Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 59123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 575859
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:37 pm 

bbarsh wrote in Kickstarter projects:There is also a little problem with using Vampire Queen. I am having a real hard time thinking this is not a complete rip-off attempt.

Sure it also has "Vampire Queen" in the name, but it doesn't seem at all like PotVQ, especially given the premise about escaping from the dungeon lair. And the whole Vampire Master thing. (Disclaimer: I've never read PotVQ, but I have read a review / description or two, so I might be totally wrong there.)

All that said, some of the cover & descriptive text appears to be directly lifted from my modules. If that's actually the case, I could hardly fault him for the legal disclaimer; that's probably just standard legal boilerplate that any lawyer would give anyway. But these blurbs on the kickstarter page...

"THE HANGING COFFINS OF THE VAMPIRE QUEEN includes complete descriptions and maps for several adventure sites and is easily adaptable to most campaign settings.
It is the first in a new series of modules designed for independent or interconnected use."

...are lifted directly from the back of my F1 module:

"THE FANE OF POISONED PROPHECIES includes complete descriptions and maps for several adventure sites and is easily adaptable to most campaign settings. It is the first in a new series of modules designed for independent or interconnected use."

So it will be ... interesting ... to see what's actually inside this thing if it survives the kickstarter.

Guy Fullerton
Chaotic Henchmen Productions
http://www.chaotichenchmen.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:50 pm 

Well, Guy, you can just say he stole from the best..... :wink:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:51 pm 

That strikes me as pretty dodgy.  Pass.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:05 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Kickstarter projects:That strikes me as pretty dodgy.  Pass.

Think I will get 10....you never know  :wink:

LOL

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:24 pm 

Cubicle 7 launched its London boxed set kickstarted for Call of Cthulhu.

kickstarter.com/projects/461807648/cthu ... u-rpg-boxe

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:51 pm 

xRalphx wrote in Kickstarter projects:Cubicle 7 launched its London boxed set kickstarted for Call of Cthulhu.

kickstarter.com/projects/461807648/cthu ... u-rpg-boxe

Thanks for the heads up. I grabbed a slot at the pearly king in yellow level.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:48 am 

KilgoreX wrote in Kickstarter projects:Thanks for the heads up. I grabbed a slot at the pearly king in yellow level.

Yep.  Which promptly sold out.

EDIT: But then they added more at a slightly higher price.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Last edited by TheHistorian on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:41 am 

Difference seems to be postcard between the two 110 pound levels?

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:50 am 

beasterbrook wrote in Kickstarter projects:Difference seems to be postcard between the two 110 pound levels?

The first £110 level includes print copies of the 4 existing Cthulhu Britannica titles in lieu of the postcards. I'm banking on some stunning postcards.  :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:41 am 

Last day for Bill Webb's Sword of Air:

The Lost Lands: Sword of Air Pathfinder & Swords & Wizardry by Frog God Games — Kickstarter

I'm in :)

There's one 'nuclear-edition' coming to Canada, one of us?  (If so, pictures please!)

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:48 pm 

The Throwigames Simple Roleplaying System All-in-One Guide Kickstarter is in preview mode but I wanted to share it with the Acaeum members before it goes live later this week.

Some of you have purchased the 1st printing of the Core Guidelines (at GenCon, eBay, and through this site).    I've talked about this KS for awhile but have finally finished the work - the rpg work has been done for months, it's the video and project set up that has taken this long to complete!  The All-in-One Guide is 96 pages and is comprised of all my work to this point (sans adventures; those will be available on Lulu soon).  

UPDATE:  Here is the KS link:  Throwigames Simple Roleplaying System - All in One Guide by Thom Wilson — Kickstarter    (LIVE)

You can leave feedback if you wish - although the project is pretty well baked and submitted at this point.

For international Acaeum members:  if you are interested in the All-in-One Guide, we can work out shipping on the side [the project is for US backers only].

Thanks,

Thom Wilson (throwi)

Last edited by throwi on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:29 pm 

Update:  TSRS All-in-One Guide going live this afternoon...

Kickstarter has approved the project.  I'll update this message when I determine the actual launch time... but I'm thinking it might be noon tomorrow (est).  

~throwi

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:45 am 

Congrats on the launch Thom!  I'm in for a pair of books, thank you for the no-exception exception for international Acaeum members!

I appreciate the no-nonsense approach - no dice, t-shirts, and fluff - but wonder if there might be a scenerio that complements the rules that you might make available?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:22 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Kickstarter projects:Congrats on the launch Thom!  I'm in for a pair of books, thank you for the no-exception exception for international Acaeum members!

I appreciate the no-nonsense approach - no dice, t-shirts, and fluff - but wonder if there might be a scenerio that complements the rules that you might make available?

Ah, but of course!  I have 4 adventures fully written and published at my website, available in PDF.  By EOY, they will all be available in print at Lulu.  I also have 4 other adventures in the works - these are great time fillers while I await the outcome of the Kickstarter!

We are moments away from the KS launch...   UPDATE (2:20pm et)  The project is now live!

Update (4:00pm et):  I added 5 International Collector levels for those looking to back the project - KS wouldn't let folks outside the US back it so I added a few just to cover the bases.  Let me know if you're interested in other rewards too.

~throwi

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:27 pm 

dam you hvae to be fast;)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:25 am 

beasterbrook wrote in Kickstarter projects:dam you hvae to be fast;)

Yeah, there was a quick little burst there.

Thanks for backing!

UPDATE (11/20 10:35am et):  Nearly to the halfway point in less than 24 hours, thanks everyone!

~throwi

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:22 pm 

Just backed at international level, thanks! Chris

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:55 pm 

chrisdeputron wrote in Kickstarter projects:Just backed at international level, thanks! Chris

Thanks Chris, I appreciate it!  hopefully we can get it to the funding goal!

~throwi

UPDATE (11/22 4:55pm et):  Just about at the 3/4 mark in funding, almost there!  If you haven't seen it yet, please take a look!

Throwigames Simple Roleplaying System - All in One Guide by Thom Wilson — Kickstarter

Thanks everyone!

Thom (throwi)

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 59123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 575859