Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 60123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 585960
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:13 pm 

I am at the airport on my way to Texas but I wanted to make sure I sent this first...

You guys are awesome.

That is all.

Zach

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:42 pm 

Hah, just backed it and now you just passed your 2nd stretch goal Zach!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:51 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Kickstarter projects:
Nogrod wrote in Kickstarter projects:
If you have any questions please ask...

Zach

Hi Zach, congrats on the project, I love the look & feel of the set and can't wait to get on board.

Please help me understand though, which level should I select if I want paper copies of everything and an opportunity to buy an extra module or two.

Thanks & good luck!

Paper Copies (Box Set Basic) $50 level and you can add the modules for $25 apiece
If you do not want boxes or minis $35 for the booklet and $25 per module

To be totally honest the map by Alyssa Faden alone is worth the difference between the basic box and the book.

The minis become a really good value at the $75 level soon (there are a great deal of them already finished and I expect the funding level to justify casting all 18 of the 18 man/gnome-sized very soon).

But to answer your question limited to paper books and modules $50 level + $25 per module.

PM me anytime and I will try and explain anything  that is unclear. With you guys around here I promise maximum flexibility.

Zach

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:49 pm 

For the Cthulhu fans : Cthulhu Wars by Sandy Petersen — Kickstarter

Cthulhu wars, a new boardgame by Sandy Petersen. I got funded in about an hour and is blowing through stretch goals like crazy.

And those miniatures look amazing !

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:25 pm 

xRalphx wrote in Kickstarter projects:For the Cthulhu fans : Cthulhu Wars by Sandy Petersen — Kickstarter

Cthulhu wars, a new boardgame by Sandy Petersen. I got funded in about an hour and is blowing through stretch goals like crazy.

Cthulhu is as big as Australia

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:27 pm 

bbarsh wrote in Kickstarter projects:Whisper & Venom: RPG Adventure Boxed Set with 28mm Minis by Lesser Gnome — Kickstarter

Zach's a member here and this one looks like a great deal of fun.

Just backed at the $75 level and really looking forward to this!

Chris

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:08 pm 

xRalphx wrote in Kickstarter projects:For the Cthulhu fans : Cthulhu Wars by Sandy Petersen — Kickstarter

I played it at NTRPGCon (with assistance from Sandy and his son).  It's a fun game, and surprisingly complicated.  I've got a feeling it will take a long time to master.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:23 pm 

Just backed Zach's game.  :)

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:56 pm 

Back Zach's kickstarter Whisper and Venom, he did a lot of work at the con getting the word out about the product and it looks great!

Sandy's new game will be a huge hit.  Not surprised it is going to make a bundle, it looked impressive!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:37 pm 

Thanks everyone around here for their massive support :)

We have many days to go and the early support puts more into the final product. I do want to emphasize the already paid for part, as in the Kickstarter's non-manufacturing expenses are already paid for 18 minis and the other extras.

This is about making an awesome deluxe boxed adventure and not about making Nogrod rich. Even though you all know that the path to real money is in RPGs :)

Zach

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:51 pm 

Nogrod wrote in Kickstarter projects:Thanks everyone around here for their massive support :)

We have many days to go and the early support puts more into the final product. I do want to emphasize the already paid for part, as in the Kickstarter's non-manufacturing expenses are already paid for 18 minis and the other extras.

This is about making an awesome deluxe boxed adventure and not about making Nogrod rich. Even though you all know that the path to real money is in RPGs :)

Zach

I am in!!  Good luck Zach :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:54 pm 

Blackmoor wrote in Kickstarter projects:
I am in!!  Good luck Zach :)

I saw that :) Thank you Blackmoor it means the world to me and it was a real pleasure hanging with you in Texas.

Zach

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:56 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in Kickstarter projects:Just backed Zach's game.  :)

Yes you did :) Thank you very much... That is twice this year I have seen you guys and I am looking forward to the next time...

