Kickstarter projects
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:41 pm 

xRalphx wrote:Shadows of Esteren : a medieval horror RPG

From what they're showing, this looks to become a beautiful book.

kickstarter.com/projects/1176616619/sha ... of-esteren

I did back this project, and got to meet the artist, author and translator at Gen Con.  At my level, I received two copies of the main book (one regular, and one a signed and numbered limited edition), a map, character sheets, art prints, a DM screen, a music CD and a shirt.  I was able to pick it all up at the convention.  Having flipped through it, I'm really pleased with the quality of the product.  The artist also agreed to include some unique artwork in a certain number of limited editions per day.  I got to their booth early on Thursday to make sure I was covered.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:47 pm 

Center_Stage wrote:The Reaper Bones Kickstarter is probably one of the best values I have ever seen in the industry. I have no idea how they're doing it at the prices they are - either it's going further the gap, ensuring Reaper remains the top minis company in the industry, or it's going to put them out of business.

Given their history, I would go with the former. Good stuff there - I'd encourage anyone who loves minis to jump on it at the Vampire level.

You can't lose at that price with the rewards you're getting.

And now the deal is even more ridiculously good.  Right now, you can get 205 minis for $100.00 in the US and Canada.  And an important tidbit you can learn from the FAQ video is that you can drop the "Sophie" mini, which is of a hot girl riding a motorcycle (something you won't usually find in any of my fantasy games), and use that $25.00 money for one or some of the add on minis which are incredibly interesting, like the dragons, hydra, or demon minis.  Or, you could use the $25.00 to get the case.  Think about it, 204 minis, a case, and shipping for $100.00.  Ridiculous!  8O

Many of you may not be interested in minis due to space or money, but this Kickstarter vampire level deal will give you most of the minis you'd need for many of your games.  I find minis very useful for seeing where characters are standing and determining what they can or can't do.  And while some of you are skeptical that these minis are truly worthwhile because they are plastic, you should read some of the reviews by people who have bought them.  Even though my personal collection is metal, I can tell you that metal is heavy and does not handle dropping well at all.  And these minis don't even require priming, which is another plus if you decide to paint them.

This Kickstarter ends this Saturday at 6:00 PM.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:15 pm 

benjoshua wrote:
Center_Stage wrote:The Reaper Bones Kickstarter is probably one of the best values I have ever seen in the industry. I have no idea how they're doing it at the prices they are - either it's going further the gap, ensuring Reaper remains the top minis company in the industry, or it's going to put them out of business.

Given their history, I would go with the former. Good stuff there - I'd encourage anyone who loves minis to jump on it at the Vampire level.

You can't lose at that price with the rewards you're getting.

And now the deal is even more ridiculously good.  Right now, you can get 205 minis for $100.00 in the US and Canada.  And an important tidbit you can learn from the FAQ video is that you can drop the "Sophie" mini, which is of a hot girl riding a motorcycle (something you won't usually find in any of my fantasy games), and use that $25.00 money for one or some of the add on minis which are incredibly interesting, like the dragons, hydra, or demon minis.  Or, you could use the $25.00 to get the case.  Think about it, 204 minis, a case, and shipping for $100.00.  Ridiculous!  8O

Many of you may not be interested in minis due to space or money, but this Kickstarter vampire level deal will give you most of the minis you'd need for many of your games.  I find minis very useful for seeing where characters are standing and determining what they can or can't do.  And while some of you are skeptical that these minis are truly worthwhile because they are plastic, you should read some of the reviews by people who have bought them.  Even though my personal collection is metal, I can tell you that metal is heavy and does not handle dropping well at all.  And these minis don't even require priming, which is another plus if you decide to paint them.

This Kickstarter ends this Saturday at 6:00 PM.   8)

Anyone with the slightest interest in mini's needs to jump on the $100 offer. My guess is that they are covering the cost of the molds and almost giving away the actual mini's.

This is a 'Castle Zagyg Upper Works' boxed set size of a deal. Over at Tenkar's Tavern blog they are estimating the retail cost of the $100 pledge level to be around $900 worth of minis. They've already added a few more bonus minis since then. They are also offering some extra minis that can be bought if you are at the $100 pledge level. These are fantastic buys as well, but the $100 pledge is unbelievable.

If you like minis go pledge $100 now before it is to late.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:32 pm 

I foresee issues with this project. Just my 2 cents.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:47 pm 

Badmike wrote:I foresee issues with this project. Just my 2 cents.

Mike B.

