(BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:31 am 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/177 ... pg-modules

Please note that at a number of pledge levels, I have set up two lines of rewards - one designed for for Gamers and another for Collectors!

Brave Halfling Publishing is proud to announce our new line of adventure modules in support of the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG by Goodman Games!

Each Appendix N Adventure provides Game Masters with a challenging adventure that can easily be dropped into an existing campaign, as well as an inspirational module map and a set of illustrated player handouts. Each also contains new monsters, unique enemies, creative traps and bizarre settings to challenge players, and inspirational ideas for expanding the campaign and launch points into further adventures for the Game Master.

Physically, Appendix N Adventures are designed for a lifetime of use. These digest-sized (5.5" x 8.5") products feature detached covers (with maps on the back) created using traditional off-set printing, very heavy card stock and aqueous coating. The black-and-white interiors are printed on extremely thick and durable paper (32 lb) that does not allow any bleed-though. The player handouts are printed on 100 lb card stock. All Appendix N Adventures come completely sealed in thick shrink-wrap and ship in non-bendable, chipboard mailers.

Brave Halfling Publishing

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:03 am 

Awesome! Thanks for making 2 lines of pledges. THat's helpful.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:41 pm 

Backed...looking forward to where you're going to take the DCC RPG

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:57 pm 

Hey John,

looks to be a cool project. Just a quick question about the $200 level. It says you will receive the first ten print copies of the module but there's 5 people who can back it at that level. How are those five each going to get the first 10 copies ? Or is it 2 copies each ? Or maybe I'm just reading it completely wrong.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:24 pm 

Thanks a bunch, guys!

xRalphx wrote:Hey John,

looks to be a cool project. Just a quick question about the $200 level. It says you will receive the first ten print copies of the module but there's 5 people who can back it at that level. How are those five each going to get the first 10 copies ? Or is it 2 copies each ? Or maybe I'm just reading it completely wrong.

Oh, I see what you mean. At this level, up to 5 different people can pledge here and EACH ONE one will get their own or your character's image immortalized in an Appendix N Adventure Toolkit color cover - that is five different covers. Each person who pledges here will get the first ten copies of the module that will have their color cover on it.

But I do have an advanced degree in confusion.

Last edited by John Adams on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:36 pm 

Funded in a little more than 12 hours...will be interesting to see how much gets raised and what stretch goals are reached.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:59 pm 

I need to scrape together $200 ....

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:22 am 

I'm up for this, but is it one module or a series, I'm not sure sorry...

If a series, how much is the pledge to get them all??

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:32 am 

Does everything have to be "signed and numbered?" Or is it signed on the wrapper?

I'm also for a level to get all of the series (with PDFs).

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:10 pm 

Let me try and answer some questions.

The adventures are a part of a numbered, line of modules (Appendix N Adventure Toolkits #1 - 4). But while there are some connectable parts in these modules (same general location), they are not in a series like the old TSR Slavers or Giants series.

The Kickstarter is already set up for folks to get EVERY module being offered (as long as all of the Bonus Goals are reached). I explain it under the "Bonus Goals" section:
Everyone who pledges $20 or more will also receive a pdf and print copies (the exact number is stated in each pledge level description) of every Bonus Goal product that is reached! This includes the final Bonus Goal too - the digest game box. These Bonus Goal products contain all the usual features of an Appendix N Adventure Toolkit and are shrink wrapped, signed, numbered just like the Basic Goal product.

The modules are signed and hand-numbered on the cover in the back.

Does that answer the questions you guys have? :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:53 pm 

Sorry if I'm being stupid John, but in that case, will $20 get me all the modules in PDF and print form? Or is it $20 for each module?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:27 pm 

I'm in, John. I enjoyed the DCC RPG book very much and would like to see the system succeed. Your product gives it just the right push. Looking forward to it.

PDT_Armataz_01_37

Hector.

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:42 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:Sorry if I'm being stupid John, but in that case, will $20 get me all the modules in PDF and print form? Or is it $20 for each module?

When you pledge $20 or more you get one pdf and one print copy of the basic module (Ruins of Ramat) and the limited edition module (Witch of Wydfield). You will also get a pdf and one print copy of each Bonus Goal module that the Kickstarter total reaches.

So if the kickstarter hits $2,500, you will also get a pdf and 1 print copy of Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #2: :"The Crumbling Tower." If the kickstarter reaches $4,000, then you will also get a pdf and 1 print copy of "Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #3: "Danger in the Sulyndri Forrest." If the kickstarter reaches $6,000, then you will get a pdf and 1 print copy of "Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #4: "The Revenge of Abudakar." And if the kickstarter reaches $10,000, you will also get 1 Appendix N Adventures Digest Game Box.

Using the example above if you pledge at the $50 level, you will get 3 print copies of each module and 5 print copies at the $100 pledge level.

It is actually quite a good deal if all of the Bonus Goals are reached.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:04 pm 

That's great John, thanks. I'm in.... :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:48 am 

Backing signed up, and I'm just curious, with these modules already written (printed?) if the top bonus level isn't reached for some reason, will those other modules ever be released?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:59 am 

ashmire13 wrote:Backing signed up, and I'm just curious, with these modules already written (printed?) if the top bonus level isn't reached for some reason, will those other modules ever be released?

The first two module is ready to be printed and the art for the special, limited edition module is being created right now. The three other modules still need art, layout and printing. But that is what this kickstarter is for - so that I can generate the funds to get the whole Appendix N line going. But yes, all of these modules (except the special, limited edition module just for this kickstarter) will still be released whether all of the bonus goals are reached or not.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:22 am 

Sounds very reasonable John.. I hope you break all the bonus levels :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:26 pm 

Hey John,

Looks great and I'm going in for $51  :D

I think it was lucky for me now that I couldn't make it to NTRPGcon this year.
Just too many of these projects to put your money into...

Best regards,
Ronald

Next