DCC RPG: Hard cover rule book
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 6 of 10123, 4, 5, 6, 78910
Author


Sage Collector

Posts: 2554
Joined: Jul 25, 2007
Last Visit: Jan 06, 2024
Location: Far Harad, Texas

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:03 am 
 

FormCritic wrote:Am I alone in thinking that the deluxe edition just looks kinda goofy?


That's what makes it rock & roll - both totally cool & totally stupid.

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 445
Joined: Apr 13, 2008
Last Visit: Jul 03, 2024
Location: Ohio

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:16 am 
 

sauromatian wrote:
FormCritic wrote:Am I alone in thinking that the deluxe edition just looks kinda goofy?


That's what makes it rock & roll - both totally cool & totally stupid.


The cover was done by Kovacs and there is a "hidden message" in it that shows just another way how this game is considered an "homage" back to the glory days.



I just saw that the limited cover is available from nobleknight if you would rather take a chance with their shipping (and hopefully no damaged corners when it was shipped to them). It's $16 USD cheaper than ordering directly from Goodman Games.

nobleknight.com/ProductDetail.asp_Q_Pro ... GenreID_E_

BUT they are sold out of the regular edition and the first module.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:17 am 
 

There is at least one seller on e-Bay who is selling the regular version for less than cover price.
I am feeling ripped off by Goodman Games big time.
Paid full price and got two damaged books for my troubles by trusting in the Goodman brand.
And I was mistaken that the Limited Edition was truly limited and that they would never be available anywhere else or at any other time.
The Module extra... same as above, Very exclusive and limited as the Black Cover book..... NOT!

I should have waited.
The other companies that are now selling these books will no doubt ship the books better/safer and I would have paid less for each copy. :cry:
One wonders how cheap those other companies got those books for.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

** Banned **

Posts: 1213
Joined: Aug 04, 2009
Last Visit: Nov 02, 2013

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:16 am 
 

FormCritic wrote:(Am I alone in thinking that the deluxe edition just looks kinda goofy?)


Nope. It looks ridiculous.


Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3823
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Dec 17, 2021

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:18 am 
 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:There is at least one seller on e-Bay who is selling the regular version for less than cover price.
I am feeling ripped off by Goodman Games big time.
Paid full price and got two damaged books for my troubles by trusting in the Goodman brand.
And I was mistaken that the Limited Edition was truly limited and that they would never be available anywhere else or at any other time.
The Module extra... same as above, Very exclusive and limited as the Black Cover book..... NOT!

I should have waited.
The other companies that are now selling these books will no doubt ship the books better/safer and I would have paid less for each copy. :cry:
One wonders how cheap those other companies got those books for.


I can't remember if FRP games is good at packaging or not. I know that I picked up a bunch of Castle Zagyg's from them without a problem back when they were being liquadated.

I am shocked that Goodman wholesaled any of the limited edition. 1,000 copies was perhaps too ambitious. Would have done better as a kickstarter.

The regular edition was going to go to secondary sellers and FLGS but this discounting seems  bit aggressive so early in its release.


"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2589
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 11, 2023
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:46 pm 
 

JasonZavoda wrote:I can't remember if FRP games is good at packaging or not.


I've been happy with them over a few purchases.  Had a big order the last time they had an extensive sale and all was well.


Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1642
Joined: Mar 08, 2008
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2024
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:18 pm 
 

Anyone find the hidden image?


I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3823
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Dec 17, 2021

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:42 pm 
 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Cheapest price that I've seen so far but I don;t think it includes the bonus module.


"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 248
Joined: May 15, 2012
Last Visit: Jul 11, 2024
Location: Wisconsin

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:43 pm 
 

I got one of the gold foil ones from Noble Knight for the "cheaper" price deciding to wait until release instead of preordering.  It also arrived in very nice condition without the bumped corner issues the majority of you were describing.  Makes me wonder too how "limited" this really is since I got one like this.  One of my friends preordered it months ago and his arrived banged up just like the others I read about.  As to the hidden message, I'm not smart enough to figure it out... that, and I didn't really look very hard.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:38 pm 
 

Did it include the limited adventure module?


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 445
Joined: Apr 13, 2008
Last Visit: Jul 03, 2024
Location: Ohio

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:37 pm 
 

JasonZavoda wrote:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Cheapest price that I've seen so far but I don;t think it includes the bonus module.


About the same price my local store is selling it for (roughly $36USD)...and that one did not come with the module either.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 248
Joined: May 15, 2012
Last Visit: Jul 11, 2024
Location: Wisconsin

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:33 pm 
 

Hi Gnat, yes it did include the module.  That was in great shape too.  Following on what I read earlier I removed the sticky stuff so the module is "loose".  Whole enchilada, as advertised.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:45 am 
 

Awesome, congratulations on a good purchase.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4754
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 13, 2024
Location: Caddo Mills, TX

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:13 pm 
 

I checked with Lone Star Comics here in Plano last week and they had four copies they preordered through Diamond Distributors.  Three of the regular version and one of the deluxe.  All four of them contained the module and as of yesterday they are already sold out.  Of the two I saw on the shelf they were in perfect condition.


You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 762
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Last Visit: May 16, 2024
Location: Dallas, TX

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:59 pm 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I checked with Lone Star Comics here in Plano last week and they had four copies they preordered through Diamond Distributors.  Three of the regular version and one of the deluxe.  All four of them contained the module and as of yesterday they are already sold out.  Of the two I saw on the shelf they were in perfect condition.

Do you know what price they were listed for? I might swing by and pick one up (should they become available). The special edition cover looks great, but I could do without the module. The reviews for DCC seem to be pretty positive from what I've read; far less so for 5ED.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4754
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 13, 2024
Location: Caddo Mills, TX

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:41 pm 
 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
Kingofpain89 wrote:I checked with Lone Star Comics here in Plano last week and they had four copies they preordered through Diamond Distributors.  Three of the regular version and one of the deluxe.  All four of them contained the module and as of yesterday they are already sold out.  Of the two I saw on the shelf they were in perfect condition.

Do you know what price they were listed for?

Retail price....same as you can buy them from Goodman sans the shipping cost.


You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1642
Joined: Mar 08, 2008
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2024
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:27 pm 
 

Just in the interest of illustrating the DCC RPG  release... I'm very pleased with the product so far and am glad of its support, I will be buying the supps (but won't be buying the pants) :)
Attachment:
DCC.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 212
Joined: Mar 12, 2007
Last Visit: Jul 02, 2024
Location: Arundel, UK

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:14 am 
 

davidc wrote:(but won't be buying the pants) :)

If they did sell DCC pants I would probably buy them:)  They would be some sort of 70's stylee y-fronts in psychadelic colours but using new, cutting-edge materials?  Perhaps cancel the cutting-edge bit.  Need to keep cutting edges out of pants. :)

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 6 of 10123, 4, 5, 6, 78910