Pewter miniatures
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:08 am 

FYI, there are some "Partha" pewter miniatures up for sale on www.shopgoodwill.com.  I know nothing about them but thought some of you might be interested and there are no bids as of yet.  Looked like S/H cost for me would be about $14 (always pretty high at Goodwill).

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:34 pm 

staro wrote:FYI, there are some "Partha" pewter miniatures up for sale on http://www.shopgoodwill.com.  I know nothing about them but thought some of you might be interested and there are no bids as of yet.  Looked like S/H cost for me would be about $14 (always pretty high at Goodwill).

They appear to be chess pieces.  There are a lot of identical minis in there.  Unfortunately, even if all the lots were purchased, there would be quite a few pieces missing.   :(

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:54 pm 

The Partha Pewter minis (typically designated by stamp on the bottom that reads PP###) seemed to have been designed with the fantasy collector in mind, and not necessarily the gamer. Many of them have decorative crystals attached, things of that nature - not something you would paint up and use in your game. And yes, I have seen them used as chess pieces as well.

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:32 pm 

TollHouseGolem wrote:The Partha Pewter minis (typically designated by stamp on the bottom that reads PP###) seemed to have been designed with the fantasy collector in mind, and not necessarily the gamer. Many of them have decorative crystals attached, things of that nature - not something you would paint up and use in your game. And yes, I have seen them used as chess pieces as well.

Hi, just curious in regard to miniatures... I noticed the term "pre-slotta" being used.  I know this is something to do with the base... but cannot find an exact definition... any help?

Thanks

Tom aka DiscoDadda

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:49 pm 

Pre-slotta usually refers to early Citadel minis with integral or solid bases - basically before Citadel/Games Workshop started casting their minis with a tabbed base and mounted them in slotted plastic bases (Warhammer and Warhammer 40K, official Citadel AD&D, etc). Hope that helps!

Tom

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.