Super Rare-to-be adventure...
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:09 am 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:I don't want one, but I'm not everyone.

Yes. You make that perfectly clear.
And for some reason go out of your way to be rude when I haven't done or said a damn thing to you.
Please don't PM me any more.

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:20 am 

Wow, you just made $125 on the "pre-pub" and now you're seemingly getting impatient that the members here aren't snapping up the 2nd print edition??

I'll go out on a limb and say that these past few days have seriously lowered you're professionalism in my eyes and I do not feel that I will be supporting your products any longer, as it appears to be; a) a money grabber by yourself & b) you appear to be very self-important, way beyond the quality of the products you write.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:39 am 

And, as an aside, as you have already given a few members here a PDF version of this, (which I appreciate isn't as collectible as a print copy) I think you should respect your customer base I little better.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:32 am 

Thork N Hammer wrote:
MetamorphosisSigma wrote:I don't want one, but I'm not everyone.

Yes. You make that perfectly clear.
And for some reason go out of your way to be rude when I haven't done or said a damn thing to you.
Please don't PM me any more.

You are not the only one he has been PMing.
He sent me a PM to correct my spelling.
I like to think that he simply wishes us all to better ourselves to help make us better people...  :idea:

Why are you guys continuing to hassle Robert on this?
He posted an apology on the last page.

Thork N Hammer wrote:... ...  I apologize to everyone if I seem, "strange"...
I've always appreciated the support of the Members, and thought that was obvious.
Ergo, in the future I will strive to make that clear

If you do not like Roberts product then simply do not purchase it and move on; stop posting to this thread and stop sending Robert and those of us who do back this sort of work silly PMs.

Sheese... how bored must you guys be?
Maybe you could just give it a rest?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:23 am 

Thork N Hammer wrote::?

Please forgive me for wondering, but--did everyone suddenly decide they DIDN'T want a 2nd cover copy?

I am confused.

How long will it be available? I'd like to order but, like several of us, I am waiting to get several items in my cart to order (to avoid several shipping cost).

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:33 am 

lokiwookie wrote:
How long will it be available? I'd like to order but, like several of us, I am waiting to get several items in my cart to order (to avoid several shipping cost).

Yes same here, please be sure to keep it available for a time  :)   Also waiting for a discount code  :wink:

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:39 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:Why are you guys continuing to hassle Robert on this?

Who exactly are you referring to here besides MetamorphosisSigma and ashmire13?  I dont have a clue why MS feels the need to annoy people with his PM's.  Maybe he needs to lay off the herb.  As for ashmire....he obviously has an issue which he feels strongly about and is using the forum to voice that concern which is entirely within his right.  And at least he did it in a way which I thought was professional.

Gnat the Beggar wrote:He posted an apology on the last page.

While I dont necessarily feel that he needed to post an apology, I dont really understand why there was the need to post the query regarding why none of the Acaeum members had purchased the 2nd print yet.  If that was the reasoning for the apology I dont believe it was posted until later when he edited the post after 1 am.

Gnat the Beggar wrote:Sheese... how bored must you guys be?  Maybe you could just give it a rest?

You've been a member here long enough to know it doesnt usually work this way Gnat.  And I really dont mean to be a dick here but you could heed the same advice when it comes to posting about Noble Knight Games' Ebay pricing and descriptions.  We get it....you think they are idiots.  :wink:

I went ahead and purchased the Crystal Skull adventure along with Hell's Outpost last night after I found a coupon which basically paid for my shipping.  Unfortunately there is nothing else of note on Lulu that I want or need right now.  Seems like most of the other OSR publishers are putting their wares on RPGNOW instead.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:52 am 

Not that it matters now since you already posted your response, but I was not referring to you above.

EV1 here knows that NKGs e-Bay listings had been pretty bad for a very long time and they needed to be called on it.
Sorry if that bothers you, but it needed to be done; I was just the first to do so (but not the only one).

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:02 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:EV1 here knows that NKGs e-Bay listings had been pretty bad for a very long time and they needed to be called on it.
Sorry if that bothers you, but it needed to be done; I was just the first to do so (but not the only one).

