Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 60123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 585960
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:56 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in Kickstarter projects:Just backed Zach's game.  :)

Yes you did :) Thank you very much... That is twice this year I have seen you guys and I am looking forward to the next time...

Zach

EDIT- Man looking over my backer list there are so many of you that I have a hard time keeping up... (in no particular order) Smarmy, KingofPain, Bracton, Gnatthebegger, LucyJoyce, Burntwires, Blackmoor, MrManowar, BBarsh, CenterStage, PruFrock, Kaskoid, LeadJunkie, Hector, Chrisdeputron, Ligmancer and I suspect three more that I cannot directly confirm as I do not know the connection between your name on KS and your forum handle (but I beg you to let me know its you so I can thank you out loud and profusely). I have a good guess though as these are some of the most generous pledges.

The Aceaum is my third highest referrer in pledge value and it might very well be the first since I know some of you used a different gateway into the project.

What a humbling experience...right this second we are $270 away from adding another mini and 1570 from adding the first big one. As a heads up I am adding another original art level, this time with Lloyd Metcalf doing a painting (acrylics I think) of either your character or something similar that fits in with the theme (You as a gnome? You never know...). Lloyd is awesomely talented and I make sure he is very well compensated as good talent should be appreciated. I post more details later today for any who may be interested.

As the project creator I am in full control so if there is some way I can make your backer experience better, all you have to do is ask.

Thank you all....again....

Zach

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:06 am 

And TollHouseGolem brings Whisper & Venom past its next stretch goal. Thanks again to all of you...next goal is $1475 away. Reaching that amount justifies spending the money to cast the 7 piece monstrosity of a mini, the venomous Attoral.

Then many more...

Zach

EDIT- I added another custom art level by request, it's limited to five but you get a custom acrylic painting on paneled wood of a character portrait (or whatever related to the project) along with a deluxe box and a bunch of gratitude...he (Lloyd Metcalf) can only do 5 by years end so it's limited to that and one is already sold. Just an FYI...until now I liked art, but I am really getting into fantasy art in a big way since Jeff Easley's Aceaum print and Jeff Dee's cover I commissioned for W & V.

Sigh...this is the most expensive forum I ever joined ...Z.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:42 pm 

12 days to go and just passed $13,000...in large thanks to the people here.

I added a level (and add-on choice) for a huge 40" x 32" poster map on 36 lb paper that will be shipped rolled up and tubed for $30.

The color is just awesome and it is all hand drawn (by my request and for additional money). Even Alyssa Faden, the Artist (Cartist?) thinks it is one of her very best.

Here are two color images that together make up maybe 10% of the total map.

Northern town of Cleft and the Northwall Range....

And the eponymous Whisper, with the town of Swindle nearby.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:36 pm 

Here is the now even closer to finished map...the image is low-res but I assure you the map is high quality

I am going to get a very limited number of canvas prints made of both the map and the original art by Jeff Dee- they will be signed and number by the respective artists and an option for world class art print paper as well...

please PM me if you are interested, I will announce it to everyone in my Kickstarter soon but of all my backers the ones who will want it will in all likelihood be from here anyway...

Zach

EDIT- about as long as it took to smoke a Cigarette I already got a reply on the uber prints...if you are a backer I encourage you to PM me. I mean it when I say on this top-end stuff it's an at cost thing, I want them to be enjoyed...Z

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:42 pm 

I'm offically suffering from Kickstarter fatigue.

I've been on Zach's Ks t least 4 times trying to decide, but it's not just a symptom of his project, I think.  It must be me.  I'm struggling more & more trying to understand pledge levels, add-ons, free add-ons, stretch add-ons, shipping costs included, additional shipping costs, etc.

I'd be way more agreeable to an understandable this is what you pay, this is what you get arrangement.  I can't believe it's any easier on a manager to try and project total pledges compared with added per-unit costs.  So many moving targets.  If this is how business is done nowadays, well, it's complicated.  

I'm backing Zach at $50 plus the module add-on... and that'll be it for me I think. Too much effort on my part trying to understand my KS 'purchases', I'd rather go back to buying stock or making (hopeful) pre-orders.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:47 pm 

(edit) ..so I went to do just that and got KS warnings saying my $50 plegde must be $67 because I'm outside the US... which is understandable because shipping costs money... but in other KS I paid that when product shipped... so I'm now a bit frustrated...

so I closed my browser window and will look at Zach's KS tomorrow when hopefully I have more energy for shopping.  I wish it wasn't so taxing.  But it's probably just me.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:05 am 

I just sent you a PM :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:07 am 

Certainly I missed something, but I don't understand if the $75 pledge level includes the Old School module ($25 add-on) or not.
(I am like David, KS project look like more and more complex... Too many text, everytime.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:36 pm 

lokiwookie wrote in Kickstarter projects:Certainly I missed something, but I don't understand if the $75 pledge level includes the Old School module ($25 add-on) or not.
(I am like David, KS project look like more and more complex... Too many text, everytime.

