DCC RPG PDF is Available
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:20 am 

Hi All,

For those who do not know, the DCC RPG PDF is available for those who pre-ordered the forthcoming DCC RPG core rulebook.  Thanks to KingOfPain for letting me know that the notification email had gone out late Thursday/early Friday.  Unfortunately, my message was devoured by the Internet demons so after a quick email to Goodman Games, I was setup to download the PDF.  Many thanks to Joseph Goodman for the prompt reply. :)  If you, like me, did not receive the message, make sure to send an email to [email protected] soon as the pre-order PDF will only be available for download until Sunday, April 8th.

First impression:  The book is stuffed with old school art.  You will not be disappointed.  The rules are easy to learn and I love the variable spell effects; this component definitely reintroduces some magical variety and excitement into the game.  "Oh fudge!  Olwe's about to cast another spell.....  Duck, cover, and roll! " ;)

As a long time fan boy and DCC collector, this rule set has me really excited about the game.  Plus for the collector in all of us, there is a limited edition gold foil cover.  In addition for everyone who pre-orders before the game releases, there is an exclusive module DCC #66.5, Doom of the Savage Kings.  (I believe this was originally limited to the first 1000 pre-orders of either version prior to April 1st and may or may not still be available, but I thought I should mention it.  According to the site, all limited edition covers will include the module.  Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game (OGL) Limited-Edition Gold Foil Cover )

Enjoy. :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:13 pm 

That alternative cover is dead sexy.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:34 pm 

Thanks for the heads up on the PDF. I preordered the Limited Edition book and was looking forward to getting the pdf. Unfortunately, GMAIL marked it as spam but I was able to find it since I knew what day it was sent on. Looking forward to seeing the final product!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:30 pm 

I love the sound of the new RPG and have the pdf starters they posted some time back on their website. Is the full game available as a pdf to buy anywhere, as I couldnt see it on the site. Is it only available as a pdf if you buy the full $39.99 hardcover?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:10 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:I love the sound of the new RPG and have the pdf starters they posted some time back on their website. Is the full game available as a pdf to buy anywhere, as I couldnt see it on the site. Is it only available as a pdf if you buy the full $39.99 hardcover?

Per the publisher, the PDF will be going on sale in may. That's when the HC goes into general release, as well.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:26 pm 

dmkastmaria wrote:
ashmire13 wrote:I love the sound of the new RPG and have the pdf starters they posted some time back on their website. Is the full game available as a pdf to buy anywhere, as I couldnt see it on the site. Is it only available as a pdf if you buy the full $39.99 hardcover?

Per the publisher, the PDF will be going on sale in may. That's when the HC goes into general release, as well.

Thanks, appreciate that. Any indication on the sale price?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:42 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:
dmkastmaria wrote:

Thanks, appreciate that. Any indication on the sale price?

I haven't heard anything regarding pdf pricing.