Ah, but you misunderstand my intent.  It doesnt bother me when someone calls a seller out for a ridiculous price or an incorrect or misleading description.  I've done it many times myself and even emailed Aaron Leeder directly regarding the Chainmail debacle.  But when someone repeatedly does it over and over again after they have already proven their point.....that is what I was referring to.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:09 am 

Ordered mine yesterday.

Hector.

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:42 am 

Thanks KoP, I just want to make it clear that I'm not trying to create an agenda against Thork. Initially I was trying to get a handle on why this item was being bid up over $100. Gnat gave a good response to that.

Now that Thork appears to be getting angsty about members not purchasing his work immediately, I find that distasteful, especially as he just made 125 bucks!

With regards PMs, I also took offence at Thork implying in his unrequested PM to me, that he was implying that I am outside of his intellectual circle. Something for which he kind of backhandedly apologised.

I feel that Thork is creating himself a sense of self-importance and intellectual greatness.
I don't particularly care for such acts, so I have withdrawn my request for a purchase of his other Ltd works and won't be buying further from lulu of his work.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:01 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I dont know about most people here but when it comes to ordering from Lulu I like to get the most bang for my buck.  I usually try and buy several items at the same time and wait for a decent coupon code to pop up before pulling the trigger on a purchase.

Exactly.  I will 100% definitely purchase a copy.  But I have to find a few things to make the shipping costs worthwhile.  If your intent is for this to be available for only a set period of time, just let us know that.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:18 am 

And as THeHistorian & KoP have said, purchasing is based on what's financially best and as lulu tend to do discounts on a monthly basis, I think a bit of patience would be professional on Thorks part.

Other sellers, such as PGS, BHP etc run items, are happy to sell what sells and then appreciate and look after their customer base.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:46 am 

For those members that want/ed a 2nd cover copy, the link I provided will be good for as long as you want it. There is no "time limit" as far as I'm concerned. Lulu does indeed run coupon discounts that are not always available, and I expect (like myself) that many will like to bundle things and get a bigger discount.

If I could just ask everyone one thing it would be this: please, let's be civil to each other. We don't need to stink up someone else's threads with our own issues just because we don't support or like what they are doing/saying. I see too much of that at other forums and that's why I like being a member here--because, until now, I haven't seen that kind of behavior.

I'd rather not have to go into explaining my actions Suffice it to say, that everyone has a "bad day" once in a while. I've been having a few, lately, and will probably have another one or two until I get some results back from the doctor. Just bare with me if you can.

That said, I think we should stop trying to be amateur analysts with all this rudeness, don't you?

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:01 pm 

I haven't been rude, but I agree that this conversation has run its course.

I hope that you continue to prublish decent quality products, as those I have are good.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:04 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:Other sellers, such as PGS, BHP etc run items, are happy to sell what sells and then appreciate and look after their customer base.

Yeah, I too admire Pace Games Setter products and service provided to customers. :lol:

ashmire13 wrote:.... I haven't been rude.....

PDT_Armataz_01_05  :!:
Good to know that....

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:29 pm 

Unfortunately text does not carry tone of voice behind it Gnat.

My posts where we discussed the rarity / quality basis of this product had no content where I am rude. If you feel otherwise, that's a shame because it is very rare that I get involved in confrontational discussions here, after being a member for many years.

If anything, Thorks PM to me may be construed as rude.

I will never consider myself a collector, certainly not in comparison to anyone here, but I am an enthusiast and I enjoy the forum, I enjoy the conversations here and I am still learning about the TSR products.

Only with two/three members have I ever felt that I wanted to comment because I was irked, mostly those who came here from T&T claiming that they were turning things around. And from the posts that I have been involved in along those threads, I haven't been alone in expressing my concerns.

Whilst I am in a minority here in regards Thorks product and (my interpretation of) his behaviour, I initially was only trying to find out what the thoughts were in regards this adventures collectibility.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:43 pm 

Gordon Bennett Gnat.

You got a crush on Thork or summat?

Just leave it.

Cheers,
KAL

PreviousNext