Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 23 of 60123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 585960
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:03 am 

10 days left to go in Jeff Dee's second round of re-creating AD&D module cover art:

Re-Creating AD&D Module Cover Paintings Part 2 by Jeff Dee — Kickstarter

I picked up the set of four 8.5x11 prints (signed by Jeff) from his last KS, and I really like them. Something to think about if you are a fan of JD.

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:04 pm 

I got the four prints from his previous Kickstarter too and they are great. Just backed this one as well.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:40 pm 

Reaper Minis Part II in about two days.

Reaper Miniatures :: News

This was a good deal financially for me, but they shipped about four months after their stated ship date.  As long as you realize that many kickstarters ship about six months late on average, you should understand what you are getting yourself into and buy in accordingly.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:26 am 

benjoshua wrote in Kickstarter projects:Reaper Minis Part II in about two days.

Reaper Miniatures Bones II: The Return Of Mr Bones! by Reaper Miniatures — Kickstarter

And this is off to a roaring start!   8O

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:37 am 

benjoshua wrote in Kickstarter projects:

Reaper Miniatures Bones II: The Return Of Mr Bones! by Reaper Miniatures — Kickstarter

And I just found out why.  They are limiting participation to 6500 people and about half the available buy-ins are gone!   8O

EDIT:  MY bad.  They are adding additional buy-ins as there is demand, but each successive buy-in will have a later ship date.  I guess I like that.  Last time, they shipped according to the size of your order.  The more you bought, the later it shipped more or less, which makes sense from a make as many people as fast as you can sort of thinking, but poor sense when you consider you just shafted your best customers.   :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:53 pm 

And I just found out why.  They are limiting participation to 6500 people and about half the available buy-ins are gone!   8O

EDIT:  MY bad.  They are adding additional buy-ins as there is demand, but each successive buy-in will have a later ship date.  I guess I like that.  Last time, they shipped according to the size of your order.  The more you bought, the later it shipped more or less, which makes sense from a make as many people as fast as you can sort of thinking, but poor sense when you consider you just shafted your best customers.   :?

I have the Bones KS page up on my laptop in the background today just to watch the $$$$ counter. It is truly something to behold.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:09 pm 

bbarsh wrote in Kickstarter projects:I have the Bones KS page up on my laptop in the background today just to watch the $$$$ counter. It is truly something to behold.

The Bones II Kickstarter has a little less than a week left.  It has raised over two million and should raise another million before it's over.  Currently, the core set costs $100.00 and you get 153 figures (plus some bases), some are smaller and some are larger, like the Gorgon and Chimera.  I predict the core set will feature nearly 200 minis by weeks end.  At roughly 50 cents a mini(if there are ~200 as I predict), you are looking at a great price.  Even now it's a deal.  There are some sci-fi type minis, but most are fantasy-related.

This Kickstarter is good for miniature enthusiasts, those who have thought about getting into minis, but didn't like the expense, or even investors.  I participated in the first Bones KS, and found the minis to be worthwhile.  They don't require priming, they don't break when dropped and they weigh less than metal minis.  As an average painter, they look just as good as metal when painted.

Even if you don't like minis, consider buying in just to resell.  Most core sets from Bones I sold for double their purchase price or more.  I predict similar returns on this set.  The bad news is that Reaper takes your money at the end of the Kickstarter and you don't get your minis until September at the earliest.  Yes, I know the last KS shipped three to six months late, BUT they also promised delivery within six months of the end of the Kickstarter, a mistake they have likely rectified given their significantly later ship date.

Here's a non-Reaper Bones II web-site I like because it makes it easier to see what's actually in the KS and what some of the minis look like when painted professionally.

Bones II List

8)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:30 pm 

Got my Dwarven Forge Kickstarter game tiles yesterday.  In a very heavy box, but quite a bit smaller than I had feared.  Though I'm sure I will never be able to repack them as well as they are now.

October was the estimated delivery, and they hit it.  Very nice to see a successful and well-managed KS.   :D

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:53 am 

I am itching to get my Dwarven Forge Kickstarter delivery. Between those, Bones I, Bones II and the Otherworld Adventures IndieGoGo campaign I will painting well into the 2030's. The Otherworld Adventures campaign has been a big disappointment however. People started receiving the first wave over 8 months ago. Stores and online retailers are stocking the first wave. I haven't received a single figure or any decent communication about the status of my shipment...so maybe I'll finish all my painting before 2025 afterall...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:48 pm 

It has been awhile since I posted about my Kickstarter here. But here is the status photos of the prototypes. I figured some of you may be interested.

Zach

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:31 pm 

Bracton wrote in Kickstarter projects:Got my Dwarven Forge Kickstarter game tiles yesterday.  In a very heavy box, but quite a bit smaller than I had feared.  Though I'm sure I will never be able to repack them as well as they are now.

October was the estimated delivery, and they hit it.  Very nice to see a successful and well-managed KS.   :D

I agree, I got mine on Saturday as well.  To date, the ONLY on time KS I backed with awesome product.  Glad I got in this one!  Also Zach, can't wait to get Whisper and Venom!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:41 pm 

mrmanowar wrote in Kickstarter projects:
I agree, I got mine on Saturday as well.  To date, the ONLY on time KS I backed with awesome product.  Glad I got in this one!  Also Zach, can't wait to get Whisper and Venom!

I can't wait for you to get it either  :)  I got a huge amount of components in the mail via UPS and FedEx today. Everything still looks to be shipping at the end of November if you picked the old-school option. Some of you will get part of it earlier (Those of you that picked up the huge map as part of your reward and an add-on).

Thanks for the shout-out though, means a great deal.

Zach

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:55 am 

LOL, Zach - "I figured some of you may be interested." Now that's an understatement! I'm eagerly awaiting my Whisper & Venom goodies, along with my big box of evilness from the CSM Demons & Devils KS.

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:28 am 

Last day for Bones II

I just got in at Wave 5 :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:02 am 

I like this one.

Adventures in the East Mark - The Red Box by Extra-Dimensional Publishing — Kickstarter

Good art, good maps, quality covers & paper...
Redbox clone with a twist, tasty setting.

F

Pay no attention to the update 1 photo of two old reprobates grabbing a smoke & coffee out in front of the hotel one early morning at GenCon...

My friends Dave & Gary made a quantum leap in the human soul. Remember them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:24 pm 

I know at least one of the people involved in this, doesn't seem too ambitious or over the top, and it would be cool to have a Deck of Many Things at the table....

Deck of Many Things by Lance Lindley — Kickstarter

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:53 am 

They both look interesting. I am burning quite a hole in my wallet with Kickstarter. I am up to 64 projects now and have hardly received anything. But I am still hooked. I love supporting the ingenuity of others. Man I would love to have the time to do a project myself (still looking to get the Wiki back up though).

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:28 pm 

Okay, I took the bait...

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 23 of 60123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 585960