Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:39 am 

Sounds idyllic

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:37 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:Sounds idyllic

As long as you ignore the occasional sloshing sound and tentacle, yeah ...

"Never let it be said I didn’t do the least I could do."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:42 pm 

Can cope with that lol

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:22 am 

this is a good BIN:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:50 am 

Was!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:15 pm 

aia wrote:this is a good BIN:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Glad to say I already have it.
And now that the omnibus edition of that AP is out I can keep my originals in good shape!

"Never let it be said I didn’t do the least I could do."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 pm 

Finished collecting all the pre-pathfinder Paizo modules... here are the 3.5/OGL versions :)  The production values of these are terrific, excellent art, layout - to me they are all visually very nice.

Attachment:
DSCN1821.JPG

Attachment:
DSCN1818.JPG

I have no intention of collecting *all* the PF items though, too many by far, even for me  :wink:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:15 pm 

There's an auction going at the moment for a rare gold foil special edition of the Pathfinder core rulebook. Only 200 copies were printed of this version.

Bid is currently at $865.

biddingforgood.com/auction/item/item.ac ... =220868751

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:39 pm 

Hi everyone, I've never played a PF game (but sure do have a lot of the books, good grief :))  I was wondering if someone could give me a quick primer or few key points of difference between Pathfinder and 3.5 rules and gameplay?

Thanks in advance!

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:28 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Pathfinder Collecting and Playing:Hi everyone, I've never played a PF game (but sure do have a lot of the books, good grief :))  I was wondering if someone could give me a quick primer or few key points of difference between Pathfinder and 3.5 rules and gameplay?

Thanks in advance!

Very similar, think of Pathfinder as 3.75, biggest difference is the change in grappling and non routine battling (disarming, tripping etc) and better turning rules and core characters.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:20 am 

Thanks Blackmoor :)  I'd understood the rules to be pretty similar, sounds like I could adjust on the fly.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:49 am 

Here's the Conversion Guide (free PDF download - requires an account on paizo.com) for 3.5 to Pathfinder:

http://paizo.com/products/btpy89m6/disc ... sion-Guide

Goes over converting existing characters, as well as changed mechanics/spells/etc.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:23 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Pathfinder Collecting and Playing:Finished collecting all the pre-pathfinder Paizo modules... here are the 3.5/OGL versions :)  The production values of these are terrific, excellent art, layout - to me they are all visually very nice.

Attachment:
DSCN1821.JPG

Attachment:
DSCN1818.JPG

I have no intention of collecting *all* the PF items though, too many by far, even for me  :wink:

This is awesome, makes me wart to start a new collection!

SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!

Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:25 pm 

Paizo just sent me a reminder, their second edition playtest pre-order is due in today.

Anyone else on board?  I'm on the fence, I'm a sucker for Limited releases but do I need a second edition of this?  Clearly not, but the books look very nice.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:30 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Pathfinder Collecting and Playing:Paizo just sent me a reminder, their second edition playtest pre-order is due in today.

Anyone else on board?  I'm on the fence, I'm a sucker for Limited releases but do I need a second edition of this?  Clearly not, but the books look very nice.

I am getting it.  But I get almost everything  :oops:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 6:43 pm 

Ok I'm in the weeds a bit here, I could use an assist...

Burnt Offerings alternate covers, copies were available at GenCon 2007 and presumably on their webstore afterwards.

I have two copies, there's a yellow halo around one cover, the other is a solid white.  I'd assumed one just had some sunlight damage but I was loking closer this evening - the yellow is on the front and back covers, and neatly outlines the shape of the art.

I'm speculating one is a genuine GenCon release, one was printed up after to meet store demand.  Thoughts?  If so, which is which?

Attachment:
a.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:46 am 

Thunderdave wrote in Pathfinder Collecting and Playing:
I'm speculating one is a genuine GenCon release, one was printed up after to meet store demand.  Thoughts?  If so, which is which?

Interesting, mine is mostly white but it has the slightest amount of yellow tinge on the right side. It was the first copy purchased from Paizo’s booth in 2007. I don’t believe these were reprinted as they had the more common regular cover for that. Speculation on my part but I think it may just be ink variances during the printing process

Cheers,
Curt

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 6:05 pm 

cgould42 wrote in Pathfinder Collecting and Playing:
Interesting, mine is mostly white but it has the slightest amount of yellow tinge on the right side. It was the first copy purchased from Paizo’s booth in 2007. I don’t believe these were reprinted as they had the more common regular cover for that. Speculation on my part but I think it may just be ink variances during the printing process

Cheers,
Curt

Mine is the same as Curt's, also purchased at Gencon way back

PreviousNext