Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 60123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 585960
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:47 pm 

bbarsh wrote in Kickstarter projects:Whisper & Venom: RPG Adventure Boxed Set with 28mm Minis by Lesser Gnome — Kickstarter

Zach is a member here and this one looks like a great deal of fun.

Thanks Bill for the heads up.

Looks like a great KickStarter, Zach!

I'm in. :)

By the way, which one of you scored the $275 reward?

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:26 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote in Kickstarter projects:This one just popped up on Kickstarter and I backed it immediately. Jeff Dee recreating some of his lost classics:

Re-Creating AD&D Module Cover Paintings Part 1 by Jeff Dee — Kickstarter

I just want to plug this one again. I'd love to get the prints and really hope it is funded.

Jee Dee is re-creating the following paintings:

T1 Village of Hommlet (Back Cover)
D3 Vault of the Drow (Back Cover)
X1 Isle of Dread (Front Cover)
S2 White Plume Mountain (Front Cover)

You can get one or all of the prints in a range of sizes.

There are 8 days to go and it is currently $825 short of the fundraising goal.

I am planning to frame them for the wall in my games room.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:31 pm 

bbarsh wrote in Kickstarter projects:Whisper & Venom: RPG Adventure Boxed Set with 28mm Minis by Lesser Gnome — Kickstarter

I am indeed a member around here and the project Bill linked to is my Kickstarter. Thank you Bill (and Ryan :) ) I was planning on making a post here but I wanted to fund the project first (which I did Friday) so it was less of a beg and more of an offer to you guys here.

Whisper & Venom is the reason behind my light posting and minimal collectible purchases these last few months. Both money and time in large doses have been spent by me getting this whole thing together in the most 'done' form possible before I launched the project last Wednesday.

Well here is what is in the box as of now. The first stretch adds 4 more goblin figurines (free or as inexpensive add-ons) with only $17 of additional total funding.

Many of you have already supported it at high reward levels and I am very grateful for that. It has been no small endeavor and it is certainly not a for profit enterprise. What it is, for me, is both fulfillment of a dream and my putting some skin in the game for an industry I care for very deeply. Simply, if I make enough to cover project specific expenses I will do it again. Making it has actually been one of the best experiences of my life since I have come in contact with so many amazing and talented people thanks to this project.

Whisper & Venom is, at its heart, an old-school low to mid-level dungeon crawl. It was intentionally written with the style of the classics and those rule sets in mind- though it is as rules light as possible. I made it non-specific and unlatched to a system simply because after meeting so many of you in person, or on chat, I truly believe that none of you needs that 8000th reminder about calculating time underground or falling damage specifics etc ad infinitum.

As a young man I always felt that adventures needed to come with more of everything. I wanted to be able to open a box for the Lost Caverns and have the all figurines, huge maps, monster cards etc I would ever need. Especially the figurines  the unique or new to the game monster variants that were in the adventure that just weren't going to be cast or never were going to be for sale where I shopped. I hated not having enough money to have the accessories and now, mid-life crisis empowered, I can fix that. With a lot of help of course.

Now that it has funded the product has high quality art, by Jeff Dee and Lloyd Metcalf (who is a real talent that I met by accident at GaryCon), a hand drawn artistic poster map by Alyssa Faden and some figurines. I have loads of finished and near finished sculpts by top notch sculptors (Tim Prow, Mark Evans and Nicolas Genovase) As of today I paid for three more so I am on track logistically to produce a box-busting set of extras to truly make Whisper & Venom so loaded with quality extras it could choke a Tarrasque.

All I need is the funding to make it happen.

Of interest to all of you especially I am going to print a gate-fold version as a Kickstarter exclusive limited only to copies I sell on KS and three copies for me. It will have Jeff Dee's art on the cover and every single interior illustration has been done in Pen & Ink. I told Lloyd Metcalf that the only computer I wanted involved was a scanner- I think he thought I was a little nuts but since he was getting paid he obliged. So acrylic painting by Jeff Dee, all Pen & Ink Illustrations and stylized the old-fashioned way. I made it a pledge level at $25 but extras can be added-on.

Mock-up pictured below...

Anyway as I was writing this we just came to within $17 dollars of the first stretch goal which adds 4 of these handsome fellows....each individually sculpted.