I am with you on that- though you wouldn't know it from my project...all things to all people on a project like this one is what is expected anymore.

I have an easy answer though...no, the module is a $25 add-on with a $75 pledge...

If miniatures are not your thing you can pledge the same $75 and get a boxed-set and a module.

I hope that clarifies it for you....

Zach

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:38 pm 

Yes, thank you! :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:38 pm 

lokiwookie wrote in Kickstarter projects:Yes, thank you! :)

My pleasure...if you like art by Jeff Dee or big maps send me a PM...I want to maximize a one time run of real deal art ... At cost...

Z

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:58 pm 

Nogrod wrote in Kickstarter projects:I have an easy answer though...no, the module is a $25 add-on with a $75 pledge...

If miniatures are not your thing you can pledge the same $75 and get a boxed-set and a module.

I hope that clarifies it for you....

Zach

OK... that clarifies a bit, but although I've now backed 4 projects including this one, I'm still struggling to see through the maze of options.  I've gone in at $75, but have gone for the deluxe version.  Is the deluxe just normal $50 box with  ??? extra minatures over and above 3?/4?/8? in the basic set?

If that's the case, I probably would rather just get the basic box and mod for my $75.

Can you clarify exactly what is currently in the $50 level and what extras are then added to make the $75 level?  If I want to change to the mod $75 level do I need to do more than just tell you here?

to be honest, I'm with other members here in finding this all a little overwhelming... I've withdrawn my support before when confusion/ridiculous complexity occurs on these projects and I'd rather not do that again.

If I could follow kickstarter I might ask you this over there, maybe you've answered this already, but straight answers here would be great!

Jon
Please help!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:20 am 

Please check your PM box in a few minutes...however I do wish to answer this publicly and transparently.

$75 gets you all the minis but the 3 Attorals  (should be three, I just hired the sculptor for the last one)

The mod is $25 extra and it will be lovingly finished by me and my editor to standards everyone here can expect.

I have to work under the constraints that Kickstarter has unwittingly laid out or other projects have codified (Thank you Reaper Minis :/ )

If you are a member here you have maximum levity in rewards and consideration...I am first and foremost a collector and this is the only place I digitally hang-out...everyone here need only breath a word and I will move heaven and earth to make you happy. Profit is not even on my radar, a quality product worthy everyone here is.

In fact that is the only thing on my radar.

This project really is a love letter to D&D and has rewarded me already with the chance to make it happen.

The worst vice is advice but here is some anyway ... :)

Only do a Kickstarter if you are a masochist :)

Zach

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:56 pm 

I just joined Zach's kickstarter. I pledged $100, so I can get the $25 module (numbered) to go with the normal $75 level pledge point.

Looks great Zach!

Shrink is not a condition

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:53 pm 

stratochamp wrote in Kickstarter projects:I just joined Zach's kickstarter. I pledged $100, so I can get the $25 module (numbered) to go with the normal $75 level pledge point.

I'm in as well :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:54 pm 

After a lonnnggg hesitation, since I am not really interested in minis, I backed $75 ($50 for the boxed set + $25 for the module) + shipping.
It was very hard to decide :)

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:06 pm 

I've launched a new Kickstarter project to fund a print run of my A5 OSR character sheets. They will be litho printed and come as board-backed pads of 25 sheets. It's a small project and has already almost met its initial funding goal. Just £2.00 gets you a pad of 25 A5 sheets including UK delivery, and there are substantial discounts for backers who pledge for multiple pads. This is my fourth Kickstarter project this year. My first three projects were all delivered on or ahead of schedule.

The project page can be found here: kickstarter.com/projects/1730454032/osr ... -sheet-pad

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:35 pm 

The new Shadows of Esteren kickstarter for book 2 : Travel is now online.

kickstarter.com/projects/1176616619/sha ... pg-travels

It got funded in about 2 hours.

If you haven't checked these books out, the artwork is stunning.

And the Esteren guys and girls are super friendly. and Cthulhu fans. You can't go wrong with Cthulhu fans  :P

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 60123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 585960