(BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:12 pm 

$20 for 1 of everything inc the bonus levels seems like a fantastic deal to me.. are you actually making any $$$???

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:28 am 

beasterbrook wrote:$20 for 1 of everything inc the bonus levels seems like a fantastic deal to me.. are you actually making any $$$???

My sentiments exactly when I saw what he was doing...especially if/when it breaks all the stretch goals. As it is right now, I am getting 5 modules in print + PDF for $31 USD. Does anyone think he'll be selling them for $6 shipped once this is over? It just gets better and better the more people that support it. If it meets all bonus goals, I'll be getting 9 modules in print + PDF + a box or two all for $31. Who can pass it up especially with a known entity like BHP.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:14 pm 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/932 ... ?ref=users

For those looking to double down with DCC RPG Kickstarters, one of the other 'premier' initial third-party-publishers also has a kickstarter.

http://fallenempires.info/

Sunrunner44 - looking to corner the market on DCC RPG Third-party Kickstarter offerings.

PS - he also funded BHP, which warms my dark heart, too.

PPS - I hope no one already posted this, dammit all.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:57 pm 

This kickstarter is going to bankrupt Brave Halfling publishing .... I am so worried for Adams .... hoping he did his math, cause I'm upping my pledge.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:28 am 

With the update about the Bonus level at $15K, I'm even more glad I bought into this one now!

And damn you sunrunner44, no need to post more goodies......

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:05 pm 

Hit the 4k mark in 5 days....I now get 7 modules in print for my $31 investment 8O

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:08 am 

GreyM wrote:Hit the 4k mark in 5 days....I now get 7 modules in print for my $31 investment 8O

I know, astonishing :) :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:51 pm 

GreyM wrote:Hit the 4k mark in 5 days....I now get 7 modules in print for my $31 investment 8O

I don't see it.  Where does the kickstarter mention 7 modules?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:59 pm 

At the $31 level you get multiple copies of some modules, for 7 total various copies when the kickstarter was at $4K in funding.  I don't think Grey M meant 7 different modules.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:18 pm 

jarloch wrote:At the $31 level you get multiple copies of some modules, for 7 total various copies when the kickstarter was at $4K in funding.  I don't think Grey M meant 7 different modules.

Maybe I have the wrong link.  All I see is  Fallen Empires link that does not have the $31 option even listed.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:37 pm 

The link takes you to the wrong kickstarter. You want Brave Halfling's:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/177 ... pg-modules

Also known as "The First Kickstarter to Bankrupt a Publisher"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:13 pm 

goatboy wrote:The link takes you to the wrong kickstarter. You want Brave Halfling's:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/177 ... pg-modules

Also known as "The First Kickstarter to Bankrupt a Publisher"

Thank you.  That makes much more sense.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:10 pm 

Yep....sorry about that

I meant at the $31 backer level I will (at the current funded level) get :

2 copies of "Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1: "The Ruins of Ramat" (for backing at the $31 dollar level)
1 copies of "Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1a: "The Witch of Wydfield" (for backing at the $31 dollar level)
2 copies of "Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #2: "The Crumbling Tower." (stretch goal #1 reached)
2 copies of "Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #3: "Danger in the Sulyndri Forrest." (stretch goal #2 reached)
2 copies of "Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #4: "The Revenge of Abudakar." (stretch goal #3 reached)

9 total modules in print, 4 modules in PDF. Now they're down to $3.44/each per print module.

The next stretch goal is the box at 10,000.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:41 pm 

Great email update from John, appreciate these bonuses, I'm even more glad that I'm at $31 already :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:10 pm 

goatboy wrote:This kickstarter is going to bankrupt Brave Halfling publishing .... I am so worried for Adams .... hoping he did his math, cause I'm upping my pledge.

I'm a little concerned for John here, I've just had a read through on the Kickstarter page and if I read it correctly, the bonus goal items will be shipped out seperately.  I can't believe this can be done, especially with international shipping.  I'd happily wait until everything is ready, but despite reading John's latest update, still can't believe this can be done even in one shipping without a hefty loss.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:36 pm 

But isn't he also saying that he's going to get money back on the retail units and also just wants to put games in people's hands?
Whilst I'd not want John to lose money, I think he's clear that he doesn't intend to make $1000s in this.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:31 am 

ashmire13 wrote:But isn't he also saying that he's going to get money back on the retail units and also just wants to put games in people's hands?
Whilst I'd not want John to lose money, I think he's clear that he doesn't intend to make $1000s in this.

making $1000's?? more like loosing $1000's.. I for am am not going to be getting it shipped to me..maybe getting the package shipped to Mike or pay extra for shipping as at the moment I have only ordered the$20.. that gets me one of everything.. just shipping the boxed set to me with everything in it will cost something like $35us.. since my pledge is $20.. thats a net loss of $15 + the cost of the materials... and thats if everthing is shipped at once.. I would hate to see the figs if its seperate.. these things will have to be "cheeply" made to reduce costs I suppose.. I would really like to see the numbers he is using here.. its a lot of $$ to loose..

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:22 am 

I appreciate that Brette. John states that he doesn't see KS projects as a particularly ethical way to make $1000's but all he wants to do is put games in people's hands. As a 'punt' I get exactly what he's saying, start of cheaply and with reputation and a good product, you'll score back because his next venture (if he plans one) will be priced still reasonably but in a way that those who bought in early will want more and therefore he'll win.

I wasn't sure that the pledges we'd made so far covered shipping, but as you say, I'd be willing to cover that if it's necessary.

Of course, I don't want John to lose money, especially as he has been in a similar position for me, being out of work for so many months, but he seems confident in his game plan and I'll support him on that.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

PreviousNext