Rappan Athuk Kickstarter is live!!!
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:01 pm 

Pick a pledge amount (say $250).  Then, on the next page, you can change your pledge amount to $350 in a box at the top of the webpage while keeping your pledge level at $250 down below the box.  

When it's over they will send you a survey.  In the survey they've indicated you will be able to communicate to them what extra products you were wanting for your pledge amount in excess of your pledge level.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:31 pm 

Chucho68 wrote:Can anyone tell me how do I add the Slumbering Tsar option or any other?  I graduated from the Derek Zoolander School For Kids That Don't Read Good... :lol:

Hector.

Add money to your pledge, then after this is over there will be a survey that you will tell what the extra money pledged over is for.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:11 pm 

I'm sure Bill can add it anyway.. (after the fact now anyway).. he doesn't have to pay the kickstarter fees then..  and since postage is seperate he doesn't have to pay the fees on that either (Traveller asked you to up your pledge to include shipping)

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:39 am 

Well, another concern about this project from my side... once all the pledges already went into cash (tonight), this morning i found a kickstarter update concerning shipping info... shipping to europe is more than 60 dollars.

Let me say that knowing this in advance i'd have though to withdraw my pledge. I am definitely not happy on how things are managed... At least i'd rellay love to have an option on how to reduce shipping...

thanks and looking forward to hearing from Bill.

ciaooo

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:28 am 

Sounds around the same cost as the ST book then

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:35 am 

I will probably regret it later, but I decided to stay out of this one before pledging.
I studied all the aspects of this situation as well as I could and decided not to pledge at all.
Even during the last few hours, I was still trying to decide on what to do....
In the end the math did me in for at a Minimum; to make this one worth doing right (as a collector) it was going to cost $250 plus shipping.
Sorry, with credit card in hand common sense and a basic survival instinct finally held me back.... I could not go there and expect to survive the fallout later.
Even so, it was a very hard choice to make too, as I own copies of the previous versions of RA and we all know the stuff that FGG produces is top shelf.
So I know this will be a great product.

As for shipping costs overseas: You did not know that this was going to be costly to ship overseas?
Did you think FGG was going to eat that cost?

As an aside:
Nice that those who did make a pledge then backed out were offered a free book for their troubles though...
Shows me even more that these guys are awesome.

Not a pledging backer of this specific product, Love the company though.

Congrats to Frog God Games and all the folks who pledged.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:01 am 

+1 with Gnat. I was very indecise even in the last few hours but finally, the price and the shipping cost decided me to stay away from this project. I will certainly regret it, but 310-320$ for a book (and a few and not interesting bonus, minus the 7b module) is clearly out of my collecting budget :/ Too bad.

Anyway, congrats to all backers and Frog games :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:31 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:As for shipping costs overseas: You did not know that this was going to be costly to ship overseas?

Honestly speaking, i have never paid 60 bucks for a shipping from the US... the max cost was a flat-rate box which costed approx. 40 bucks...
I never assumed a free shipping, but in my mind the worst case was set to the flat-rate box cost... sorry, maybe i am an optimistic person...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:31 am 

aia wrote:
Gnat the Beggar wrote:As for shipping costs overseas: You did not know that this was going to be costly to ship overseas?

Honestly speaking, i have never paid 60 bucks for a shipping from the US... the max cost was a flat-rate box which costed approx. 40 bucks...
I never assumed a free shipping, but in my mind the worst case was set to the flat-rate box cost... sorry, maybe i am an optimistic person...

Ummmm....a large Priority Mail Flat Rate box, which is the box they are using, costs $60.95 to ship to Italy. The medium box costs $48. Have you purchased many 600 page books from the US before? Just go to USPS.com and look for yourself. I'm honestly not sure how this is an issue for anyone, I bet the book weighs 20 pounds all by itself heheh.

Zen

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:15 am 

aia wrote:
Honestly speaking, i have never paid 60 bucks for a shipping from the US...

Ummm,  I think I paid nearly $100 for OGRE, so yep, I figured about $50+, more if I'd have gone for one of the higher levels.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:44 am 

Honestly guys $60 is about right. The US shipping amounts went up this January (as they will do every year from now on, unfortunately), and a medium flat rate box is almost $50, while a large flat rate box (possibly what they will be using) is $61, as Zen indicated. If you have gotten stuff from the US cheaper in the past couple of years, it has possibly been sent 1st class international or perhaps by the infamous M-Bag, neither of which allow tracking and neither that a legitimate company like Frog God would use to ship such valuable cargo.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:32 am 

In my experience, $60 is about right if you want it well packed in an oversized USPS box. You could probably shave $10 off of it by ditching the ability to track it, wrapping it in brown paper and shipping it by airmail, but a seller would be mad to consider allowing buyers any option they weren't happy with endorsing themselves. They, after all, are the ones that py again if your item goes missing or arrives damaged, so they have the right, and the obligation, to make sure the shipping is correctly covered.

I didn't buy into this on account of it being something I'm just not gonna play with. It'll never be as desirable to me as RAR, and I'll pony up for the PDF when its available anyways. Most of the rest of the stuff I don't need, and I'll just have to do without the exclusive Kickstarter level, at least until it appears rogue on the internet. Let's hope not, eh. With CZ:UW still not having surfaced some 3 years on, there is hope for the gaming community's collective morals yet. The real dead pigskin versions at 500gps a pop just seemed like a last minute money grab to me.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:39 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:. Let's hope not, eh. With CZ:UW still not having surfaced some 3 years on, there is hope for the gaming community's collective morals yet. The real dead pigskin versions at 500gps a pop just seemed like a last minute money grab to me.

That's actually quite sad, as no one is making money off Castle Zagyg anymore except for collectors and speculators. It would be nice if some kind of deal could be made to sell the pdfs so that the average gamer could see Castle Zagyg without having to drop $300, or that someone else could run the dungeon without having to tear up an expensive collectible.  Perhaps donate the funds to the Gygax memorial, I have to think if you sold the pdfs at say $25 apiece you'd finance that thing quicker than you'd imagine. I think it's actually quite a snub to Gary that his last great work is practically unavailable, as it's legend will only continue to grow as the year's go on with no way to affordably purchase it.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:50 pm 

And without a doubt, I'd weigh out $25 or £25 for a PDF of CZ:UW

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:12 pm 

The best part of any kickstarter... fulfillment :)

Attachment:
DSCN5852.JPG

The art in  the leather one is awesome!

Attachment:
DSCN5856.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:14 am 

davidc wrote:The best part of any kickstarter... fulfillment :)

The art in  the leather one is awesome!

I'd rather see pics of the shelves behind them.   :D

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:06 am 

I agree - looks like the beginnings of an interesting Call of Cthulhu collection there on the left shelf.  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:20 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote: The real dead pigskin versions at 500gps a pop just seemed like a last minute money grab to me.

Of course they were a money grab.  Necromancer games is a business.  The purpose of a business is to grab money.  The opportunity emerged and Bill moved on it...and kudos to him.

Don't forget that the leather-bound versions were expensive to make and a hassle to coordinate.  The profit was not as huge as you think.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext