I've seen these create tensions too as rewards are promised to early backers, and they feel annoyed when deadlines are extended in this way. For RPG companies that use KS more as a promo, you usually the have to wait until the books are released.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:55 am 

No Soul Left Behind

kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/no-so ... eft-behind

A campaign for Arc Dream Publishing's Better Angels RPG.

Horrors of War: A covenant with death

kickstarter.com/projects/460966263/horr ... with-death

New Call of Cthulhu release by Pagan Publishing with scenario's placed during WW1

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:58 am 

Not sure if this was mentioned already but there's a new crowdfunding for Lamentations of the Flame Princess too

indiegogo.com/projects/no-salvation-for ... -want-book

A 64 page full color hardcover with a very interesting pay what you want formula.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:09 pm 

xRalphx wrote in Kickstarter projects:Not sure if this was mentioned already but there's a new crowdfunding for Lamentations of the Flame Princess too

A 64 page full color hardcover with a very interesting pay what you want formula.

Yeah, I saw it and put in $20.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:06 pm 

xRalphx wrote in Kickstarter projects:Not sure if this was mentioned already but there's a new crowdfunding for Lamentations of the Flame Princess too

I'm not sure which piece of artwork has me more excited about this.  The floating, naked woman at the top of the page or the demon tearing itself from the woman's mouth a bit further down.  :lol:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:07 pm 

I thought some here might be interested in this -

Kickstarter Lawsuit May Set Precedent on Future Successful Campaigns

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:45 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote in Kickstarter projects:I don't know if many of you backed this, but I just got the book and it is most excellent:

Larry Elmore: The Complete Elmore Artbook (Hardback) by Larry Elmore — Kickstarter

I agree this is a fantastic book. I spoke with Mr. Elmore at Gen Con and he said that the tentative plan is to do a 2nd volume that will collect his B&W prints and sketches. He said a Kickstarter for it would probably happen sometime next year, and they were looking at also doing a double book sleeve that would hold both volumes 1 & 2 together.

On the topic of buying post-Kickstarter, I had missed the KS myself and was pretty disappointed until I found them on this website (they are a bit hidden). They did print a bunch extra. He had some at Gen Con but sold all he brought with him.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:50 am 

It was fun being part of that Kickstarter campaign. Larry Elmore seemed to be struggling a bit when he started it, but the crowd funding platform, connected him with his legions of fans across the world. I am not sure if he appreciated at the start just how many people admired his art. The project went superbly and he delivered a wonderful product. I for one will certainly support another book project.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:13 am 

I know there are quite a few online RPG tabletop apps out there now. This one seems to be doing quite well:

d20Pro Unlimited Virtual Tabletop by Mesa Mundi Inc. — Kickstarter

Is it worth backing? How does it compare to others on the market?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:45 pm 

wjaehnig wrote in Kickstarter projects:
HermitFromPluto wrote in Kickstarter projects:I don't know if many of you backed this, but I just got the book and it is most excellent:

Larry Elmore: The Complete Elmore Artbook (Hardback) by Larry Elmore — Kickstarter

I agree this is a fantastic book. I spoke with Mr. Elmore at Gen Con and he said that the tentative plan is to do a 2nd volume that will collect his B&W prints and sketches. He said a Kickstarter for it would probably happen sometime next year, and they were looking at also doing a double book sleeve that would hold both volumes 1 & 2 together.

On the topic of buying post-Kickstarter, I had missed the KS myself and was pretty disappointed until I found them on this website (they are a bit hidden). They did print a bunch extra. He had some at Gen Con but sold all he brought with him.

Interesting. I purchased an overage copy and have not heard or seen of it since making payment. Hopefully Mr. Elmore will make good on my purchase from on November 6, 2013. Emails sent and credit card company even tried calling but to no avail.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:55 am 

I'd quite like a copy but $40 shipping to UK 8O

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:46 pm 

Sardan wrote in Kickstarter projects:I'd quite like a copy but $40 shipping to UK 8O

Sending via first class postage is going to cost that amount.  The full color book plus the black & white art book is approximately five pounds (2.276 kg).  Priority mail international will run you about $60 regardless of the weight.  It sucks but what other option is there?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:11 pm 

stahlnee wrote in Kickstarter projects:
wjaehnig wrote in Kickstarter projects:

Interesting. I purchased an overage copy and have not heard or seen of it since making payment. Hopefully Mr. Elmore will make good on my purchase from on November 6, 2013. Emails sent and credit card company even tried calling but to no avail.

Wow! Don't know what to tell you, mine arrived in 1 week.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:22 pm 

stahlnee wrote in Kickstarter projects:
wjaehnig wrote in Kickstarter projects:Interesting. I purchased an overage copy and have not heard or seen of it since making payment. Hopefully Mr. Elmore will make good on my purchase from on November 6, 2013. Emails sent and credit card company even tried calling but to no avail.

I know Larry has been swamped ever since that kickstarter, but I'm sure it'll get taken care of. He's a really really nice guy and he wouldn't just dismiss you/the purchase. I would definitely try sending another round of messages through his facebook and his website. Sometimes it's hard to reach him if he's on the road.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:56 pm 

Sent an email again with the invoice details, etc. to both email addresses I have. The email provided by paypal is not working. When the cc company called the call was answered and then the cc company was hung up on.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 32 of 59123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 575859