Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 22 of 60123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 585960
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:57 am 

stormwell,

Thanks for the input.  Did you try both approaches, resulting in different results?

Thanks,

Thom

PS>  What's your Kickstarter project?  I'd like to go check it out.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:43 am 

I'd almost for sure be on board Throwi, I'm a sucker for fantasy rpg and I'd sure try to support any Acaeum member's project, Kickstarter or pre-order or conventional sale.

Have you posted details about your project?  Or better yet, any samples/art/links to share?

As far as Kickstarter goes, my two cents would be:  the farther along you are/closer to production, the greater my interest in backing, and backing for more $$... also I cringe a little when the project expands into alternate media, too many variables that could complicate things, as famously stated on the Simpsons, what could possiblie go wrong.

(I'll note my Shadows of Esteren project just hit a target that adds music to the rewards, the next goal is an art-book!  Not my thing at all, didn't ask for it, don't want it, but I appreciate that others might, so I'll sit tight and see how things go...)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:34 pm 

Well, Thunderdave has opened the door a bit more, so here goes:

My game system is completely free at my website, so why a Kickstarter?  For print copies, of course!   [Dave et al, you can see a vast majority of the work on my downloads page, including art]

The Kickstarter project rough draft can be found at throwigames.com/2013ks.html (an unlinked page at the site).

It's pretty bare-bones...

Thoughts/recommendations?

~throwi

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:32 pm 

Still nearly one month to pledge on our Grimtooth 3.0 project and the project is already funded at 180%.

Now a comparative news to highlight the work done from original 80's Grimtooth's Traps (on the left) to Grimtooth 3.0 (on the right).

Click on picture for a better view.

To read the whole news: 1984 / 2013: Avant/après ! - Grimtooth 3.0: l'encyclopédie des pièges machiavéliques - Ulule

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:47 pm 

Egg of Coot wrote:Several GenCon attendees have informed me that Reaper has announced that a second Bones Kickstarter planned for this fall.  For good or for bad, the madness will be happening again.

The Egg

Oh my.  I participated in the first one and was quite pleased I did.  It'll be interesting to see if the second go round receives the same attention (funding), less, or more.   :?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:45 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Kickstarter projects:
Egg of Coot wrote:Several GenCon attendees have informed me that Reaper has announced that a second Bones Kickstarter planned for this fall.  For good or for bad, the madness will be happening again.

The Egg

Oh my.  I participated in the first one and was quite pleased I did.  It'll be interesting to see if the second go round receives the same attention (funding), less, or more.   :?

Why do I need more minis?  I have over 275 from the first Bones KS.  Doubtful they will get as many backers the next time - market is saturated.  imho of course.

~throwi

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:48 am 

Couldn't resist backing this tiny little project:

FANTASY VENDOR by Byron Lagrone — Kickstarter

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:48 am 

For our lady and cross-dressing members:

If you scroll down they have Role-Playing dice press-on fingernail designs!

Espionage Cosmetics "NAILED IT!" by Espionage Cosmetics — Kickstarter

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:44 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote in Kickstarter projects:For our lady and cross-dressing members:

Do you not have anything to do? :lol:

Martin

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:28 am 

A new level (7500€) has been revealed for Grimtooth 3.0: hardcover for all pledgers!
The complete news here:
Le palier ultime: une couverture rigide pour tous! - Grimtooth 3.0: l'encyclopédie des pièges machiavéliques - Ulule

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:58 am 

Prufrock wrote in Kickstarter projects:
HermitFromPluto wrote in Kickstarter projects:For our lady and cross-dressing members:

Martin

I am a bit puzzled myself as to how I came to be looking at that one!  :scratch:  It is rather funny in hindsight. I am actually quite busy, but have taken to browsing through the new Kickstarter releases every lunchtime

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:39 pm 

Only 9 days left so we decided to present illustrators on French Grimtooth Traps project. Here is some examples. For a complete review: A propos des illustrateurs de Grimtooth 3.0 - Grimtooth 3.0: l'encyclopédie des pièges machiavéliques - Ulule

Didier Guiserix art

Emmanuel Roudier art (fpr a new trap)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:05 pm 

lokiwookie wrote in Kickstarter projects:A new level (7500€) has been revealed for Grimtooth 3.0: hardcover for all pledgers!
The complete news here:
Le palier ultime: une couverture rigide pour tous! - Grimtooth 3.0: l'encyclopédie des pièges machiavéliques - Ulule

Backed. Wish you the best (and I need the french practice)  :D

Hector.

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:25 pm 

Thank you Hector! I do hope Les Pièges de Grimtooth will help you to improve your French :)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:14 am 

Not really pen and paper, but a neat little Cthulhu app. I travel so much my Ipad is becoming my best friend, but I find I bore quickly of most App games. This looks good but is struggling a little. Has a Cthulhu miniature at higher backer levels:

The Moaning Words - An investigation into the Cthulhu Mythos by Byook — Kickstarter

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:02 pm 

Prufrock wrote in Kickstarter projects:

Martin

Fingernail art is IMPORTANT in role play.  I definitely want the blood-spattered version for the next NTRPG Con.  Classy find, Hermit!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:49 am 

I haven't seen this mentioned and the kickstarter is already over but it looks like a limited number of these special edition, signed books will be sold.

adventureaweek.com/shop/rise-of-the-dro ... -hardback/

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:55 am 

lokiwookie wrote in Kickstarter projects:Thank you Hector! I do hope Les Pièges de Grimtooth will help you to improve your French :)

I just pledged for this yesterday and am excited for it.  I can read French just fine (though forget about speaking or writing it) and love to keep the skill up with game books.  I should probably get more French native games in fact.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 22 of 60123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 585960