DCC RPG: Hard cover rule book
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:20 am 

Anyway on a more serious note....after being out of Goodman since the end of the 3E I have taken the plunge and coughed up for the 'limited' edition.  Looks like I may have a 4-5 week wait but I'm guessing it will be worth it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:33 am 

In case I've missed it posted somewhere aleeady, are there any DCCRPG modules or extras yet, apart from the BHP kickstarter that's advertised here?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:36 am 

ashmire13 wrote:In case I've missed it posted somewhere aleeady, are there any DCCRPG modules or extras yet, apart from the BHP kickstarter that's advertised here?

I don't think anyone's posted a list on here, but here's the link to the forums over at their website:

3rd Party Publishers --> http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=70

Goodman Games Modules --> http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=78

I was told that DCC67 Sailors on the Starless Sea and DCC68 People of the Pit were both shipping and in stores, but I haven't received either yet.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:54 pm 

hmm...still have not received my replacement--wonder if I get it in Dallas?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:11 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:In case I've missed it posted somewhere aleeady, are there any DCCRPG modules or extras yet, apart from the BHP kickstarter that's advertised here?

I picked up the second "official" module (DCC #67 - The People in the Pit) at my local shop. They said they received it late last week and they've already sold out of the rule book and only had 1 copy of 67 left with 3 copies of DCC #66. They are very happy with how well it has been selling.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:00 pm 

I received DCC 67 Sailors on the Starless Sea today direct from Goodman.

I pre-ordered both #67 and #68, so I had to pay shipping twice.  Possibly, #68 is coming in another package in a day or so...?

I haven't read the module yet and probably won't until after PaicoCon, just in case I get a chance to play it at the convention.

My only comment so far is that #67 seems a bit thin on page count.  But then, Steading of the Hill Giant Chieftain was only 16 pages too.  8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:38 am 

I accept this is probably taboo, but unfortunately the DCCRPG book is already out there in the wild as a PDF and it includes the limited modules inside too....

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:55 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:I accept this is probably taboo, but unfortunately the DCCRPG book is already out there in the wild as a PDF and it includes the limited modules inside too....

So.. not so limited after all.

Sheese....   ripped off yet again. :roll:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:14 pm 

I guess that you can't trust everyone who bought a copy, not to PDF it and upload it anywhere.

However, your copies are print and resaleable in the future.

I must admit, I'd question buying from GG due to the 'exclusive' module not being so exclusive and the crap packaging.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:28 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:.

I must admit, I'd question buying from GG due to the 'exclusive' module not being so exclusive and the crap packaging.

I shan't be sending GG any more of my money I'm afraid.
As it goes I can now buy the book on ebay UK for far cheaper than I ordered it direct from Goodman - that is irritating enough, but when they tell me that 23 days passed from me paying them to them sending the book then I am absolutely furious.

Unfortunately I still haven't had the (multiple) books that I ordered so I can't comment on the item itself - safe to say though, Goodman Games will NOT be getting the "benefit of the doubt" if there is anything wrong with the books when they finally arrive. Generally I am quite easy-going with stuff and tend to let things slide, but if there is any issue with my product then I'm going straight to the credit card company.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:49 pm 

I've noticed before that ordering anything direct from an RPG manufacturer is a good way to pay more; the resellers almost immediately have the same item for sale for less days after the release.  It doesn't seem to me to be a good way to build customer loyalty.  But it isn't solely GG doing this.

My book came with a little ding on a corner, but otherwise was in pretty good shape.  Having bought only the limited edition from GG, I've now ordered the regular book cheaper from a reseller.  As to artwork quality, I would have to say the DCC RPG exceeded my expectations, and while it seems a bit overcomplicated to me, I remain impressed with the work and expect at some point to give it a try (in addition to the games I have played and will play at conventions).  So I will remain a customer.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:56 pm 

Agreeded.. nothing annoys me more than this..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:31 pm 

The adventures in the pdf that I have seen are the ones from last year's Free RPG Day starter, not the #66.5: Doom of the Savage Kings exclusive.  Doesn't mean that it won't show up, but I haven't seen it pop up in the usual spots yet.  So you still have exclusivity for now.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:07 am 

Bracton wrote:I've noticed before that ordering anything direct from an RPG manufacturer is a good way to pay more; the resellers almost immediately have the same item for sale for less days after the release.  It doesn't seem to me to be a good way to build customer loyalty.  But it isn't solely GG doing this.

My book came with a little ding on a corner, but otherwise was in pretty good shape.  Having bought only the limited edition from GG, I've now ordered the regular book cheaper from a reseller.

I did the same. I ordered the "limited edition" directly from Goodman to support them and picked up the regular cover at the local spot.

I don't really understand why there is a lot of disgruntled people on here in regards to the availability of unofficial pdfs that someone scanned.  Just about anything today that is in print will eventually make its way into pdf format. Now I'm not condoning people doing it, but its not going to affect what I purchase or don't purchase in print. I think someone said that some of Bill Barsh's Pacesetter modules are floating around in pdf but I don't hold that against him and it doesn't stop me from continuing to purchase his stuff. Hell, didn't someone on here scan in Castle Zagyg for his own private use?

Just my 2 cents.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:51 am 

TheHistorian wrote:The adventures in the pdf that I have seen are the ones from last year's Free RPG Day starter, not the #66.5: Doom of the Savage Kings exclusive.  Doesn't mean that it won't show up, but I haven't seen it pop up in the usual spots yet.  So you still have exclusivity for now.

I have a PDF copy of the DCCRPG book, including foil cover and the two adventures that were exclusive... :(

Gyg, if you're comfortable with it, kill the order and we'll buy it elsewhere

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:04 pm 

As for the above, re: pirating .... just, wow. Classy.

Anyhow, it looks like the book might be going into a second printing, with errata and an index.

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 443#p83443

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:07 pm 

goatboy wrote:As for the above, re: pirating .... just, wow. Classy.

Anyhow, it looks like the book might be going into a second printing, with errata and an index.

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 443#p83443

I'm not agreeing with pirating, nor am I putting copies out there.

I was just pointing out that there's a copy out there in PDF within weeks of its release.

The only item I am aware that hasnt been pirated is Castle Zagyg

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:35 pm 

Ash, understood. My apologies.

PreviousNext