Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:27 pm 

...keep finding new things to drain money:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/206 ... te-dungeon

Sunrunner44 - sucker for such things

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:44 pm 

We know:  viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12711

:D

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, Pendragon, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based, CoC, Runequest

Planning: BRP/Harn

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:42 pm 

dammit, my main computer is down so I've gone semi-dark...  posting exciting new news and finding out it's old hat is mighty deflating.

Sunrunner44 - behind, in soooo many ways.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:37 pm 

Know what you mean, sunnrunner44.  Starting to both love and dread Kickstarter.

I have bought into only a few projects so far.  

Uneasy because:

1)  I cannot buy them all.  With no chance to pick up a copy later, I'm going to miss out on a lot of collectibles.

2)  Beginning to wonder exactly how many of them will really be collectibles.

3)  Wondering if this is the ultimate comment on game collecting and how it might be out of control.

4)  How valuable IS a publication when so many goodies are added to coax buyers up to higher levels that only a handful of people get them?  This is particularly true with modules and dungeon levels added only at the top levels...sort of automatically making the basic publication an incomplete copy.   :(

5) I can see a future where some project I really like prices itself out of reach and ends up not happening.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:41 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Know what you mean, sunnrunner44.  Starting to both love and dread Kickstarter.

5) I can see a future where some project I really like prices itself out of reach and ends up not happening.

I am 100% with you on #5 all the way. I think I am already priced out of some. I am ok with bonus stuff but not when it comes to the core product. Extra T-shirts, limited pieces of art, etc. are great and I am good with that.

I like the entire concept of KS but I can see KS fatigue as a reality. Too many products with too many levels are bothersome. At some point it looks too much like a money grab instead of a funding method. All that said, I will support the products I want and avoid those that I could care less about or the KS has that feel of a money grab. It is like everything else that gains popularity in a hurry - take what you want and leave the rest.
All that said, I have plans on launching a Kickstarter later this summer. It will be unlike any of the Kickstarters I have seen so far.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:00 pm 

I agree, KS products like the latest mega dungeon are going to be hugely priced, something I raised concerns over in another read already. I will stick with only those who's names I trust I think and who's products will be worth reading/integrating into a 1st ed AD&D style game.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:39 am 

The perfect Kickstarter: http://www.xkcd.com/1055/