Slumbering Tsar has arrived at my warehouse
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:11 pm 

Greg arrives in 13 days to start signing and shipping. The book is better looking than I had even hoped. You guys should be very pleased. Really funny thing happened on delivery (news and a photo soon)!

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:32 pm 

tsathogga wrote:Greg arrives in 13 days to start signing and shipping. The book is better looking than I had even hoped. You guys should be very pleased. Really funny thing happened on delivery (news and a photo soon)!

Between Rappan Athuk and OGRE I'd completely forgotten about Tsar being due this month. This is excellent news.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:51 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
tsathogga wrote:Greg arrives in 13 days to start signing and shipping. The book is better looking than I had even hoped. You guys should be very pleased. Really funny thing happened on delivery (news and a photo soon)!

Between Rappan Athuk and OGRE I'd completely forgotten about Tsar being due this month. This is excellent news.

8O  This, Rappan and Hyperborea are my main look forwards to, right now. It does seem that the gaming world is getting some amazing products released.

Bill, random question here... Would it be feasible/easy to convert Tsar to S&W at your end and release that as a PDF only product to save printing costs?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:58 pm 

Possible--we have looked at doing that--it is 350,000 words though--and honestly I am not sure it would translate well without significant modification. We MAY do it sometime, at least as a pdf. Not sure a market exists (enough of one) to do a real book. Let me ponder that one and see if I can get someone to do it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:01 pm 

tsathogga wrote:Possible--we have looked at doing that--it is 350,000 words though--and honestly I am not sure it would translate well without significant modification. We MAY do it sometime, at least as a pdf. Not sure a market exists (enough of one) to do a real book. Let me ponder that one and see if I can get someone to do it.

A PDF Tsar for S&W has one definite buyer here....  :)
Good luck with considering it

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:14 pm 

http://tsathogga.blogspot.com/

look it up:)--that is the actual truck that delivered the books today.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:21 pm 

tsathogga wrote:Possible--we have looked at doing that--it is 350,000 words though--and honestly I am not sure it would translate well without significant modification. We MAY do it sometime, at least as a pdf. Not sure a market exists (enough of one) to do a real book. Let me ponder that one and see if I can get someone to do it.

I've started work on an AD&D version but it requires a great deal of modification. [spoiler]From the start I couldn't reconcile the base camp with it's outright evil inhabitants and instead it became the first big combat encounter for the players who enter it, fight there way out, and return to besiege it (mostly laying waste to it with a great deal of help) before proceeding to reestablish it and then set out to Tsar. The next big thing was a revision of the wastelands around Tsar.[/spoiler] I haven't even started with Tsar proper.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:25 pm 

tsathogga wrote:http://tsathogga.blogspot.com/

look it up:)--that is the actual truck that delivered the books today.

Where is the road?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:03 pm 

Its my driveway--I live on a farm.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:11 am 

An AD&D version would be even better, but I thought S&W would be easier for Bill as its their source material

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"