DCC RPG: Hard cover rule book
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:17 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:66.5 is only available to people who preordered the DCC RPG rulebook.

Goodman Games wrote:This adventure module is available exclusively by pre-ordering DCC RPG before it releases! The first 1,000 copies of DCC RPG will have this adventure module inserted as a free pre-order incentive. It is not available for sale separately.

Hi,

apparently not so.

The Limited edition, including module, is available freely from distributors.

If I'd known, it would have been cheaper for me to order it from them. Ho hum.

Cheers,
KAL

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:01 am 

Perhaps the deluxe version is available from third parties because it has not yet exceeded 1000 sales.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:06 am 

FormCritic wrote:Perhaps the deluxe version is available from third parties because it has not yet exceeded 1000 sales.

From what was said about the Limited edition it would have to come with the bonus module. It was a surprise that the regular edition had one as well.

What seems strange is the $9.99 price tag on the bonus module, making it seem that it will be for sale separately.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:12 am 

FormCritic wrote:Perhaps the deluxe version is available from third parties because it has not yet exceeded 1000 sales.

I pre-ordered the first week of March or so, and Joseph said I was one of the "early" pre-orders (good thing I didn't pre-order back in November ;-) ). I don't think they've released numbers though, but I would be surprised if they haven't sold the 1000 yet. Then again, who knows how many people have actually ordered it. I pre-ordered the "limited edition gold foil cover" to support them directly and I went to my local store to order the normal cover to support them. They had no clue what it was when I asked if they were getting the DCC RPG in or if they could order it back in March. I stopped in a couple of weeks ago and asked about the "Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG" and they knew about it then. Ordered it from them...wonder if that will have the module in it too.

Last edited by GreyM on Fri May 25, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:13 am 

Versimilitude wrote:
Kingofpain89 wrote:66.5 is only available to people who preordered the DCC RPG rulebook.

Hi,

apparently not so.

The Limited edition, including module, is available freely from distributors.

If I'd known, it would have been cheaper for me to order it from them. Ho hum.

Cheers,
KAL

Apparently Joseph Goodman changed his mind back in February but didnt update the main ordering page.

goodmangames wrote:There will be a cutoff for pre-orders (April 1). All the printer quotes I've been working on so far have been based on inserting the free module into the first 1,000 printed copies. But if by April 1 there are more than 1,000 pre-orders then I will print up some more copies of the module to make sure everyone comes out okay. That April 1 cutoff should allow me time to still adjust the print quantities.

So for all the copies that were pre-ordered before April 1st whether it was through Goodman directly or through Diamond Distributors or anyone else, they will contain the free module.  So there could be ten thousand of them out there.  :scratch:  

Technically the statement is still correct, just not about there only being 1000 of them.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:18 am 

GreyM wrote:Wonder if that will have the module in it too.

My FLGS has both of them.  The regular version was just sitting out on the shelf without the module.  But the limited foil version was bagged and taped up with the module inside.  Course I cant say for sure if one of the employees didnt just yank the module out of the regular version (if it even had one to begin with) to keep but they are pretty strict about what goes on in their stores.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:58 pm 

Hi,

I didnt pre-order it from my distributor, and I don't remember on it being on their pre-order form.
Its possible I missed it I guess.

However, as they have only just got it, I would be surprised if they pre-ordered either.

Lovely...

Cheers,
KAL

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:52 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:

From what was said about the Limited edition it would have to come with the bonus module. It was a surprise that the regular edition had one as well.

What seems strange is the $9.99 price tag on the bonus module, making it seem that it will be for sale separately.

They pretty much had to include the bonus module with the basic rule book because they cooked up the deluxe edition well after pre-orders were underway.  

And, as I recall, the website offered the module with any pre-order.

(Am I alone in thinking that the deluxe edition just looks kinda goofy?)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:53 pm 

GreyM wrote:
FormCritic wrote: Ordered it from them...wonder if that will have the module in it too.

What I wonder is if the module will still be in the book when you get it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:09 pm 

Sounds to me like DCC have dropped the ball on the packaging and the limited module....

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:03 am 

FormCritic wrote:Am I alone in thinking that the deluxe edition just looks kinda goofy?

That's what makes it rock & roll - both totally cool & totally stupid.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:16 am 

sauromatian wrote:
FormCritic wrote:Am I alone in thinking that the deluxe edition just looks kinda goofy?

That's what makes it rock & roll - both totally cool & totally stupid.

The cover was done by Kovacs and there is a "hidden message" in it that shows just another way how this game is considered an "homage" back to the glory days.

I just saw that the limited cover is available from nobleknight if you would rather take a chance with their shipping (and hopefully no damaged corners when it was shipped to them). It's $16 USD cheaper than ordering directly from Goodman Games.

nobleknight.com/ProductDetail.asp_Q_Pro ... GenreID_E_

BUT they are sold out of the regular edition and the first module.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:17 am 

There is at least one seller on e-Bay who is selling the regular version for less than cover price.
I am feeling ripped off by Goodman Games big time.
Paid full price and got two damaged books for my troubles by trusting in the Goodman brand.
And I was mistaken that the Limited Edition was truly limited and that they would never be available anywhere else or at any other time.
The Module extra... same as above, Very exclusive and limited as the Black Cover book..... NOT!

I should have waited.
The other companies that are now selling these books will no doubt ship the books better/safer and I would have paid less for each copy. :cry:
One wonders how cheap those other companies got those books for.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:16 am 

FormCritic wrote:(Am I alone in thinking that the deluxe edition just looks kinda goofy?)

Nope. It looks ridiculous.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:18 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:There is at least one seller on e-Bay who is selling the regular version for less than cover price.
I am feeling ripped off by Goodman Games big time.
Paid full price and got two damaged books for my troubles by trusting in the Goodman brand.
And I was mistaken that the Limited Edition was truly limited and that they would never be available anywhere else or at any other time.
The Module extra... same as above, Very exclusive and limited as the Black Cover book..... NOT!

I should have waited.
The other companies that are now selling these books will no doubt ship the books better/safer and I would have paid less for each copy. :cry:
One wonders how cheap those other companies got those books for.

I can't remember if FRP games is good at packaging or not. I know that I picked up a bunch of Castle Zagyg's from them without a problem back when they were being liquadated.

I am shocked that Goodman wholesaled any of the limited edition. 1,000 copies was perhaps too ambitious. Would have done better as a kickstarter.

The regular edition was going to go to secondary sellers and FLGS but this discounting seems  bit aggressive so early in its release.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:46 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:I can't remember if FRP games is good at packaging or not.

I've been happy with them over a few purchases.  Had a big order the last time they had an extensive sale and all was well.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:18 pm 

Anyone find the hidden image?

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:42 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Cheapest price that I've seen so far but I don;t think it includes the bonus module.

PreviousNext