DCC RPG: Hard cover rule book
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:54 pm 

No worries :)

Edit - plus pointing out that the exclusives wild already, where it's noted above that it was thought to only be #66.5

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:24 pm 

Just as a follow on to my previous note.

GG got back to me VERY quickly and apologised, and have sent me  a pdf to be going along with. Later that day, a single copy of the book turned up at my door, rather than the amount I was expecting!!

I have contacted GG to see if they'll sort it (and I feel confident they will at the moment)

In the meantime - Dave I've PM'd you - FWIW the book is a beast and definitely worth having!!! (And it was undamaged in shipping!!)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:58 am 

They sent me an unlimited version as a replacement...gotta email them again

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:51 pm 

GG have once again replied very quickly with an apology for their oversight - and on the weekend too!!

They have promised to put it right, so I'm a happy bunny at the moment.

Though my initial post was a moan, so far I can't complain by the way GG have acted to make matters better - and that surely shows decent customer service.

(and I'm glad I bought it as well, it looks like great stuff from a brief skim - I'll probably never manage to plough through the whole book, but at least I can bludgeon would be burglars to death with it - it certainly is a monstrous book :D )

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:20 am 

simonmwh wrote:Anyway on a more serious note....after being out of Goodman since the end of the 3E I have taken the plunge and coughed up for the 'limited' edition.  Looks like I may have a 4-5 week wait but I'm guessing it will be worth it.

Arrived today in mint condition.  Two week international delivery time.  No problems and speedy.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:07 pm 

Well my hardcovers came damaged as well, Goodman just gave me a refund so I am happy with that.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:26 pm 

Mine arrived today, (cheers gyg) and its in good nick too, so I'm happy with that :)

Looking forward to the Appendix N series of mods now too

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:31 am 

From over on the goodman forums

goodmangames wrote:Thanks to everyone for posting the errata identified in this thread. The second printing has been sent to the printer, and it addresses everything identified here (including an index). When I get a chance I will type out answers to the various open questions in this thread, as corrected in the second printing.

The first printing will likely sell out (from our warehouse) in the next 7-14 days. Get it while you can!

And Doug is working on a kickass new cover for the second alternate cover edition...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:16 pm 

Congratulations to Goodman on selling out their first print run!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:11 pm 

new one arrived yesterday--mint shape--thanks GG

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:26 pm 

Got another parcel from Goodman today, they have certainly made good with their promises to me, so I cannot fault them in this regard.

(I probably still paid too much for the book though - my own fault for impatience as I should have known that this would quickly filter through to resellers. Let's face it though, its not the first time, and certainly won't be the last time I overpay for an rpg book :D )

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:00 pm 

Just got my gold foil embossed beauty today from NKG... pristine shape and I must say an impressive tome to say the least! hope the beauty is more than skin deep :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:40 pm 

So it seems there's another limited edition version of the rulebook coming out.

http://www.goodman-games.com/5070Wpreview.html

Also DCC#71 The 13th skull has a limited edition cover.

Although I hope to one day complete my DCC collection, I do hope Goodman Games is not going to release a limited edition of every second book they publish.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:18 pm 

And now they add correct shipping amount for international order  :twisted:  I was happy to pay only $4 to France...

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:59 am 

Is the game good? is it worth playing or collecting?

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:26 pm 

red_bus wrote:Is the game good? is it worth playing or collecting?

The DCC RPG is pretty much like any other RPG.  If you have a good GM the game is going to be good.  Bad GM....well you get the idea.  I played it last year at NTRPG with Harley Stroh as the GM.  He ran DCC 72: Beyond the Black Gate (which I just bought) and it was one of the most memorable games I've played in.  A couple of the other Acaeum members who played in the game will most likely agree.

The mechanics are definitely different, especially in regards to magic use.  Spells can fail or do all sorts of unexpected, wacky things.  And then there are the dice.  You will be wanting to use the odd, rarely used d3, d5, d14, d16 and d24 the rules call for.  You can work the math out using normal dice but it helps to have the Zocchi ones handy.

As for collectability.....I dunno how much rarer the limited black & gold covered DCC rulebook is than the regular cover but I've seen quite a few of the regular cover version in local stores recently and none of the limited version.  I just picked up a copy of the limited cover of DCC #71 and its pretty awesome.  Nice and shiny!  :D   And I also preordered the special edition gold foil Dungeon Alphabet from Goodman as well.  It's supposed to be expanded compared to the original version I already have so I gotta have it.  Regardless of which version of the rulebook you purchase, its a beautiful book.  Lots of great old school artwork.  I consider it to be superior to Ptolus and Slumbering Tsar in production values.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:16 pm 

I also had the good fortune to play a DCC game with Harley at Gen Con and had a similar experience; one of the most memorable games ever. The rulebook is packed with great art and has a great humor throughout. The magic system as well as clerics relationships with their deities are set up to remind you that mere mortals best not trifle with powers they don't understand. Hilarity ensues! I agree with King, collectibility is debatable, but I highly recommend the book for playing/enjoyment sake.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:45 pm 

I think as Kingofpain & Ligmancer, is it a very interesting game. I have read it with pleasure... I really hope to have on opportunity to play it.
And it is a very beautiful item.

About collectibility, well,'debatable' is the right word. I bought the Gold Foil Cover and it am very happy with it.
As xRalphx wrote, there will be another limited edition / alternate cover release in the forthcoming weeks. And it seems that there will be another, later... but I didn't find any other informations except that from the Goodman Games forum :

GG forum wrote:FIRST PRINT
Limited-Edition Gold Foil Cover (1st print; May 2012)
Blue Cover; or "Guy and Portal" cover (1st print; May 2012) Cover art by Doug Kovacs
SECOND PRINT
Blue Cover (2nd print; TBA 2012) Cover art by Doug Kovacs
Alternate Cover #1; or "Wizard" cover (2nd print; October 2012) Cover art by Doug Kovacs
Alternate Cover #2 (2nd print; December 2012) Cover art by TSR Artist

Link to the topic

PreviousNext