(BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:35 pm 

In case you missed it, there was a update early september on the BHP blog:
Brave Halfling Publishing: Updates on all BHP Projects
Delving Deeper:
Almost all of the Delving Deeper Boxed Sets have now shipped (about a dozen left). I will be checking with folks at the end of the month to make sure everyone got their order. I did such a terrible job keeping track of all the orders over 18 months and three moves, so if you are worried about your order, you can email me to be sure ([email protected]).

The materials for the second shipment for the folks who pre-ordered Delving Deeper Boxed Sets (before Thanksgiving 2012) are nearing completion and should go out very early in 2014.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:59 pm 

FormCritic wrote in (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!:If Delving Deeper exists - as apparently it does if you have one - then the fault is simply not mailing it out.

There is probably a large pile of them in a closet or garage.

I'm still waiting on a copy of the Delving Deeper boxed set to be shipped to me.  My order was one of the conversion orders, converting my order for one of the Swords & Wizardry White Box boxed sets that BHP used to produce to one of the Delving Deeper boxed sets that BHP was producing for a while.  

I've emailed John a few times over the two-year wait, just to confirm that I was still in line to get a copy.  Until the most recent attempt to contact him last week, I always received a timely reply and a positive confirmation of my order.  Of course, last week *was* Christmas, and everyone gets slammed by emails over the holidays.  So, I followed that email up with another one tonight.  

Here's hoping I'm still in the shipping queue for a copy.   :?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:40 pm 

I received an email asking how many copies I ordered(2 copies) about 6-8 months ago. No game or follow up email since. This is the reason I don't like to pre-order items.  :(

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:18 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!:I received an email asking how many copies I ordered(2 copies) about 6-8 months ago. No game or follow up email since. This is the reason I don't like to pre-order items.  :(

Although I agree with you completely. I am not even sure if I pre-ordered this, I thought I had, but I stupidly purged all my old emails right before my Kickstarter. Even if I did, I would not be hopeful that there is even a reliable record of it.

Making games for such small markets is a gamble and small press companies have the most to gain by a working pre-order system. The most to lose as well, exhibit A is the topic of the thread...

As someone who wants to produce more games I see the allure of taking pre-orders but, unless I am willing to give KS a cut again, I doubt I will. Since I know a large number of people to whom I would be hoping to sell games to, I do not think the social consequences would be easy to overlook and impossible to recover.

Reputation is too hard to get and too easy to lose.

It is sad actually and I hold no ill-will toward John, but if I were him I would either show all his cards or just surrender.

Zach

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:29 pm 

I should have specified that I was talking about the Delving Deeper Box set.

I don't mind backing people that I personally know(Bill Barsh and Zach). I can trust they will follow through, but as to backing any projects from people that I don't know I doubt that will happen again as I have been burnt too many times. I also understand taking pre-orders as it lets you know how many to print and a general profit margin you may hope to achieve. As you know Die Cast Games has produced 3 items, the first we made a profit on, the second we made a profit on only because Martin paid for our services, and the third we haven't even come close to making a profit on. The last project was costly because of the high cost of art and paying the author. Of course we didn't do the last project purely to gain a profit, it was to have the honor of working with Allan, Jeff, and Diesel  :D .

-Shawn

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:44 pm 

I got an email from John with a tracking number.  

I have no ill will toward John or Brave Halfling.  I just wanted a response, one way or the other.

Here's hoping the best for the Appendix N Kickstarter.  I backed that as well.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:36 am 

Bump on this if anyone is interested.

I have a full shrink set of books if anyone wants to add it to their collection

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:47 pm 

PM sent.

Previous