Then you can drive over to Denton and kick their ass for us, Mike.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:05 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:

Mike B.

I wanted to add that I don't think these companies wont fulfill their goals. But I do think time goals in many of these will not be reached, and some may take years. Particularly when a smaller company or individual is given a gigantic order, the logistics are daunting, we are already seeing that as many much smaller kickstarter projects are still struggling to get product out from earlier presentations.

Plus I still think we will see one of these huge ones go belly up. It hasn't happened yet, but the mega-financed kickstarter is still a new thing.  I have more faith in already established companies in this regard.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:50 pm 

There has to be a percentage of this that is only personal time commitment for the individual or groups involved with the kickstarter.
I would have thought some of these groups would have put more pre-emptive work and setup into their project.
Not just wait until they have the funds, then start from near scratch...

Badmike wrote:
JasonZavoda wrote:

I wanted to add that I don't think these companies wont fulfill their goals. But I do think time goals in many of these will not be reached, and some may take years. Particularly when a smaller company or individual is given a gigantic order, the logistics are daunting, we are already seeing that as many much smaller kickstarter projects are still struggling to get product out from earlier presentations.

Plus I still think we will see one of these huge ones go belly up. It hasn't happened yet, but the mega-financed kickstarter is still a new thing.  I have more faith in already established companies in this regard.

Mike B.

~Scathaigh~
~Lord Nobody~

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:27 pm 

In case anyone missed Chaosium's kickstarter for a reprint of the Horror on the Orient Express campaign :

kickstarter.com/projects/448333182/horr ... o?ref=live

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:35 am 

Mike B.

I imagine that getting everyone's order correct will be the biggest challenge for Reaper...or whoever does their shipping for them.

The money does not seem like a problem.  

The Vampire Level $100 pledge has become insanely good with the addition of two storm giant figures to the basic order.

Everything ends at 3:00 PST on Saturday, August 25.  If you like miniatures, or want to make a start at miniatures, this is the deal you want.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:40 am 

Badmike wrote:

Mike B.

Brave Halfling isn't one of the huge projects...but I'd rate their recently completed Kickstarter at a 75% chance of them coming through with the publications.  

It's basically one guy and their big boxed set presale offer is still in the writing/editing phase...much less coming through with the Kickstarter.  We'll see.

Reaper is an established company with staff members and all that. Plus, they've been putting out miniatures through a distribution network and running a website ordering system for years.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:25 pm 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/151 ... 55f6b52369

This link is to the Reaper Kickstarter count.  Sitting here and hitting F5 about every minute can be mesmerizing.  The count is going up in real time at this point...if you get what I mean.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:29 pm 

FormCritic wrote:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/151 ... 55f6b52369

This link is to the Reaper Kickstarter count.  Sitting here and hitting F5 about every minute can be mesmerizing.  The count is going up in real time at this point...if you get what I mean.

What is fun is that they also keep hitting bonus levels, which mean more bonus miniatures. They just added 4 and now the next bonus will be another 4 of golems (for the $100 pledge). That looks about the best level pledge and people are doing multiples.

Frog God just got into the game with a free pdf of Swords&Wizardry as a Reaper bonus. A very smart move. This kickstarter is making history.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:35 pm 

The Reaper Bones Kickstarter is completely off the rails.  I finally realized that resistance is futile.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:18 pm 

I am in. I hope everybody here makes my funeral...my wife is going to kill me!

:lol: ... :cry:

Hector.

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:10 am 

Badmike wrote:Dear God:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/917 ... fi-fantasy

Sure, $55k in two weeks for this goofy game? No problem!  And the Project explanation reads like's it written by a mildly slow junior high kid. 8O

Mike B.

I see that only made $4552 of the $55,000 target......

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:12 am 

Well I haven't been that interested in this because the figures are bendy plastic but it has just occurred to me these miniatures might be perfect for my young children.  Hmmmmm I might be in at the Vampire level with a number of options.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:56 am 

Sardan wrote:Well I haven't been that interested in this because the figures are bendy plastic but it has just occurred to me these miniatures might be perfect for my young children.  Hmmmmm I might be in at the Vampire level with a number of options.

I've just bit the bullet at $100 due to the great extras in there, otherwise for their initial minis I may not have done.

Based my choice on the same as yours, great for my kids to get into, rather than my Citadel lead minis...

EDIT - after watching the FAQ video and the post earlier with regards swapping the box for Sophie, I'm doubly in with options now... Dammit...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:21 am 

I picked up the limited Sophies too... what fun :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

PreviousNext