Finally, I wanted to show an example of the venom in Whisper & Venom- the 42 mm Attoral...

If you have any questions please ask, as you can see I can blather about it forever. I DO think however that you won't be disappointed and that having paid for most of this up front there is very little risk involved. I have nothing but this on my agenda from now until fulfillment at the end of November.

And that is enough out if me.

Zach

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:19 am 

I'm in of course.

Martin

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:10 am 

Chaosium is running a Kickstarter for their 7th edition Call of Cthulhu.
They reached their funding goal by the second day.
For backers there are some interesting stretch goals:

Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Chaosium Inc. — Kickstarter

The rules are being broken up into a Keepers book and an Investigators book.
This is not just a straight reprint of the previous edition.
It is being billed as what a Call of Cthulhu 2nd edition should have been.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:04 am 

Nogrod wrote in Kickstarter projects:
If you have any questions please ask...

Zach

Hi Zach, congrats on the project, I love the look & feel of the set and can't wait to get on board.

Please help me understand though, which level should I select if I want paper copies of everything and an opportunity to buy an extra module or two.

Thanks & good luck!

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:57 pm 

I'm in for some cool Whisper & Venom minis! Thanks for posting this one.

Oh crap, and now for the Jeff Dee reprints too. Thanks again ;)

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:49 pm 

Who would not enjoy an evening of Gnome kicking?

I am in!

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:13 pm 

I am at the airport on my way to Texas but I wanted to make sure I sent this first...

You guys are awesome.

That is all.

Zach

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:42 pm 

Hah, just backed it and now you just passed your 2nd stretch goal Zach!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:51 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Kickstarter projects:
Nogrod wrote in Kickstarter projects:
If you have any questions please ask...

Zach

Hi Zach, congrats on the project, I love the look & feel of the set and can't wait to get on board.

Please help me understand though, which level should I select if I want paper copies of everything and an opportunity to buy an extra module or two.

Thanks & good luck!

Paper Copies (Box Set Basic) $50 level and you can add the modules for $25 apiece
If you do not want boxes or minis $35 for the booklet and $25 per module

To be totally honest the map by Alyssa Faden alone is worth the difference between the basic box and the book.

The minis become a really good value at the $75 level soon (there are a great deal of them already finished and I expect the funding level to justify casting all 18 of the 18 man/gnome-sized very soon).

But to answer your question limited to paper books and modules $50 level + $25 per module.

PM me anytime and I will try and explain anything  that is unclear. With you guys around here I promise maximum flexibility.

Zach

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:49 pm 

For the Cthulhu fans : Cthulhu Wars by Sandy Petersen — Kickstarter

Cthulhu wars, a new boardgame by Sandy Petersen. I got funded in about an hour and is blowing through stretch goals like crazy.

And those miniatures look amazing !

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:25 pm 

xRalphx wrote in Kickstarter projects:For the Cthulhu fans : Cthulhu Wars by Sandy Petersen — Kickstarter

Cthulhu wars, a new boardgame by Sandy Petersen. I got funded in about an hour and is blowing through stretch goals like crazy.

Cthulhu is as big as Australia

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:27 pm 

Zach's a member here and this one looks like a great deal of fun.

Just backed at the $75 level and really looking forward to this!

Chris

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:08 pm 

xRalphx wrote in Kickstarter projects:For the Cthulhu fans : Cthulhu Wars by Sandy Petersen — Kickstarter

I played it at NTRPGCon (with assistance from Sandy and his son).  It's a fun game, and surprisingly complicated.  I've got a feeling it will take a long time to master.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:23 pm 

Just backed Zach's game.  :)

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:56 pm 

Back Zach's kickstarter Whisper and Venom, he did a lot of work at the con getting the word out about the product and it looks great!

Sandy's new game will be a huge hit.  Not surprised it is going to make a bundle, it looked impressive!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:37 pm 

Thanks everyone around here for their massive support :)

We have many days to go and the early support puts more into the final product. I do want to emphasize the already paid for part, as in the Kickstarter's non-manufacturing expenses are already paid for 18 minis and the other extras.

This is about making an awesome deluxe boxed adventure and not about making Nogrod rich. Even though you all know that the path to real money is in RPGs :)

Zach

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 60123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 585960