Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 28 of 59123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 575859
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:24 pm 

'Role playing, not rule-playing'.  Well done, Thom!

Received today and I'm very pleased.  The first print was a super bonus thank you!  

Will there be scenerios to follow?

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:27 am 

Thunderdave wrote in Kickstarter projects:'Role playing, not rule-playing'.  Well done, Thom!

Received today and I'm very pleased.  The first print was a super bonus thank you!  

Will there be scenerios to follow?

Dave,

Thank you! (and you're welcome)

I've been asked by several people if I plan to print any of the current adventures on my site - the super-ambiguous answer is, "maybe".  I've tried a print of "Crypt of Mandazed" on Lulu, and the cover is reversed (I hope to fix it by end of day tomorrow).  I've contemplated printing all of my current adventures in one book, much like I did all the guidelines in the All-in-One Guide.  I have 3 adventures nearly finished: "In Defense of Thuil", "The Evil Within", and "Walking Dead in to Umfall" - I'd like to get those done before considering anything else.

Staged and ready to be written is my twelve plus level B/X adventure that I'm hoping to launch this year as a KS.  It will be digest sized and likely come in a plain white box.  I have 4 artists lined up for work, just need to finish the aforementioned adventures for TSRS first.  Note that this boxed set will be for B/X and not my system - to commemorate the 40th anniversary as well as finally print an adventure for B/X, something I've always wanted to do.  I'll likely adapt the adventure to my system in 2015.

You can always check my website for details on new downloads, which are still free of charge.  [ throwigames.com ]

Thanks!

Thom (throwi)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:53 pm 

Just a big shout out to Throwi and Zach!!!

Got your stuff and both kickstarters were better executed and delivered than many in the past.  I am rightfully impressed and you guys have helped to renew my faith in the kickstarters  :)

(now only is the Met Alpha kickstarter would produce :(  )

Thanks guys  :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:11 am 

Delta Green: Tales from Failed Anatomies fiction from Arc Dream Publishing.

If you're not really into fiction, the $30 pledge gets you to playtest the new Delta Green RPG.

Delta Green: Tales from Failed Anatomies by Arc Dream Publishing — Kickstarter

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:53 am 

Blackmoor wrote in Kickstarter projects:Just a big shout out to Throwi and Zach!!!

Got your stuff and both kickstarters were better executed and delivered than many in the past.  I am rightfully impressed and you guys have helped to renew my faith in the kickstarters  :)

Blackmoor,

My pleasure, and thanks for backing the All-in-One Guide.

I hope more people follow our methodology:  write, illustrate, and edit the work before going live with the project!  For example, here's a project from Sine Nomine just down the road from me in New Haven CT (okay, not literally down the road, but CT is pretty small):  Scarlet Heroes RPG by Kevin Crawford — Kickstarter - he's launching the project with the work already completed.

Thanks again!

Thom (throwi)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:10 am 

The new Shadows of Esteren kickstarter for the Tuath book which features a look at the Temple faction in the game, and has an adventure in the vein of In the name of the rose. And it has a limited edition  :P

Shadows of Esteren - A Medieval Horror RPG: Tuath by Jim Searcy — Kickstarter

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:47 am 

xRalphx wrote in Kickstarter projects:The new Shadows of Esteren kickstarter for the Tuath book which features a look at the Temple faction in the game, and has an adventure in the vein of In the name of the rose. And it has a limited edition  :P

Shadows of Esteren - A Medieval Horror RPG: Tuath by Jim Searcy — Kickstarter

I've backed all of their Kickstarters so far, and have been really happy with both the quality and delivery time.  There are also options to get books from the earlier Kickstarters as well.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:26 am 

Blackmoor wrote in Kickstarter projects:Just a big shout out to Throwi and Zach!!!

Thank you!

I got Throwi's a couple of days ago and feel honored to be named as a peer of his in your post. My only complaint about Throwi's is its sealed and I hand to open it. Now I need to get another.

:)

Zach

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:36 pm 

Hi All,

It's been a long time since I didn't post any update for Grimtooth 3.0, the new French opus of Grimtooth Traps and I'm glad to announce that all the texts are done.
There is only few illustrations to finish (from Earl Geier, and Emmanuel Roudier).
I hope that the books will be released in march.
It is still available for sale on narrativiste editions store.

For those are interested, here is an illustration for one of the numerous unpublished traps. This one will be published in Casus Belli magazine (issue #9).

Emmanuel Roudier

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:20 am 

Nogrod wrote in Kickstarter projects:

Thank you!

I got Throwi's a couple of days ago and feel honored to be named as a peer of his in your post. My only complaint about Throwi's is its sealed and I hand to open it. Now I need to get another.

:)

Zach

I appreciate the kind comments Zach - it's great to be mentioned in the same company as Lesser Gnome!  

~throwi

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:41 pm 

The folks at Goodman Games has a kickstarter for swag - with the hopes of funding a retrofitted van for the 70s.

For fan boys / gals only: Dungeon Crawl Classics World Tour 2014 by Goodman Games — Kickstarter

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:11 pm 

Matt from Center Stage Miniatures is running his second KickStarter for more awesome 28mm minis based on the creatures in Frog God Game's definitive (Old School Reference) The Tome of Horrors Complete.

Tome of Horrors Complete II - More Monsters from the ToHC!

Only 5 days left to pledge!

Enjoy. :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:53 pm 

Uh oh, how do I deal with this...  :) :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:34 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Kickstarter projects:Uh oh, how do I deal with this...  :) :)

I have exactly the same problem! I didn't open it...

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:53 am 

Errr ... ehmmm... excuse me whats that? No clue about that illo...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:36 am 

Plastic bag containing Whisper & Venom module :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:52 am 

For those JG fans, a preview of CSIO KS:

City State of the Invincible Overlord by Judges Guild — Kickstarter

A high goal?  Anyone think that they'll hit that?

~throwi

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:25 am 

throwi wrote in Kickstarter projects:For those JG fans, a preview of CSIO KS:

City State of the Invincible Overlord by Judges Guild — Kickstarter

A high goal?  Anyone think that they'll hit that?

~throwi

Not sure if they would get there or not, but there are a lot of us that would be supporting it. They would definitely get some funds from me but how much, it depends on how the final break downs are configured.

I think I would mainly be supporting it to help support the company to be honest though. I have the original, I have the Mayfair remake, I have the Necromancer Games remake, so why not another "re-imagining" from the original company?

I would think that this will be in similar quality to the Necromancer book. A broader question would be, should JG be going down the physical product quality route, or get back to their beginnings and get out decent quality but "cheap" physical products?

The original set was sold for $9.00 if I remember correctly. Necromancers copy was $35 I think. The cheapest this time around (for physical copy) is either $75 or $100. Would they sell more if they put out a lesser "quality" physical product but at a cheaper price point? Not sure either way...just throwing it out into the aether ;-)

*edited for bottom posting

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 28 of 59123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 575859