(BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:10 am 

Bringing John's initial post with the web site forward.

John Adams wrote:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/177 ... pg-modules

Please note that at a number of pledge levels, I have set up two lines of rewards - one designed for for Gamers and another for Collectors!

Brave Halfling Publishing is proud to announce our new line of adventure modules in support of the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG by Goodman Games!

Each Appendix N Adventure provides Game Masters with a challenging adventure that can easily be dropped into an existing campaign, as well as an inspirational module map and a set of illustrated player handouts. Each also contains new monsters, unique enemies, creative traps and bizarre settings to challenge players, and inspirational ideas for expanding the campaign and launch points into further adventures for the Game Master.

Physically, Appendix N Adventures are designed for a lifetime of use. These digest-sized (5.5" x 8.5") products feature detached covers (with maps on the back) created using traditional off-set printing, very heavy card stock and aqueous coating. The black-and-white interiors are printed on extremely thick and durable paper (32 lb) that does not allow any bleed-though. The player handouts are printed on 100 lb card stock. All Appendix N Adventures come completely sealed in thick shrink-wrap and ship in non-bendable, chipboard mailers.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:00 am 

Delving Deeper?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:11 am 

Delving Deeper is still in production. I'm assisting in proofreading; I've finished Vol 1 and 2, and am working on Vol 3.

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:31 am 

John, I've just received and read your latest email update
I think it's a shame that your costs & donations have changed since the KS was put in place, but I guess that's part of your gamble when setting up a KS project.

However, I would increase my pledge if it helps.

Also, please put me down for a copy of the Dagger RPG kids game please :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:54 am 

Anyone received any physical product yet? Just curious. I was only in at the $20 level so no big deal, but I know some of us put some real  money into it.  John has been really good about updates but most of the goal dates are a year past now.  If I had to bet I'd say we might never see all the product here.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:58 am 

Never received any physical copy yet. :( actually, I am nearly sure that we will never receive the whole thing... Perhaps one or two modules, at best.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:11 pm 

Perhaps you saw today's update?  1000 mods or so going out via a fulfillment company during August.

Maybe someone with more experience in publishing can correct me, but pdfs of some of these mods were released in December.  How long does it take to get from there to physical copies?

Similar experience with my Tarina kickstarter, the pdfs were distributed in March, no hard copies yet.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:42 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!:Perhaps you saw today's update?  1000 mods or so going out via a fulfillment company during August.

Maybe someone with more experience in publishing can correct me, but pdfs of some of these mods were released in December.  How long does it take to get from there to physical copies?

Similar experience with my Tarina kickstarter, the pdfs were distributed in March, no hard copies yet.

The update was actually what got me thinking about this.  I doubt there is enough money to print everything plus the bonus level stuff (thousands of digest modules, basically, of which none has come out and every single one is late, at least a year for the early stuff).  Plus hiring a fufillment company is a disaster waiting to happen when people don't get their stuff, too many layers of people to deal with for most backers if something doesn't go right...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Last edited by Badmike on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:37 pm 

This guys past record with getting out Delving Deeper told me to stay away.  Glad I did.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:55 am 

Prufrock wrote in (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!:This guys past record with getting out Delving Deeper told me to stay away.  Glad I did.

Martin

That is exactly what kept me away back then. Now I am extremely leery of kickstarters so that even if I didn't know the past history I wouldn't have backed it.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:48 am 

Did Delving Deeper ever come out?

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:57 am 

Thunderdave wrote in (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!:Did Delving Deeper ever come out?

I got my copy eariler this year.  

Martin

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:12 am 

Thanks Martin, I can't remember getting it... was it a box set?  I'm going to have to look for it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:17 am 

Thunderdave wrote in (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!:Did Delving Deeper ever come out?

It came out, but there are many still waiting. Here is a relevant link with the latest. You may want to make some popcorn before reading :)
Have anyone gotten a boxed set yet? | Original D&D Discussion

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:53 am 

Thunderdave wrote in (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!:Thanks Martin, I can't remember getting it... was it a box set?  I'm going to have to look for it.

I received the box set.  White box with black ink.  I did not order anything else which might be why I have received mine and others go on waiting.  I will not bother to buy from BHP again.

martin

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:05 am 

Can't find it, I must have been confusing it with Xplorers which I did finally get...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:16 am 

Scalydemon wrote in (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!:

It came out, but there are many still waiting. Here is a relevant link with the latest. You may want to make some popcorn before reading :)
Have anyone gotten a boxed set yet? | Original D&D Discussion

Wow.  Ok I changed my mind after reading that, getting a 3rd party fufillment company is by far the best solution for John.  As is getting Lulu or a similar company to print any future endeavors.  It would remove a lot of the problems he seems to be having.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:10 am 

I pre-ordered and paid Delving Deeper two years ago (06/15/2011)...
and I just get a wrong tracking number several months ago.
:(

I have pledged for the Appendix N Adventures... and I sent extra-$$ for shipping.
:(

:?

PreviousNext