Stolen Painting
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:14 pm 

Hi,

i was meandering thru the net and found this:

http://www.denbeauvais.com/Art_for_Sale ... overs.html

which claims that Kevin Wirsing stole one of these paintings...

I was wondering if anyone had any comments please?

Cheers,
KAL

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:14 pm 

Nothing on this particular one, but I recall John Howe had some paintings 'lost' by the Pendragon Gallery in Annapolis, MD many years ago when it went belly up. I read an article where a woman found one many years later, and contacted Mr. Howe about it.

I remember seeing THE painting of the balloon/ship from the cover of Dragon #91 by Dean Morrisey there.  :)

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:03 am 

Versimilitude wrote:Hi,

i was meandering thru the net and found this:

http://www.denbeauvais.com/Art_for_Sale ... overs.html

which claims that Kevin Wirsing stole one of these paintings...

I was wondering if anyone had any comments please?

Cheers,
KAL

Illegal alien Den, who didn't fill out his paperwork and got his ass deported as a result?  I wonder if he knows what he's talking about. Den is a Truther and a conspiracy theory wacko.  Really sad for such a great talent to spend his latter days raging about flouridated water, eugenics and other looney conspiracy nonsense.  If Kevin Wirsing hasn't really stolen that painting he'll probably sue the pants off Den.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:23 am 

Should I know the name Kevin Wirsing?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:56 am 

I thought the name Den rang a bell.. Didn't he get deported for his views or something?? I remember it was a bit of a discussion here a year or two back?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:04 am 

ashmire13 wrote:I thought the name Den rang a bell.. Didn't he get deported for his views or something?? I remember it was a bit of a discussion here a year or two back?

That's why I called him an "illegal alien". He got deported because he ignored his paperwork; he insisted it was because he "knew the truth" about the US government and that there were scared because of his newly released Conspiracy Cards and were trying to silence him.  

Look, is you live in this country and don't keep your green card information updated or renewed, you are here ILLEGALLY and will be deported.  Apparently the rules didn't apply to Den, like they apply to everyone else (I have friends that go through the hassle of getting their green cards renewed every five years, sure it's a hassle, but they want to stay legal).  Den chooses to believe the US government wanted to lock him up due to his beliefs which is absurd.....there are plenty more radical people running around that the government doesn't give a flip about.

Den has spent the last few years spouting ridiculous conspiracy crap and is a proud "truther".  As I said, a sad career trajectory to a great artist.

I don't know who the guy who "stole" his painting is, I think he runs an art gallery. If he didn't take Den's painting I hope he sues the pants off Den, I'd hate to be branded as a thief with no recourse for a rebuttal.  Of course if this dude did take the painting I hope the publicity makes him return the art.

Mike B.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:49 pm 

Kev is in SoCal and Brett is in Australia, I think.... no?

Last edited by danull on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:20 pm 

Hi,

oh yes, Brett has been added now too.

Cheers,
KAL

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:21 pm 

I think it is charitable at this point to consider Den mentally incompetent.  There are quite a few old age diseases out there, including dementia and Alzheimers, perhaps Den is in the first stages (or full blown) of these terrible afflictions.  Really sad, I hope he is getting treatment in Canada (isn't medical care free for everyone there?).  

I hope Brette answers these accusations because if it were me I'd be pretty pissed.

Mike B.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:36 pm 

Well since my name has been dragged into this.. I'm sure you all know me etc.. so lets skip that..

As with most things I'm sure there are going to be multiple points of view of what has happened etc.. I can only tell you mine of course;)

Yes, I currently own this painting and I bought it off Kevin.. and by my understanding Kevin bought it of Den during his "Fire Sale" (which I understand he had the sale when he had to leave the USA for whatever reason)

As far as I know Kevin is not an art dealer, he is a collector and sells his stuff when he wants to or need too to buy more stuff.

I have bought multiple items off Kev, I know he has also sold a lot of items to others as well. If Kev was going to steal from anybody it would be me.. I'm on the other side of the world.. and he has had at multiple times a rather lot of my $$ in his hands..

I find it hard to belive that Den would give Kevin the painting without getting paid in Full for it.. I do know that Kev did buy several painting off him (and his G'friend?) over a period of time.. even if you were to pay it off artsist/seller keep the paintings till its paid in full..

Kevin is a member here.. it shouldn't be too hard to work it out who he is.. I will publically state that I have NEVER had a problem with Kevin and I have never heard of anyone that has had a problem with anything he has sold them.. Kev has basically told me that he has bought the paiting off Den sometime ago as above, I have no reason to doubt him..

Den has never contacted me regarding this matter. I am a "friend" of his on facebook.. so it would be rather easy too..  The only time I have "spoken" to him was some months back when I enquired on weather he could "fix" a painting of his that was being sold by one of his "Ex-Girlfirends".. it had been damaged quite a bit and I was wondering what it would cost to repair it.. I am incredibly easy to find and contact on the internet.. I don't know Den's side of the story apart from "Its Stolen"..

I have no idea who "Jill Lemus" is..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:00 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:I have no idea who "Jill Lemus" is..

I've had $$$ in the hands of both Kev and Den at various times and had only good experiences with both... hopefully this is just an unfortunate misunderstanding...