Super Rare-to-be adventure...
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:13 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:  I don't believe Thork's intention was ever just a simple money grab.  I also dont believe he had any idea that this one-off would go for $125 either.  I was certainly shocked.  Although I wasnt when the French version and the unique copy of G4 he donated went for over $100 at the NTRPG auction mainly because the money goes to fund the convention and to Doug's charity.  And its my opinion that in the future Thork, you might want to create these one-off items like this for such special occasions like charity auctions.  It at least will keep your name from being dragged through the mud.

I agree with all of the stuff there...
If you do future one-offs, perhaps donate that item to a convention for auction, or as an auction here (or even on e-Bay) with the proceeds to be donated to some worthy cause...

Only a truly despicable person would bash you for donating something like this to a worthy cause.... no matter how much it sold for.

For now, I would probably take that fortune of $125 you just got for this one-off and buy a new home.....  :roll:  :wink:  :lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:37 am 

I wouldn't class myself as despicable Gnat. Nor do I consider it a huge money grabber in the grand scheme of thing, because Thork isn't going to buy a new house on that much...

So feel free to carry on and have a little dig at anyone who doesn't have the same view as you eh....

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:38 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:
Kingofpain89 wrote:  I don't believe Thork's intention was ever just a simple money grab.  I also dont believe he had any idea that this one-off would go for $125 either.  I was certainly shocked.  Although I wasnt when the French version and the unique copy of G4 he donated went for over $100 at the NTRPG auction mainly because the money goes to fund the convention and to Doug's charity.  And its my opinion that in the future Thork, you might want to create these one-off items like this for such special occasions like charity auctions.  It at least will keep your name from being dragged through the mud.

I agree with all of the stuff there...
If you do future one-offs, perhaps donate that item to a convention for auction, or as an auction here (or even on e-Bay) with the proceeds to be donated to some worthy cause...

Only a truly despicable person would bash you for donating something like this to a worthy cause.... no matter how much it sold for.

For now, I would probably take that fortune of $125 you just got for this one-off and buy a new home.....  :roll:  :wink:  :lol:

And I thought I'd just quote you, before you re-edit again and take out the narky bits like normal....

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:11 am 

ashmire13 wrote:I wouldn't class myself as despicable Gnat.
Nor do I consider it a huge money grabber in the grand scheme of thing, because Thork isn't going to buy a new house on that much...

So feel free to carry on and have a little dig at anyone who doesn't have the same view as you eh....

You read things in my post that are clearly not there, which is no surprise to me.
I have never called you or anyone else here despicable and to be clear I do not think you are anything close to that.
Strongly opinionated perhaps, but then so am I... and I see nothing wrong with that either.

And no Thork wont REALLY be able to buy that new house with the $125...  :lol:

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:59 am 

Then I apologise for reading something that you did not imply

Strong opinions are what make the Forums go round..... :)

EDIT - I would like to say though, that it's quite clear that we are all very passionate and enthusiastic about this game we love and that without all our views and discussions, the game would be long dead. I hope that sufficient numbers in the next generations keep the history and game play alive. It may well make Thorks, PGS, Burntwires, BHPs & Mythmeres products as collectible in the future as those that we hold dear now.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:52 pm 

Pipswich wrote:Bump to $125.  I respect the way this controversy has been handled by everyone on the forum/post.  It's worth the bid to encourage such civilized discourse... and the module looks awesome too.

I just received the print/copy this morning. I have contacted the winning bidder, and will be sending it to him ASAP.
Let this now close the matter on this item.

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:45 pm 

I agree, this should be over, as it's time has passed, but it's not your call to inform those on the forum that it is, as Forums discuss anything they wish when they wish.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:25 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:I agree, this should be over, as it's time has passed, but it's not your call to inform those on the forum that it is, as Forums discuss anything they wish when they wish.

Well, again, my fingers don't always deliver what I wish them to say. Let "us"(all of us) now close (conclude) the matter(controversy) on(of)this matter.
But, fine by me. You all can talk about it as long as you like.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:46 pm 

Hahaha...all this sh*t just makes me want the stuff more...or puke. Yes, one of the two.

Hector.

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:40 pm 

The module arrived yesterday and I just had an opportunity to open it and admire Thork's handiwork.  Great job!  I am delighted.  The notes and hand drawn map included are a nice and special bonus!  Good luck with your future adventures!

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:30 pm 

My LULU box arrived this afternoon and I am pleased with the contents.
Thanks again Thork for providing us with yet another fine gaming product at a low cost.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:04 pm 

Thanks, Pip and Gnat...

Previous