Kickstarter projects
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:34 am 

misterspock wrote in Kickstarter projects:
I was hoping there would be other stuff too like the last times with the original drawings/packages with this current project. Did you get anything like that in the previous kickstarters along with the books?

Yes. There were a bunch a extra prints included as stretch goals for the previous two Kickstarters. This time there are no stretch goals, but you have the option to buy extra prints for $10 each, which is a bit steep. Yes. This one is indeed more expensive with less rewards. As a completionist, I still feel impelled to back / purchase it though.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:16 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote in Kickstarter projects:
Yes. There were a bunch a extra prints included as stretch goals for the previous two Kickstarters. This time there are no stretch goals, but you have the option to buy extra prints for $10 each, which is a bit steep. Yes. This one is indeed more expensive with less rewards. As a completionist, I still feel impelled to back / purchase it though.

Please roll a save against this... this... thing.
How is it possible to believe that 10 years ago the two volumes contained everything he still had available at that time and now new artworks are present??

I can understand the thrid volume if the artist wants to cover these last years of gap (from the publications of 2012)... but hey! If i set aside my collector deviation and start thinking rationally, one only question comes to my mind: why should i pay for a certain (large?) amount of artworks which are already present in the previous book? (And no comment about the higher price...)

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:17 am 

I succeeded the save!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:06 am 

I failed my saving throw.

IDK The masters of early D&D art brought a lot of joy to my life, Elmore, Easley, Caldwell etc. I also love sci fi and fantasy art from the 70s in particular. The art from that time created such a sense of wonder, which faded in later years either due to me growing up or changing styles, hard to know which.

Must be hard to be an artist these days in the age of AI art. I’m always looking at new D&D products on KS, RPGNow etc and so much has cartoony art (apologies to those who like it, but I can’t abide it) or AI generated art these days, which all sort of looks the same. Original hand drawn / painted art seems to be getting rarer or is becoming harder to find amidst all the AI generated work.

I guess Elmore with this project is trying to get one last return on his years as an artist, before his work drowns in a sea of AI generated dragons. I would probably do the same with the flood of AI art washing over us. So, this is my Christmas present to myself. He states it includes previously unpublished art and I am prepared to fork out for that. But I concede your point and hope it is more unpublished art than reprints.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:16 pm 

I wish you were right!
Really!
I am happy with my 2 volumes (in a case) and wish all the best to Larry for this project but he didn't convince me this time...

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:41 am 

kickstarter.com/projects/batintheatticg ... sy-sandbox

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:18 pm 

Nice foldable gaming table!

kickstarter.com/projects/atlasmundi/fol ... =user_menu

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:35 am 

I've backed this series of modules over the years. Really nice old school feel to them:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dg ... enture-duo

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:26 pm 

This is a pretty awesome looking Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/le ... escription

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:48 pm 

If anyone needs to sell their Elmore III, just let me know :)
Steve

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:30 am 

brute wrote in Kickstarter projects:If anyone needs to sell their Elmore III, just let me know :)
Steve

Are you ref to the KS volume or to the acaeum limited art?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:43 pm 

aia - Just the KS, for now. :D
Thank you,
Steve

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:40 am 

Is this how I bring my wife, who loves gardening and growing flowers, closer to my hobby?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hi ... al-dragons

I have to admit, amazes me that this project has raised almost half a million shortly after launch. Was skeptical at first, but I imagine the art must be something special.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:22 am 

A suggestion: At night, replace all her flowers with 3D printed ones that are stunted and miscolored. Every few nights, replace them with smaller ones. After a few weeks point out to her (sadly) that she seems to have lost her green thumb and allow her to play a half goldenrod/half daisy paladin as consolation.

I'm with ya, Herm, that is mind boggling. When a book like that brings in the GDP of Sri Lanka before it is even printed, I call that a win. I considered a rewrite of the Kama Sutra with live actor pics, but I believe it might still be copyrighted...........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:57 pm 

I have a request of support: I am still targeted with updates from the KS "Cataclysm at the Acaeum"... I tried to look up how to unsubscribe from that specific project but I did manage to do that... I am completely annoyed by that project and several updates... Have you got any suggestion about how to get away from an already closed KS? Otherwise, do you think it'd fair to report the misuse of the updates to KS?
Thanks a lot and ciaooo

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:58 pm 

Are you getting follow-up emails related to new Pacesetter Kickstarters?

At the bottom of the email there should be an unsubscribe selection.  That should work, if you have it.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:11 am 

dbartman wrote in Kickstarter projects:Are you getting follow-up emails related to new Pacesetter Kickstarters?

At the bottom of the email there should be an unsubscribe selection.  That should work, if you have it.

Well i don't even read the messages... i only know these are abuses towards people who joined that unlucky project and are still bothered by that memory...

I tried the unsuscribe button but it leads to the KS page where no further instruction is present...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:47 pm 

What, didn't it all work out fine in the end?
(Insert pithy comment about Stamps.com/hacking here!)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

PreviousNext