More new Cthulhu material
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:37 pm 

As many here will know, these are good times to be a player (or collector) of Call of Cthulhu.  With new material being produced all the time now (much of it tremendous quality, some less so, but all interesting).  I could post quite a few favourites, but this news from Chaosium (as reported on the ever excellent Y-S.com today), is something I am really looking forward to...

http://www.chaosium.com/article.php?story_id=516

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:57 pm 

red_bus wrote:As many here will know, these are good times to be a player (or collector) of Call of Cthulhu.  With new material being produced all the time now (much of it tremendous quality, some less so, but all interesting).  I could post quite a few favourites, but this news from Chaosium (as reported on the ever excellent Y-S.com today), is something I am really looking forward to...

http://www.chaosium.com/article.php?storyd=516

The fifties is definitely a neglected era in CoC gaming, but honestly it really doesn't interest me that much.  I fear the setting and adventures will skirt too close to parody and I'll bet money right now that one adventure contains a "perfect" suburban family ala Father Knows Best or Leave it to Beaver that (gasp!) worships evil dark Gods (surprise).

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:26 pm 

Quite a bit of interest for me.  The end of WWII and the beginnings of the Cold War are ripe for exploitation by Chaosium.  One of the most interesting time periods from the last century IMHO.  Pelgrane Press did a pretty decent adventure set in the 50's for their Trail of Cthulhu system titled Castle Bravo.

http://www.flamesrising.com/castle-bravo-rpg-review/

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:35 am 

The initial Atmic Age scenarios are listed thus:

- This Village was Made for Us -- in a closed community devoted to exploring the new found wonders of the atomic age, alien horrors conduct their own experiments and our wellbeing does not factor into their calculations.
- T.V. Casualty -- Television: newfangled technological wonder, or dreaded idiot box looking to enslave us all? Could the answer to both questions be yes?
- The Return of Old Reliable -- The space race, still in its infancy, gives birth to a world-threatening horror no one could have seen coming.
- Forgotten Wars -- The Korean "conflict", never formally classified as a war, and yet technically still underway today, pales in comparison to the aeons long battle between two ancient enemies, and a US Army tank crew gets caught in the middle.
- High Octane -- slick hotrods, dirty and dangerous bikers, a commie plot, and a once slumbering menace starting to stir, will the investigators be able to keep the lid on this pressure cooker or are things going to blow as the fear continues to mount?
- L.A. Diabolical -- It's Tinsel Town and the rich and famous want to dabble with the chic side of darkness for kicks, but when something from the darkness starts playing with them, the fun quickly ends.
- Destroying Paradise, Hawaiian Style -- blue skies, loud shirts, surfing and a king of rock n' roll making a movie, what could possible go wrong? Well when the horrors of the Cthulhu Mythos combine with the horror of nuclear weapons, the answer is a lot.

…Interestingly, the French and German publishers of Call of Cthulhu have been producing some amazing items.  Last year there was the collectors edition of Beyond the Mountains of Madness (which came packed with everything in a wooden crate), there was also the gamesmaster's shield, the format of which has been copied by Chaosium. Here is the new Sans-Detour edition of Masks of Nyarlathotep:

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/threads/2303 ... arlathotep

I think that there may be English versions coming out soon (he hopes!)

Let's go fly a kite

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:27 am 

The artwork and layout in the German and French Call of Cthulhu books is stunning.
I am still waiting to hear what they are going to do with the 80,000 word manuscript I submitted to Chaosium in January.
Last word was that editorial and art direction would start in early summer of this year.
I was somewhat concerned when my book did not appear on their list of releases for 2012.  :(

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:36 pm 

There will be a Collector edition of Les Masques de Nyarlathotep after this "standard" edition.

Even if I am not a fan of Sans-Detours and their choice of artwork most of time, the artwork on the Masques Screen is amazing.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:58 am 

For the ones who are interested in French CoC material, the collector Masks boxed set will be for sale this evening (at 9 pm, French hour) for 159€ plus shipping. 200 copies for sale this evening, and after a second batch of 300 copies on Sans-Detours shop  in the following days.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:14 am 

It is being reported that it sold out in 9 hours (200 units a 160EUR)  8O

Let's go fly a kite

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:19 pm 

For Les Montagnes Hallucinées collector (200 copies as well), it sold in 3-4 hours. Actually, huge problems with SD website caused that people cannot access to their website as normal.

Don't worry, 300 other copies will be sold in the next days. Perhaps for less if there is the discount on ludikbazar website.

Last edited by lokiwookie on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:21 pm 

That cools really cool reminds me of GURPS Atomic Horror.

Mike

"Clearly Tolkien never played D&D" Jason - Foxtrot Comic

YIM