Rappan Athuk Kickstarter is live!!!
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:38 pm 

forgot about the shirt;)

..at this stage I don't think people are actually worring about the price of a shirt...

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:43 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:forgot about the shirt;)

..at this stage I don't think people are actually worring about the price of a shirt...

Good point.  :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:45 pm 

I'm in at the $500 level.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:46 pm 

Mythmere1 wrote:
beasterbrook wrote:the $250 level is the "collector" level.. gets all the bonus modules.. the $500 level is exactly the same as the $250 with the added benefit of having a name on the tombstone.. $500 allows you to get both versions without getting 2 x $250..

the jump to the $175 to $250 is a lot for just one extra module, but looks a lot better once the bonus modules start being added ($40k and $60k level).. $80k doesn't add much..

A couple of the jumps probably aren't perfect, although we tried hard and really worked this thing over. What's the going price for a t-shirt these days? It's effectively priced at $30 in the jump from $40 to $70. I think that might have been my bad if it's too high a price..... should it have been $25 or is $30 reasonable?

I'd take a look at the OGRE kickstarter and their bonus levels. You've almost hit $19K already.

Just to make it clear. At $500 you get 2 copies of the Rappan Athuk book but only 1 copy of the bonus module? Wouldn't it be better then for someone to sign up for 2 of the $250 level?

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:50 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
Mythmere1 wrote:
A couple of the jumps probably aren't perfect, although we tried hard and really worked this thing over. What's the going price for a t-shirt these days? It's effectively priced at $30 in the jump from $40 to $70. I think that might have been my bad if it's too high a price..... should it have been $25 or is $30 reasonable?

I'd take a look at the OGRE kickstarter and their bonus levels. You've almost hit $19K already.

Just to make it clear. At $500 you get 2 copies of the Rappan Athuk book but only 1 copy of the bonus module? Wouldn't it be better then for someone to sign up for 2 of the $250 level?

Possibly. Although I bet that it's an error on our part to have only 1 module when there are 2 books being bought. I will ask Bill that (he's in a school board meeting at the moment, of all things). That is probably a mistake.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:56 pm 

Yes, it's an error, Jason. You get 2 at the $500 level. We'll fix that at the next update of the page. Thanks for pointing it out.

If anyone else spots something that looks strange, please let us know -- as I mentioned we had several people working on this all at one time, and in a state of exhaustion, so there may be some glitches. We are really humping it to make sure we have copies at GenCon, and a large number of perfectionists working together can get pretty ugly when there's also a deadline.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:07 pm 

Already over $20,000.  Wow.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:11 pm 

Mythmere1 wrote:Yes, it's an error, Jason. You get 2 at the $500 level. We'll fix that at the next update of the page. Thanks for pointing it out.

If anyone else spots something that looks strange, please let us know -- as I mentioned we had several people working on this all at one time, and in a state of exhaustion, so there may be some glitches. We are really humping it to make sure we have copies at GenCon, and a large number of perfectionists working together can get pretty ugly when there's also a deadline.

Kickstarter is an Amazon thing isn't it? Is there anyway to do a pledge and pay through paypal?

By the way, under your pledge notes explanations your wording is a bit off. The first two say something like for pledges greater than $175 or pledges greater than $250, but I think you mean for pledges OF $175 and greater, and pledges OF $250 and greater.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Last edited by JasonZavoda on Thu May 03, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:16 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
Mythmere1 wrote:Yes, it's an error, Jason. You get 2 at the $500 level. We'll fix that at the next update of the page. Thanks for pointing it out.

Kickstarter is an Amazon thing isn't it? Is there anyway to do a pledge and pay through paypal?

I will ask and report back.   PDT_Armataz_01_01

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:19 pm 

Hey everyone,

Well I'm in on this one too. :)

Bill, I had one question for you.
Can we combine shipping on this with other books that we have purchased from you?

I know that I still have a TOAD, and also a Black Monastery that have not been sent yet.
My original plan was to get them from you at NTRPGcon but won't be able to make it this year.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ronald

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:21 pm 

As far as we can tell at this time, there's not a way to do it through paypal. We'll keep checking that.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:21 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:

I believe the answer in No.. its a Amazon thing only..

Brete:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:25 pm 

rhynne wrote:Hey everyone,

Well I'm in on this one too. :)

Bill, I had one question for you.
Can we combine shipping on this with other books that we have purchased from you?

I know that I still have a TOAD, and also a Black Monastery that have not been sent yet.
My original plan was to get them from you at NTRPGcon but won't be able to make it this year.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ronald

Bill's in a school board meeting, but I'm sure the answer to this is yes. The books will get shipped out just like the ones we sell outside Kickstarter, so it's just a matter of packing the other books in with these ones. Especially if you're non-USA.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:29 pm 

Mythmere1 wrote:Bill's in a school board meeting, but I'm sure the answer to this is yes. The books will get shipped out just like the ones we sell outside Kickstarter, so it's just a matter of packing the other books in with these ones. Especially if you're non-USA.

Hey Matt,

Thank you for the quick reply and that's great news!

Best regards,
Ronald

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:40 pm 

Let me sweeten the pot here a very, very little.  If someone here kicks in on the 3K level for the NTRPG con reward version,  I will treat you right on the trip to NTRPG con as guests of Frog God games.  I'll buy you a bottle of Jack (and help you drink it, if my gall bladder holds out, if not Bill Barsh will split it with you), give you a personal hands on tour of my collection and the Warehouse of Fun (paw through Doug's stack of Bottle City, should you wish, or view the amazing sky high stacks of Judges Guild goodies), give you a space in my game (who doesn't want to spend that kind of money to get into the first game to fill up at NTRPG con every year?), and make sure that your name ends up in a NTRPG con publication the next year (even if I have to write it myself).  Also, Martin Britt will let you sit on his lap during a game of your choice during the con (we are still in negotiations for that last one....)

Bill and Matt you guys are going to hit your goal in the first 24 hours. This is an awesome thing to watch, and it couldn't happen to a better bunch of guys!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:55 pm 

I'm in.  Worth every penny to see this back in print!

Did I miss the selection of PF or S&W or is that something that will happen after the target dollar amount is met?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:03 pm 

has been fully funded... 8O  8O  maybe at about 6 hours or so? not sure when exactly it started...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:04 pm 

SoulCatcher78 wrote:I'm in.  Worth every penny to see this back in print!

Did I miss the selection of PF or S&W or is that something that will happen after the target dollar amount is met?

Afterwards. We'll update the page with that information, several people have asked.
Edit: I think it doesn't happen until the end of the whole process in 59 days, but I'm actually not sure of that now, it might indeed be once the project is funded.

Last edited by Mythmere1 on Thu May 03, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext