(BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:07 pm 

le Rahib wrote in (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!:I pre-ordered and paid Delving Deeper two years ago (06/15/2011)...
and I just get a wrong tracking number several months ago.
:(

I have pledged for the Appendix N Adventures... and I sent extra-$$ for shipping.
:(

:?

Similar story here (minus the wrong tracking number...I was never given a tracking number)...still have my fingers crossed hoping I'll see something for my funds whether its Delving Deeper or Appendix N

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:16 am 

Over the past six weeks, I have contacted Brave Halfling twice - very nicely - to ask about Delving Deeper and when I would get mine.

I don't think it exists.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:22 am 

Unfortunately this seems to be the end of what started out as a interesting game company (Brave Halfling Publishing).  I doubt anyone could look at the last two years and think BHP has any sort of future in the retro-game industry, nor kickstarting any sort of project from here forward.  The pitfalls of the publishing industry are legendary and BHP seems to have experienced every one of them in excruciating detail.  It makes you appreciate even more the individuals who are able to negotiate these waters.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:30 am 

I guess that makes my copy a rarity.   Still a shame how thing went over at BHP.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:03 pm 

If Delving Deeper exists - as apparently it does if you have one - then the fault is simply not mailing it out.

There is probably a large pile of them in a closet or garage.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:06 pm 

I am still hopeful on a few of the Kickstarters I have backed.

Metamorphosis Alpha may eventually produce.

The Shadow Realms - or whatever - kickstarter I pledged might happen.  (Pledged back when the concept was new.)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:11 pm 

I also think there is a good chance that Center Stage Miniatures will eventually pan out with their Demons and Devils Kickstarter.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:53 pm 

FormCritic wrote in (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!:If Delving Deeper exists - as apparently it does if you have one - then the fault is simply not mailing it out.

I would bet the problem there is instead they have none and would have to print up more to fill unfilled orders.  There are just too many people out there that have never gotten copies.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:35 pm 

In case you missed it, there was a update early september on the BHP blog:
Brave Halfling Publishing: Updates on all BHP Projects
Delving Deeper:
Almost all of the Delving Deeper Boxed Sets have now shipped (about a dozen left). I will be checking with folks at the end of the month to make sure everyone got their order. I did such a terrible job keeping track of all the orders over 18 months and three moves, so if you are worried about your order, you can email me to be sure ([email protected]).

The materials for the second shipment for the folks who pre-ordered Delving Deeper Boxed Sets (before Thanksgiving 2012) are nearing completion and should go out very early in 2014.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:59 pm 

FormCritic wrote in (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!:If Delving Deeper exists - as apparently it does if you have one - then the fault is simply not mailing it out.

I'm still waiting on a copy of the Delving Deeper boxed set to be shipped to me.  My order was one of the conversion orders, converting my order for one of the Swords & Wizardry White Box boxed sets that BHP used to produce to one of the Delving Deeper boxed sets that BHP was producing for a while.  

I've emailed John a few times over the two-year wait, just to confirm that I was still in line to get a copy.  Until the most recent attempt to contact him last week, I always received a timely reply and a positive confirmation of my order.  Of course, last week *was* Christmas, and everyone gets slammed by emails over the holidays.  So, I followed that email up with another one tonight.  

Here's hoping I'm still in the shipping queue for a copy.   :?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:40 pm 

I received an email asking how many copies I ordered(2 copies) about 6-8 months ago. No game or follow up email since. This is the reason I don't like to pre-order items.  :(

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:18 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!:I received an email asking how many copies I ordered(2 copies) about 6-8 months ago. No game or follow up email since. This is the reason I don't like to pre-order items.  :(

Although I agree with you completely. I am not even sure if I pre-ordered this, I thought I had, but I stupidly purged all my old emails right before my Kickstarter. Even if I did, I would not be hopeful that there is even a reliable record of it.

Making games for such small markets is a gamble and small press companies have the most to gain by a working pre-order system. The most to lose as well, exhibit A is the topic of the thread...

As someone who wants to produce more games I see the allure of taking pre-orders but, unless I am willing to give KS a cut again, I doubt I will. Since I know a large number of people to whom I would be hoping to sell games to, I do not think the social consequences would be easy to overlook and impossible to recover.

Reputation is too hard to get and too easy to lose.

It is sad actually and I hold no ill-will toward John, but if I were him I would either show all his cards or just surrender.

Zach

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:29 pm 

I should have specified that I was talking about the Delving Deeper Box set.

I don't mind backing people that I personally know(Bill Barsh and Zach). I can trust they will follow through, but as to backing any projects from people that I don't know I doubt that will happen again as I have been burnt too many times. I also understand taking pre-orders as it lets you know how many to print and a general profit margin you may hope to achieve. As you know Die Cast Games has produced 3 items, the first we made a profit on, the second we made a profit on only because Martin paid for our services, and the third we haven't even come close to making a profit on. The last project was costly because of the high cost of art and paying the author. Of course we didn't do the last project purely to gain a profit, it was to have the honor of working with Allan, Jeff, and Diesel  :D .

-Shawn

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:44 pm 

I got an email from John with a tracking number.  

I have no ill will toward John or Brave Halfling.  I just wanted a response, one way or the other.

Here's hoping the best for the Appendix N Kickstarter.  I backed that as well.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:36 am 

Bump on this if anyone is interested.

I have a full shrink set of books if anyone wants to add it to their collection

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:47 pm 

PM sent.

Previous