Rappan Athuk Kickstarter is live!!!
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:01 am 

So my copy SW will be more rare then? ;)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:28 am 

I expect the sw 7b will be the rarest item, yes

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:29 am 

Dammit, don't think I qualify for 7b on my $100 pledge lol

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:15 pm 

jarloch wrote:Just curious of people's opinions; I'm considering ponying up for the $650 level, but mainly with the idea that I could resell the other 3 copies down the road a bit to subsidize my overall purchase, and come away with a volume that has the custom artwork on the inside cover at a relatively low overall cost.

How are you as collectors/resellers guesstimating the future value?

I think short term, that would be tough to pull off.  The kickstarter is well advertised and running for a long time.  Most people who want the deluxe extras will have a chance to get them.

So you'd be competing with whatever the retail options are for getting regular copies.  Lowest price will win for many/most at that point.

Long term?  Harder to say.  Invariably, someone misses out.  But they are being sold as collectibles to collectors.  There won't be many lost over time, and that's almost always required for something to become sought after.  I think you could probably sell the extras to cover some of all of your costs, but I think it would take a long time.  That will depend on how quickly the regular version sells out.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:39 pm 

Thanks, that was what I was thinking, too.  I guess it will depend on if I want to sink the capital for a while in order to get the artwork and the 7b module; appreciate your opinion!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:07 am 

Need you guys to beat Traveller!!! Help!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:54 am 

Thought it funny there are currently 666 backers... :D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:32 am 

tsathogga wrote:Need you guys to beat Traveller!!! Help!

They already have 1000+ backers for that mess.  Sorry to say they may be ahead in the end.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:25 am 

Does it matter? Apart from business pride?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:18 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:
tsathogga wrote:Need you guys to beat Traveller!!! Help!

They already have 1000+ backers for that mess.  Sorry to say they may be ahead in the end.

Too bad really.  The Traveller5 kickstarter is somewhat disappointing IMO.  I thought about backing it at first but when I read through the stretch goals and saw what you got for the higher pledges I was pretty underwhelmed.  :-|

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:05 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
TheHistorian wrote:

Too bad really.  The Traveller5 kickstarter is somewhat disappointing IMO.  I thought about backing it at first but when I read through the stretch goals and saw what you got for the higher pledges I was pretty underwhelmed.  :-|

And that is probably why despite having more backers, they are behind $ wise.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:20 pm 

Grug Greyskin wrote:And that is probably why despite having more backers, they are behind $ wise.

Maybe, but RA has been running for a month longer.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:12 pm 

Adventure module vs Game system as well. We have a considerable lead atm though. 14 days to do for them, 15 for us. Great days for RPGs. I am thrilled to have Marc doing so well too. But yes, I wanna win:)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:52 pm 

Would Traveller 5 would really be in any respect superior to Mongoose Traveller, or for that matter Classic or Mega? They are making Prime Directive (Star Fleet Battles RPG) for Mongoose Traveller.

Michael Falconer – http://oldschooltrek.proboards.com/
“Not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time.  The green earth, say you?  That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!” —J.R.R. Tolkien

WWW ICQ  

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:10 am 

Howdy, i dont want to be nasty (since i am a project pledger) but i'd like to hear some comments from you about the feeling i am having at this stage of the project:

i am not excited at all, as a matter of fact i am confused by the many updates provided by this project ... now i pledged for a certain amount and i honestly do not know what i will receive for that level of pledge... i constantly receive message tha this pledge level is updated compared by that one which was updated one week ago and so on ...

tihis is one of those cases where i cannot follow everything, and i COMPLETELY gave up while trying to understand what will be the contents of my "reward"...

In a nutshell:

1) i have lost the sense of direction in terms of contents ("too information is no information" used to say my former boss)

2) if i understood correctly, 90% of the updates are ref to the new level of pledging... nothing (or very limited updates) on the contents and the project development

3) i am displaced... is there anybody else in the same condition?

sorry, but this is smtg i wanted to write since several weeks...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:53 am 

They've added a question to the FAQ to sum up what you get at each level which should help clarify what sounds like your primary concern ("what exactly am I paying for?").

The constant updates are difficult to follow when viewed one at a time (IMO) so I can sympathize with the confusion you might be feeling.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:59 pm 

aia wrote:Howdy, i dont want to be nasty (since i am a project pledger) but i'd like to hear some comments from you about the feeling i am having at this stage of the project:

i am not excited at all, as a matter of fact i am confused by the many updates provided by this project ... now i pledged for a certain amount and i honestly do not know what i will receive for that level of pledge... i constantly receive message tha this pledge level is updated compared by that one which was updated one week ago and so on ...

tihis is one of those cases where i cannot follow everything, and i COMPLETELY gave up while trying to understand what will be the contents of my "reward"...

In a nutshell:

1) i have lost the sense of direction in terms of contents ("too information is no information" used to say my former boss)

2) if i understood correctly, 90% of the updates are ref to the new level of pledging... nothing (or very limited updates) on the contents and the project development

3) i am displaced... is there anybody else in the same condition?

sorry, but this is smtg i wanted to write since several weeks...

Similar feelings, I've no problem realising what I'll get, although international shipping does worry me somewhat.  I'm really struggling with this competition element with Traveller.... I feel a little bit used.

So, I'm in the position of wondering whether to try and cancel my pledge....   or up to the $250 level  :twisted:

In comparison, for a lot less outlay I couldn't be happier than with my Appendix N pledge for a great clear and down to Earth Kickstarter.

Think I'll leave Kickstarter alone though for a bit now until I see my Ogre, Appendix N (first installment) and RA in the flesh.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:16 pm 

Take a look at the FAQ--essentially, the main deal is a big book with several supporting books (bestiary, players guide, map book, characters (pregens) book, 3 bonus modules (one unique to the kickstarter), a DM screen and a battle mat. The dice/buttons etc. are just fluff.

PreviousNext