Rappan Athuk Kickstarter is live!!!
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:37 pm 

Glad you guys really did good on the RA Kickstarter.
That looks like a lot of really good reading.
I'd have liked to have been in for a copy, but I'll have to settle for the PDF.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:50 pm 

they are for sale on the site

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:59 pm 

aia wrote:Well, another concern about this project from my side... once all the pledges already went into cash (tonight), this morning i found a kickstarter update concerning shipping info... shipping to europe is more than 60 dollars.

Let me say that knowing this in advance i'd have though to withdraw my pledge. I am definitely not happy on how things are managed... At least i'd rellay love to have an option on how to reduce shipping...

thanks and looking forward to hearing from Bill.

ciaooo

Actual shipping for the overseas is about $55-65 depending on weight. The balance of the shipping fees are the tape, peanuts, bubble wrap and overpack boxes. This is about $5 actual cost per box. From here on out--I am overpacking all of the hardcovers inside the priority boxes. We had about 30 (out of 1500 or so) boxes get damaged. The surety of packing is no longer an option. These things are just too expensive to leave to chance.

Total loss on RA shipping to date is about $2500 or so. I figure that in (assume lose $1/book average, including screw ups on my part (wrong books) or a truck running over a box in transit.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:01 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:+1 with Gnat. I was very indecise even in the last few hours but finally, the price and the shipping cost decided me to stay away from this project. I will certainly regret it, but 310-320$ for a book (and a few and not interesting bonus, minus the 7b module) is clearly out of my collecting budget :/ Too bad.

Anyway, congrats to all backers and Frog games :)

ps--guys--I'll have some in Dallas for sale. I'll likely auction off some 7Bs for the Con charity as well.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:29 pm 

Had a box from Bill sitting on my doorstep today. It was incredibly light (and crushed flat, don't think I've ever seen a large priority boxed pancaked before) so I opened it with some trepidation. Everything was fine, but it was the box of extras, cool T-shirts, buttons, dice, mini's, but the books and such must be in another box. Figures the light box makes it here first, but the heavy box with the books is somewhere on route.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:34 pm 

Mine arrived with busted up boxes as usual but the contents were fine.

thanks a lot for the great goodies Bill !!

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:37 pm 

xRalphx wrote:Mine arrived with busted up boxes as usual but the contents were fine.

thanks a lot for the great goodies Bill !!

Yeah, the packing job was excellent. The T-shirts protected everything. I think the post office must have put this box on the bottom of a pile with some really heavy boxes on top, or the post office crew took a snooze on top of it. Dying to dig into the books.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:51 pm 

Received my Rappan Athuk books today. The packaging was fantastic but I have a deep hatred for packing peanuts.

The S&W book is the best looking with the black cover and silver lettering. It also looks to be perfect for using with an AD&D campaign. All the  bits and pieces and bonus material are very cool, but I really want to dive into the adventure. I'm not sure how long it would take to actually review Rappan Athuk. The book is immense, even the S&W version, and I can see months and months of gaming (if not longer) devoted to this.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:07 pm 

Very nice stuff, I received mine a few days ago, very well packed.
Thanks for all !
:D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:00 pm 

Both my packages arrived with some external damage to the UK, but the contents were well secured and fine! Very happy, well done Bill & the team at FGG!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:34 pm 

Hey Bill,

A bit late on my part, I received my RA box a while back.
The shipping box was a bit banged up, but the contents inside were perfect.

Was rooting around in the peanuts for a while and found the plastic frog you put in there. :)

Thank you!

Best regards,
Ronald

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 am 

Well, finally got around to purchase this. I was torn between going via NKG as they were selling the S&W version at a fair price along with a PDF but eventually just got the PDF direct from FGG. Bought, link received and download completed straight into my iBooks library on my iPad and it looks fantastic! Couldn't have been any easier to buy DL and read

Great work Bill and FGG

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Previous