Zach

EDIT- Man looking over my backer list there are so many of you that I have a hard time keeping up... (in no particular order) Smarmy, KingofPain, Bracton, Gnatthebegger, LucyJoyce, Burntwires, Blackmoor, MrManowar, BBarsh, CenterStage, PruFrock, Kaskoid, LeadJunkie, Hector, Chrisdeputron, Ligmancer and I suspect three more that I cannot directly confirm as I do not know the connection between your name on KS and your forum handle (but I beg you to let me know its you so I can thank you out loud and profusely). I have a good guess though as these are some of the most generous pledges.

The Aceaum is my third highest referrer in pledge value and it might very well be the first since I know some of you used a different gateway into the project.

What a humbling experience...right this second we are $270 away from adding another mini and 1570 from adding the first big one. As a heads up I am adding another original art level, this time with Lloyd Metcalf doing a painting (acrylics I think) of either your character or something similar that fits in with the theme (You as a gnome? You never know...). Lloyd is awesomely talented and I make sure he is very well compensated as good talent should be appreciated. I post more details later today for any who may be interested.

As the project creator I am in full control so if there is some way I can make your backer experience better, all you have to do is ask.

Thank you all....again....

Zach

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:06 am 

And TollHouseGolem brings Whisper & Venom past its next stretch goal. Thanks again to all of you...next goal is $1475 away. Reaching that amount justifies spending the money to cast the 7 piece monstrosity of a mini, the venomous Attoral.

Then many more...

Zach

EDIT- I added another custom art level by request, it's limited to five but you get a custom acrylic painting on paneled wood of a character portrait (or whatever related to the project) along with a deluxe box and a bunch of gratitude...he (Lloyd Metcalf) can only do 5 by years end so it's limited to that and one is already sold. Just an FYI...until now I liked art, but I am really getting into fantasy art in a big way since Jeff Easley's Aceaum print and Jeff Dee's cover I commissioned for W & V.

Sigh...this is the most expensive forum I ever joined ...Z.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:42 pm 

12 days to go and just passed $13,000...in large thanks to the people here.

I added a level (and add-on choice) for a huge 40" x 32" poster map on 36 lb paper that will be shipped rolled up and tubed for $30.

The color is just awesome and it is all hand drawn (by my request and for additional money). Even Alyssa Faden, the Artist (Cartist?) thinks it is one of her very best.

Here are two color images that together make up maybe 10% of the total map.

Northern town of Cleft and the Northwall Range....

And the eponymous Whisper, with the town of Swindle nearby.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:36 pm 

Here is the now even closer to finished map...the image is low-res but I assure you the map is high quality

I am going to get a very limited number of canvas prints made of both the map and the original art by Jeff Dee- they will be signed and number by the respective artists and an option for world class art print paper as well...

please PM me if you are interested, I will announce it to everyone in my Kickstarter soon but of all my backers the ones who will want it will in all likelihood be from here anyway...

Zach

EDIT- about as long as it took to smoke a Cigarette I already got a reply on the uber prints...if you are a backer I encourage you to PM me. I mean it when I say on this top-end stuff it's an at cost thing, I want them to be enjoyed...Z

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:42 pm 

I'm offically suffering from Kickstarter fatigue.

I've been on Zach's Ks t least 4 times trying to decide, but it's not just a symptom of his project, I think.  It must be me.  I'm struggling more & more trying to understand pledge levels, add-ons, free add-ons, stretch add-ons, shipping costs included, additional shipping costs, etc.

I'd be way more agreeable to an understandable this is what you pay, this is what you get arrangement.  I can't believe it's any easier on a manager to try and project total pledges compared with added per-unit costs.  So many moving targets.  If this is how business is done nowadays, well, it's complicated.  

I'm backing Zach at $50 plus the module add-on... and that'll be it for me I think. Too much effort on my part trying to understand my KS 'purchases', I'd rather go back to buying stock or making (hopeful) pre-orders.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:47 pm 

(edit) ..so I went to do just that and got KS warnings saying my $50 plegde must be $67 because I'm outside the US... which is understandable because shipping costs money... but in other KS I paid that when product shipped... so I'm now a bit frustrated...

so I closed my browser window and will look at Zach's KS tomorrow when hopefully I have more energy for shopping.  I wish it wasn't so taxing.  But it's probably just me.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 60123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 585960