Kickstarter projects
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 15 of 59123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 575859
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:56 pm 

bbarsh wrote in Kickstarter projects:
stylean wrote in Kickstarter projects:
Oh, damn you for posting this and me for seeing it and having no willpower.

Welcome to the party!

I jumped in too. 5 sets. God only knows where I'll store them 8O.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:28 pm 

Posts like this are very helpful in the Thunder household... "See honey, you may think I'm a bit nuts buying all these dusty books, but I haven't gone quite round the bend... here, look at this..."

:)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:51 pm 

i jumped in for 10 sets (with 8 add-ons) in basic grey. the dm picked up 5 more painted sets (so we could tell them apart of course). so between us we'll have 15 sets to use. i sure hope that will cover our needs....

Shrink is not a condition

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:28 pm 

Liverpuncher wrote in Kickstarter projects:
bbarsh wrote in Kickstarter projects:
Welcome to the party!

I jumped in too. 5 sets. God only knows where I'll store them 8O.

The kitchen table, of course.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:53 am 

Thunderdave! wrote in Kickstarter projects:Posts like this are very helpful in the Thunder household... "See honey, you may think I'm a bit nuts buying all these dusty books, but I haven't gone quite round the bend... here, look at this..."

I'm continuously happy to have no interest in minis or related products.  I enjoy seeing some of the pics that the collectors share, but that's where the line is for me.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:05 am 

Zenfinite wrote in Kickstarter projects:
See, I disagree. With all the stretch goals and free stuff, the Kickstarter is a better deal. I'm paying $260 and getting almost 400 pieces. Dungeonstone's stuff is right about a buck a piece, and it's white. The dark color of the DF stuff lends itself easily to painting, one drybrush coat and you're done. Not so with the Dungeonstone stuff. I'm also weird in the fact that I like giving money to the people who started the craze, not the copiers. :)

Zenfinite

Zenfinite, you do have a good point.  Just wanted to list options.  Also, I wonder if some people get caught up in all the extra rewards and get more than they really need.  I bought my set for $80 and rarely ever need more than the 100 pieces it came with.  Of course, I've fallen in the reward trap myself... when am i going to paint the 250+ Reaper Bones I bought?

As for giving money to the copy-cats, I guess you don't buy anything except early TSR books, right?  ;-)  jk

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:58 pm 

throwi wrote in Kickstarter projects:
Zenfinite wrote in Kickstarter projects:
See, I disagree. With all the stretch goals and free stuff, the Kickstarter is a better deal. I'm paying $260 and getting almost 400 pieces. Dungeonstone's stuff is right about a buck a piece, and it's white. The dark color of the DF stuff lends itself easily to painting, one drybrush coat and you're done. Not so with the Dungeonstone stuff. I'm also weird in the fact that I like giving money to the people who started the craze, not the copiers. :)

Zenfinite

Zenfinite, you do have a good point.  Just wanted to list options.  Also, I wonder if some people get caught up in all the extra rewards and get more than they really need.  I bought my set for $80 and rarely ever need more than the 100 pieces it came with.  Of course, I've fallen in the reward trap myself... when am i going to paint the 250+ Reaper Bones I bought?

As for giving money to the copy-cats, I guess you don't buy anything except early TSR books, right?  ;-)  jk

I was 99% of the way to backing the Bones miniatures Kickstarter too. The only reason I did not is I already collect the official WoTC miniatures lines and have several hundreds of figures. I wouldn't have painted a single figure either, so don't feel bad. :) Honestly, if I was in a better financial state right now I would have backed it for 10 sets like Stratochamp. You can't ever have too many I figure, and I have a 4x8 table we play on, so, lots of room to set up kick ass dungeons on. I figure when they come in, I'll have a "paint the dungeon" day where we all dry brush for a few hours and they look pimp.

And the only game I collect besides D&D is Shadowrun. I just love the setting so much. :) So, you're almost right. lol

Zen

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:50 am 

Random comment: Since I joined Kickstarter and backed Bill's Cataclysm at the Acaeum I have been hooked on the site. I have now backed 19 projects and blown almost $2000.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:05 pm 

Here's another one - for Japanese inspired fantasy miniatures: Kensei Fantasy Creatures | Indiegogo

(Don't look, it's a trap - for those will little will power, and a love for Japanese mythology!) :twisted:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:40 pm 

Did no-one mention Center Stage Mini's Tome of Horrors Kickstarter yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:22 am 

I am in!

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:16 pm 

Great project!  I'm in. :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:12 am 

Project #20 for me! Backed Matt's Torn World as well.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:12 pm 

Badmike wrote in Kickstarter projects:I wanted to add that I don't think these companies wont fulfill their goals. But I do think time goals in many of these will not be reached, and some may take years.....
Mike B.

Correctly predicted.  To keep Badmike from biting his tongue any longer, he told us so......   :wink:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:31 am 

I just joined this one :

kickstarter.com/projects/621718369/isla ... -companion

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:51 am 

That one is definitely on my list.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:14 am 

This one just popped up on Kickstarter and I backed it immediately. Jeff Dee recreating some of his lost classics:

Re-Creating AD&D Module Cover Paintings Part 1 by Jeff Dee — Kickstarter

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:17 am 

While I am at it - "Baby's First Mythos" - Cthulhu  - looks fun

Baby's First Mythos by Erica Henderson — Kickstarter

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 15 of 59123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 575859