(BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:42 pm 

About to break 10k ....

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:53 pm 

Boxes for all! (well almost all  :D  )

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:31 pm 

Now, let's go to the $15K goal!

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:35 am 

I'm in!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:34 pm 

Down to the last 5 days now....and received Update 4 in my email. The section that made me upgrade my pledge is :

"...
And, just to be safe and clear - this opportunity to help further develop and expand the Old Isle will be available whether this Kickstarter project hits the final goal or not! Indeed, all those who pledge at the $51, $101 or higher levels will still receive one print and one pdf copy of the Old Isle Campaign Setting whether this Kickstarter project hits the final goal or not!
..."

I upped my pledge by $20 and now I'm guaranteed* to receive "The Old Isle" campaign setting (in both, print and pdf) whether this kickstarter meets the final goal or not. As a bonus, I now get to lightly design (500 words or less) a location in it too.

*EDIT: "guaranteed" as much as anything on kickstarter is "guaranteed".

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:02 pm 

GreyM wrote:Down to the last 5 days now....and received Update 4 in my email. The section that made me upgrade my pledge is :

"...
And, just to be safe and clear - this opportunity to help further develop and expand the Old Isle will be available whether this Kickstarter project hits the final goal or not! Indeed, all those who pledge at the $51, $101 or higher levels will still receive one print and one pdf copy of the Old Isle Campaign Setting whether this Kickstarter project hits the final goal or not!
..."

I upped my pledge by $20 and now I'm guaranteed* to receive "The Old Isle" campaign setting (in both, print and pdf) whether this kickstarter meets the final goal or not. As a bonus, I now get to lightly design (500 words or less) a location in it too.

*EDIT: "guaranteed" as much as anything on kickstarter is "guaranteed".

I've just upped my pledge as a result too....

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:52 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:
I've just upped my pledge as a result too....

Me too!  
This really does excite me... and I even found myself adding in the few extra $$$ for international postage.  I really couldn't not, my little bit towards keeping John from Bankrupcy!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:09 pm 

Yep, along with my hard cover rule book, this is a tidy piece of gaming!

Out of interest, anyone (Jason :) ) looked at this in comparison to AD&D? Apart from a cursory glance, anyone dug into this deeply yet?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:04 pm 

I do not know why anyone who is a true Fantasy RPG fan and/or collector would hesitate more than a couple of seconds to back this project.

Just to be clear, it seems to me that at the $51 level, you get 17 Signed and SWed Digest modules, plus 3 Digest game boxes plus a poster at the current $12.5k Bonus Level.
If the pledge level reaches $15K then that pushes it to 20 Digest Modules (counting the Old Ilse campaign setting)

As has been stated several times in this thread.
Maybe this thread should be renamed the eminent Bankrupting of an PRG Publisher. 8O

I have always liked and subscribed to BHPs products and I truly hope John makes huge gobs of money later with this line of products.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:36 pm 

Upped my pledge, thanks for the heads up...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:26 pm 

John of BHP, could you clarify for me, at a pledge of $51 theres 3 copies of the digest box set, the initial mods listed? But with the bonus mods at each $Goal, it's 1 copy of each mod?
Cheers
Dave

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:37 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:John of BHP, could you clarify for me, at a pledge of $51 theres 3 copies of the digest box set, the initial mods listed? But with the bonus mods at each $Goal, it's 1 copy of each mod?
Cheers
Dave

The spreadhseet below shows every pledge level and what is offered to the Backers at each level at the current pledge level of $12.5K
And also assuming that the $15K pledge level is reached for the Old Ilse items.
But you can remove that group from your list easily.

docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An ... kN3c#gid=0

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:27 am 

Perfect, thanks Gnat

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:01 am 

I believe the spreadsheet is wrong regarding the number of game boxes at the $30 and $31 pledge levels. Shouldn't it be only two print copies?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:10 am 

Bringing John's initial post with the web site forward.

John Adams wrote:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/177 ... pg-modules

Please note that at a number of pledge levels, I have set up two lines of rewards - one designed for for Gamers and another for Collectors!

Brave Halfling Publishing is proud to announce our new line of adventure modules in support of the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG by Goodman Games!

Each Appendix N Adventure provides Game Masters with a challenging adventure that can easily be dropped into an existing campaign, as well as an inspirational module map and a set of illustrated player handouts. Each also contains new monsters, unique enemies, creative traps and bizarre settings to challenge players, and inspirational ideas for expanding the campaign and launch points into further adventures for the Game Master.

Physically, Appendix N Adventures are designed for a lifetime of use. These digest-sized (5.5" x 8.5") products feature detached covers (with maps on the back) created using traditional off-set printing, very heavy card stock and aqueous coating. The black-and-white interiors are printed on extremely thick and durable paper (32 lb) that does not allow any bleed-though. The player handouts are printed on 100 lb card stock. All Appendix N Adventures come completely sealed in thick shrink-wrap and ship in non-bendable, chipboard mailers.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:00 am 

Delving Deeper?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:11 am 

Delving Deeper is still in production. I'm assisting in proofreading; I've finished Vol 1 and 2, and am working on Vol 3.

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:31 am 

John, I've just received and read your latest email update
I think it's a shame that your costs & donations have changed since the KS was put in place, but I guess that's part of your gamble when setting up a KS project.

However, I would increase my pledge if it helps.

Also, please put me down for a copy of the Dagger RPG kids game please :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

PreviousNext