F3 Many Gates of the Gann is now available!
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:36 pm 

Dungeon Module F3 -- Many Gates of the Gann is NOW AVAILBLE!

You can buy it today at FRP Games.

(Don't forget to also pick up F1 The Fane of Poisoned Prophecies if you don't have it yet. Or ask for either one of the modules at your local game store. If necessary, let your game store know they can order them from WarPath Games, a hobby gaming wholesale distributor. http://www.warpathgames.com )

Barbarous hyena-men who raid villages and kidnap girl-children? Bah! Unremarkable in our world! But when these raiders retreat safely past ancient sculptures that vaporize intruders, into heretofore unopened vaults believed to hold a weapon of primal terror, and past the gates that guard ancient treasures never beheld by man? Aye! Now these are rumors worthy of adventure! What bold souls will dare pass into centuries-old chambers protected by the Many Gates of the Gann?

Many Gates of the Gann includes complete descriptions and maps for a three-level adventure site, and is easily adaptable to most campaign settings. It is the latest in a series of modules designed for either independent or interconnected use.

System: For use with 1st Edition AD&D, and largely compatible with 2nd edition, the Basic game, the Original game, as well as the various clones and simulacra.
Format: 28 pages, saddle stitched. Retro-style detached cover with maps on the cover interior.
Author: Guy Fullerton
Artists: Stefan Poag, Andy "ATOM" Taylor, Zhu Bajie, John Larrey, Jason Sholtis

More information is available on the the Chaotic Henchmen Productions blog, as well as in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12248

Guy Fullerton
Chaotic Henchmen Productions
http://www.chaotichenchmen.com/

Last edited by Guy Fullerton on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:36 pm 

Ordered my copies! :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:40 pm 

I ordered both F1 and F3 and am looking very much forward to receiving them. Quick question though, I couldn't find much about FRPgames at their site. Anyone here know much about them? Just curious as this module is the first time I have run across them.

Congratulations on getting the module out and I hope the proceeds finally pay off your Ferrari  :D

Zach

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:04 pm 

I've purchased stuff from FRP Games several times but mostly through their Ebay auctions.  They are reliable but there was one instance I purchased a couple of items from them directly and ended up getting part of my money refunded because they were out of stock on one of the items (and at least they didnt just give me store credit and assume it was what I wanted).  That has always been a pet peeve of mine but I guess it is to be expected once in awhile when you have thousands of items in stock.

I will definitely be picking this one up.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:50 am 

I have ordered from them more than once and had no issues.  They're reputable.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:13 am 

Not to thread jack this excellent thread (Buy this module, Nogrod says so! :) ), but my question was more in the vein of does anyone know the owners. I only ask because I am far more inclined to drop some money on others things they carry if the are (or are friends of, related to etc.) anyone here. As it is, I put them in my favorites solely on their carrying Guy's module. I vote with my wallet and anyone who supports the OSR has me as a potential customer. I happily spent more money than I budgeted in the GaryCon vendor room (Hi Allen, Bill, John :) ) because of the posters and recommendations from here.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread. Now hurry up and order the Many Gates of Gann!!

Nogrod

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:23 am 

I will add to the chorus of positive reviews and say that I have ordered from FRP Games several times and have always been very happy with my purchases, their packaging, and their excellent customer service. :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:20 pm 

To smarmy, Nogrod and anyone else who already ordered: Thank you very much! I hope you enjoy it once it arrives!

As far as FRP Games goes, I've ordered from them before without problems. I don't recall any complaints about them in regards to folks who had bought my modules through them in the past. I have heard folks in the EU complain about the lack of concrete shipping info for overseas during the checkout process, though. (I'm still going to try to get some copies into James Raggi's LotFP web store to help with that situation.)

Guy Fullerton

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:57 pm 

I don't know the owners, but I've frequented their excellent store in San Jose when it was called FRPGames, then changed to Game Kastle (and now moved to a new location not too far from the SJC airport).  From what I recall, the FRPGames store name was changed to Game Kastle so that people has some hope of knowing it was a game store from the road (apparently "FRP" as the first word of the name meant it was ignored a lot...).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:10 pm 

I got F3 Many Gates of the Gann and F1 Fane of Poisoned Prophecies in the mail today.

