Rappan Athuk Kickstarter is live!!!
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:17 pm 

Prufrock wrote:Hey Mike,

I'm game for the lap thing.  I'm such a Frog God Games slut.  I just spent $500 for two books....I'm losing my mind.

Martin

I wondered how long it would take you to see that....and yes I know you would be in, you'd sell your virginity for Frog God Games.

Now, just hope that Felicia Day or Kristen Bell spends the 3K and "gets" to sit on your lap....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:18 pm 

Badmike wrote:Six figures, easily, when all is said and done.....Matt, you better start work on those Cyclopean Depths modules now..... :D

Mike B.

Let me put it this way. I can't technically say "Underdark," and I can't technically say "This is where the underdark connects between Rappan Athuk and the Vault of the Drow." Nope. I also can't say that Vault of the Drow is the Underdark's swanky area, and Cyclopean Depths is the bad neighborhood.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:09 am 

Jason--I'll clarify text--honestly I am so stunned I am afraid to answer any questions for fear I may say something dumb...This is amazing. I really want to see some folks hit that 3k for Dallas!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:33 am 

are there 2 different versions of the bonus modules?

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:43 am 

May 3, update

Wow...I have no idea even what to say. Here I was, at a school board meeting, and I came home and looked.

What I do know is that we need to sweeten the deal a bit at the $500 level, and that the $3k prizes need to include a copy of Reloaded. I am really hoping folks will take me up on the Convention Trip Offer. Heck; I hope someone gets 8 folks together and buys the $10k item. Please add feedback on how I could sweeten that deal.

I love meeting new gamers; and Greg is dying to make me learn how to play Pathfinder (running a SW game for 2 days is right up my alley). What if I did iconic character sheets for the 8 players and put them out where the buyer got to name the PCs? Oh, and if we hit the $80k mark, EVERYONE gets a copy of YOUR Characters as a bonus! Eternal Fame for your named PCs!

I'll update the site tomorrow on the $500 level, and possibly add a 2 books no frills level between $250 and $500 (maybe $375--2 books, 2 modules?). I also need to add a perk to the $100 level if we crack $80k, and it looks like I might have to add a $100k level.

Lots of questions on shipping. Shipping will be billed as a separate item, it can be combined with several other books (please order normally from the site--don't pay postage, and email me that you want combined shipping WHEN I send the shipping bill--not before). The reason I do this is that from a shipping standpoint, I can minimize errors by printing automated labels from paypal with your info on it (just like we are doing for Tsar). I can likely fit 3 RA's in one large box easily--or 2 RA's and a Tsar (hint, hint--we still have about 120 signed, numbered Tsar's left--and yes Tsar is related to RA).

You guys have made the frogs really happy. I am overwhelmed by the support, and reminded again of why we do this. The confidence that you all showed on first Slumbering Tsar and now this effort makes me well up. Tabletop and old school gaming is NOT dead.

I will start my Lisa-letters very soon. Matt and I both have  a few bonus levels to write, and Team Frog has a ton to do before Dallas. Thank you all!

and Brett--yes

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:38 am 

Thanks Bill..

I'd probably make it clear to people that you will bill em the shipping after the kickstarter.. otherwise you will loose at least 5% of that to kickstarter costs..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:00 am 

This is nuts.

And I was telling Bill : that's some hefty financial goals you got there. HA! What do I know !!

It's awesome to see the level of support Frog God is getting!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:59 am 

tsathogga wrote:

I also need to add a perk to the $100 level if we crack $80k

Boy I'd love to see this perk something like .pdf / scans of your 1970's & 1980's dungeon and notes for us poorer folk who might be able to swing the $100 level but not much more...

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:39 am 

the color scans arr going to cost me about $25 each--so likely not possible--maybe as a pdf?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:02 pm 

tsathogga wrote:the color scans arr going to cost me about $25 each--so likely not possible--maybe as a pdf?

I was thinking about getting in at the $500 level but would really like to get a copy (in some form) of the 1970 & 1980s notes.  This has me contemplating the $1000 mark but that is a big leap.  If you are thinking about a cheaper option to get these I would definitely be interested.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:24 pm 

We are doing several level updates based on feedback--keep them coming

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:49 pm 

xRalphx wrote:This is nuts.

And I was telling Bill : that's some hefty financial goals you got there. HA! What do I know !!

If you put out quality product like Bill, Matt, Frog God Games, etc, then people will support you.

This is really the best thing about Kickstarters, people vote with their own dollars, and they won't support crap.

It's one of the most democratic forms of pre-ordering product that there is!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:04 pm 

Badmike wrote:
xRalphx wrote:This is nuts.

If you put out quality product like Bill, Matt, Frog God Games, etc, then people will support you.

This is really the best thing about Kickstarters, people vote with their own dollars, and they won't support crap.

It's one of the most democratic forms of pre-ordering product that there is!

Mike B.

Less than a day in and it looks like they are just a hair shy of the $40K level.

What is the projected release date for this? Some of the levels say Aug 2012 and some say Aug2013.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:07 pm 

August 2012

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:14 pm 

Children's Book: Lizzy the Elf Goes to Rappan Athuk

Page One: This is Lizzy the Elf <picture>
Page Two: These are Lizzy's friends. They are Sven the Dwarf, Jasper the Cleric, and Presto the Wizard <picture>
Page Three: Lizzy and her friends find a dark Mausoleum. They look at the graves. Can you see the gravestones?<picture>
Page Four: Lizzy finds a door. Maybe there is treasure! Should Lizzie go inside? <picture>
Page Five: Oh no! Watch out Lizzie! <picture>
Page Six: Poor Jasper. He was gutted by a gargoyle. But Lizzie is safe <picture>
Page Seven: Now Lizzie has no cleric. More treasure for Lizzie! Should Lizzie go down the stairs?

Etc.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:12 pm 

tsathogga wrote:the color scans arr going to cost me about $25 each--so likely not possible--maybe as a pdf?

That is what I was thinking (and hoping  :D )  I don't need hardcopy for the scans, I'd just like to oppotunityto read and revel in their antiquated glory!  And I'd definitely be in at $100 with that kind of perk.  August 2012, THAT...WOULD...BE...OUTSTANDING (and ambitious  8O )

Sightly off topic, are the TSAR books shipping yet?

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:22 pm 

Up past 40k now.  With 58 days left to go I'm wondering how big this is going to get now that word is really starting to filter out across the internet.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:24 pm 

$45k!!!

I am adding RA Reloaded #1000/1000 to the 10k one. Come on Mike--you know you want it:)

PreviousNext