Kickstarter projects
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:46 am 

LOL.. not everything..

CHAMPIONS OF ZED: Zero Edition Dungeoneering by Daniel Hugh Boggs » Updates — Kickstarter

last progress report 2 jan 2013.. "Layout has been moving along slowly but surely" see.. nothing to worry about;)

Typical of Kickstarters to be laaattteeee...

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:18 am 

bbarsh wrote:Deluxe Tunnels & Trolls by Richard Loomis » Comments — Kickstarter

Tunnels & Trolls.  This is a must for me!

I've backed it as well, and look forward to seeing what stretch goals they add now that they have passed their funding goal.

Regards,

Rick Meints
President - Chaosium Inc.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:36 pm 

Curses! I logged on for the first time in months, hoping to break the T&T news. I should have known this group would be all over it.

Off now to pledge more than I can afford ...

TTFN.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:40 pm 

Thank you very much to Bill Barsh for initially posting about the t&t kickstarter and then to Rick Meints for referencing it again! I'm in!

Shrink is not a condition

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:37 pm 

Sophie's in the house!

Just reporting in, the Reaper Sophie's have arrived, delightful stuff :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:03 pm 

rmeints wrote:
bbarsh wrote:Deluxe Tunnels & Trolls by Richard Loomis » Comments — Kickstarter

Tunnels & Trolls.  This is a must for me!

I've backed it as well, and look forward to seeing what stretch goals they add now that they have passed their funding goal.

Just wanted to bump the thread for this one, Tunnels & Trolls is in the last 48 hours and about to break 100k... lots of cool add-ons to go with the rulebooks - I'm in :)

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:20 pm 

The LotFP Free RPG Day Kickstarter is in its final 9 hours. We've hit goal so we'll be doing Free RPG Day with 9000 copies of Better Than Any Man going out to game stores to be given away free, but there is a lot of exclusive stuff for supporters up for grabs (print modules, custom dice, T-shirt, monster cards with original art that won't be available outside of the campaign), plus PDFs from a bunch of other publishers.

Click the graphic to go to the Kickstarter page with all the info...

WWW ICQ YIM  

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:37 am 

Pad of Geomorphic Intent

Last night I launched a new Kickstarter project - Pad of Geomorphic Intent (PoGI). The initial response has been terrific and it looks like it will hit the modest basic goal in the first 24 hours.  The pads will be A7 (74x105mm) sized and will be litho printed with a light grey 7mm grid (giving 10x14 squares per sheet).  The pads will each have 50 sheets glued along the top edge and attached to a backing card.  Here's a link to the project page:

Pad of Geomorphic Intent by Peter Regan — Kickstarter

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:21 am 

Oublileditor, good luck with the pads, great idea!

I wonder, what's everyone's luck been overall with Kickstarter projects?  Just looking back, I have backed 9, and realize only 3 have been completely fulfilled.  The most delayed had a fulfillment date of May 2012.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:14 am 

Kickstarter is burning a hole in my wallet.  PDT_Armataz_01_05 I have now backed 14 and all have or are going to go through!!!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:51 pm 

Thunderdave! wrote:I wonder, what's everyone's luck been overall with Kickstarter projects?  Just looking back, I have backed 9, and realize only 3 have been completely fulfilled.  The most delayed had a fulfillment date of May 2012.

I just took a quick look.  I'm 11 for 19, with 7 on schedule or at least with strong communication (Dwimmermount is the outlier).  Brett will have the most useful response, as I know he has backed tons!

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:25 pm 

I'm 6 for 18. Eight of the remaining 12 are still "on schedule" based on original expectation. Four have hit snags of one type or another, but continue to get updates, so there's proof of life.

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:29 pm 

Thunderdave! wrote:Oublileditor, good luck with the pads, great idea!

I wonder, what's everyone's luck been overall with Kickstarter projects?  Just looking back, I have backed 9, and realize only 3 have been completely fulfilled.  The most delayed had a fulfillment date of May 2012.

Thanks.  It's got off to great start.  I too am waiting for a few for a few Kickstarter rewards, although to be fair only 2 of them are actually late.  The experiences I've had as backer of other projects, make me want to keep my own project within the timeline I've set all the more.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:27 pm 

This is cool.

Robotech® RPG Tacticsâ„¢ by Palladium Books — Kickstarter

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:47 am 

I've backed 4 so far. I have so far received nothing but I have faith in a couple of the companies. I am of the thought that a company should not use the Kickstarter but rather take pre-orders for a product which they haven't made yet. In certain cases, for example, if a company wants to buy a piece of machinery they would not be using or be able to purchase without kickstarter funds then it make sense, otherwise I am not too into it. Without naming names, it seems like the large companies I have contributed to are already delivering, whereas the little guys are not. It would seem that as a "kickstart" it would be the other way around, but I guess that is what made the other companies successful in the first place.  I would be in favor of calling kickstarter "crazy internet start-up money" instead, that might give us pause.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:16 pm 

I have only backed two Kickstarters (Reaper and DiceRings) and both are slightly behind schedule.  I'm not too concerned but the constant delays I've seen with many Kickstarters does make me pause and usually prevents me from jumping in to others.

Has anyone seen this?  [I say that with a chuckle as most of you probably have]  

RPG Kickstarters

It's actually a very cool way to find RPG Kickstarters in one place.

~throwi

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:38 pm 

Has anyone seen this guy's crap bomb yet?

Axes and Anvils by Mike Nystul — Kickstarter

Yikes.  He has two other unfinished kickstarters along with this one, to the tune of about 70k, with nothing to show.  He also recently cancelled a gaming con in Austin, I don't know if he refunded the vendors and attendees.  This guy gives RPG kickstarters a bad name.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:01 pm 

Badmike wrote in Kickstarter projects:Has anyone seen this guy's crap bomb yet?

Axes and Anvils by Mike Nystul — Kickstarter

Yikes.  He has two other unfinished kickstarters along with this one, to the tune of about 70k, with nothing to show.  He also recently cancelled a gaming con in Austin, I don't know if he refunded the vendors and attendees.  This guy gives RPG kickstarters a bad name.

Mike B.

This would be same guy responsible for Nystul's Magic Aura, and Whispering Vault....right?

PreviousNext