I haven't been able to read through them yet.  They certainly have very nice production values.

I am a bit annoyed with FRP Games for careless handling.

The F3 has spine creases that a new module should not have...as if it was carelessly scrunched out of a box by someone who knows jack all about handling such things.

The F1 has a dinged corner, like a factory second.

I don't think this happened in shipping, since the box they came in seemed like a good packing job.  I think it happened when they were handled at FRP Games.  I think they just went ahead and shipped me a slightly wrecked F1 because it was the last one they had.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:23 pm 

Ordered both of them Thursday, gottem today. First I just want to say, wow. That's without reading a word. I, of course, scanned them briefly the same way one would scan a gentlemans magazine by just looking at the pictures. Very nicely and professionally done Guy. If you don't mind I am going to PM you with a couple of questions after I read them thoroughly.

FormCritic wrote:
The F1 has a dinged corner, like a factory second.

I don't think this happened in shipping, since the box they came in seemed like a good packing job.  I think it happened when they were handled at FRP Games.  I think they just went ahead and shipped me a slightly wrecked F1 because it was the last one they had.

Mine were packaged well too. I also have a small ding on the corner of my F1 (I checked after reading FormCritics post). It's on the bottom right hand side of the front cover. Hmm, maybe they dropped a stack somewhere.

I'm happy with mine, but thought I would share.

Nogrod

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:35 pm 

I'm sorry to hear about the dings & creases! :(

I can't speak to what might have happened on the FRP Games side, but I'd be happy to pull a couple pristine ones (from the dozens I haven't given the distributor yet) and send them to you myself. Send me a PM with your address, and I'll get them in the mail in the next day or two.

And Nogrod, no I don't mind questions at all.

Guy Fullerton

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:11 pm 

Gotta love a buzz and a continuing mug of booze... in for both F3 and F1 ..... X's 2 each  :lol:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:13 pm 

FormCritic wrote:I am a bit annoyed with FRP Games for careless handling.

The F3 has spine creases that a new module should not have...as if it was carelessly scrunched out of a box by someone who knows jack all about handling such things.

I got my copy of F3 today and was not pleased at all with how FRP Games shipped it.  I paid for Priority mail and got it quickly but whoever shipped it just stuck the module in the envelope.  Nothing whatsoever to protect it.  They could have at least bagged and/or boarded the thing.  Or perhaps sandwiched it between a couple of backing boards/cardboard to keep dings to a minimum.  Didnt even write "dont bend" on the envelope.  So of course, the darn thing was bent into my mailbox and has some significant creasing and a massive corner ding.

Not your fault Guy, but I thought I should let you know.  Not necessary to send me another module.  It wasnt that rogered.  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:29 pm 

I ordered three modules, which arrived today.
F1 reprint, F3 and Brave Halflings Village of Larm (Had Larm in my box for several weeks).
(ASIDE:) Did not notice that Larm included three mini scenarios.... NICE...

The three modules were packed into one of those cardboard mini boxes (the kind that would fit a Monster Manual or PHB, but probably not a Monstrous manual).
No rodgering at all.
Minty in fact.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:50 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:The three modules were packed into one of those cardboard mini boxes (the kind that would fit a Monster Manual or PHB, but probably not a Mnstrous manual).
No rodgering at all.

People shouldnt have to order multiple items to get "minty" books.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:22 pm 

Alright Gnat, I just bough F1, F2 and Larm the latter on your recommendation.  If I do  not like Larm I'm going to bill you. :lol:

Can't wait to read your adventures Guy.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:27 pm 

So Guy, I'm reading through F3 and starting to wonder if you've spent some time at the Frank Mentzer School of Troublesome Tricks & Traps?  8)   Room 11?  I wouldnt figure that one out in a million years.  :)

Next