Kickstarter projects
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:06 pm 

How DID it work out in the end? Last I knew it was no different than the beginning, a disaster.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:49 am 

I did see one on eBay once so presumably it got out there.
No idea about stretch goals and personal extras (often the nail in a Kickstarter's coffin).
Definitely a whimper rather than a bang I would say, which is a shame but in hindsight probably not a great surprise.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:06 am 

Pacesetter did ship some out, but I'm not sure how many, or how many came with everything that was supposed to be included.

There was a period of time when Pacesetter was very unreliable.  They seem to have improved considerably in recent years, but I don't know if they will ever win back some of their past customers that were screwed over.

I personally received a partially complete box set, but I went through Ben Barsh directly to get it.  Ben is a great guy!  I'm pretty confident I wouldn't have received it otherwise.

FWIW, I have purchased products since then, and they have been much better in the past few years.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:35 pm 

dbartman wrote in Kickstarter projects:
I personally received a partially complete box set, but I went through Ben Barsh directly to get it.  Ben is a great guy!  I'm pretty confident I wouldn't have received it otherwise.

Pretty telling if this sentence is as positive a spin as the project gets. To be fair I have heard similar about Ben Barsh but Bill unfortunately does have history, not just on Kickstarter but on eBay as well.
(Also, to maybe strike some balance, the Pacesetter items I have owned over the years have been very decent quality so no complaints there.)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Previous