Gary Gygax's Fantasy Worlds Essential Places
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:08 am 

Gary Gygax's Fantasy Worlds Essential Places

Does anyone know if this was ever released? I can find a picture of the cover and an isbn number (as well as several retailers listing it as out of stock) but the stock number says 3007 which is the Cosmo Builder stock number. Was this book changed? Or unfinished? Was Cosmo Builder released instead of it?

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:19 pm 

Essential Places VIII (what I wrote in a want list I use) then became VII - never made it to print I believe.  VIII is the Cosmo Builder which was released.  I also have notes of this maybe being numbered 3429 but not sure why.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:51 pm 

Plaag wrote:Essential Places VIII (what I wrote in a want list I use) then became VII - never made it to print I believe.  VIII is the Cosmo Builder which was released.  I also have notes of this maybe being numbered 3429 but not sure why.

ShaneG.

Thanks Shane. I will see if I can find out more. Essential Places sounded like a cool product. I have the set except for the Names book which I owned and sold off. Part of me would like it for completeness but it wasn't anything I didn't already have in other sources or from sources I could get for free online.

My Copy of Cosmo Builder says Volume VII (Shane, was it originally volume VIII or is that a typo in your reply?) The stock number is TLG3007 and the ISBN 1931275386 or 9781931275385

Essential Places is listed as stock number 3007 and ISBN: 1931275556|ISBN-13: 9781931275552.

Gary Gygax's Essential Places: From lowly brothel to exquisite palace, with stops at the gladiatorial arena, gaol, courthouse, cathedral, wizardly college, innumerable shops, many businesses and dozens of other buildings on the way, Gary Gygax's Essential Places provides the game master with detailed descriptions and floorplans of every locale a fantasy metropolis might need.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:08 pm 

I'm not looking at my copy, but it is what I've had in my notes/product list.  So maybe when they canceled Essential Places they moved Cosmo Builder to VII.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own