Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:46 am 

Still looking for these if anyone can get me them:
Gaming Paper   "Slavers of the Sunken Garden", Pathfinder Adventure
Jon Brazer Enterprises    Pathfinder, "Shadowsfall: Temple of Orcus"

Quick link to the 1 cent items at Nobleknight which I swear is doing this on the actual day compared to previous years of Monday morning..or am I wrong in thinking that?

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:34 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Zenopus wrote:Noble Knight has all of the items up for purchase on-line at their usual price - 1 cent per item, $15 minimum purchase per item.

NK Blog Post

Sheesh!  If someone is looking for something let me know.  I may have a way to help you out without spending $15 an item.....

Mike B.

It's always been that way.  I've been getting all of my Free RPG Day stuff from Noble Knight for the past couple of years.  Better than driving all over DFW and going to every Lone Star Comics or other game stores trying to find one of every item I want to get.  Lone Star will only let you take one item and there is no guarantee that other stores are even participating.  And some stores will only let you take a copy if you sit in on a playtest of whatever game they are running.

Plaag wrote:Still looking for these if anyone can get me them:
Gaming Paper   "Slavers of the Sunken Garden", Pathfinder Adventure
Jon Brazer Enterprises    Pathfinder, "Shadowsfall: Temple of Orcus"

Quick link to the 1 cent items at Nobleknight which I swear is doing this on the actual day compared to previous years of Monday morning..or am I wrong in thinking that?

Good luck with the Gaming Paper Pathfinder adventure.  Only 1 per box so its going to be pretty hard to find and NKG is already sold out.  The Jon Brazer should be easier to find but still only three per box for that one.  And Noble Knight has normally started their Free RPG Day offerings at noon central time on Saturdays.  This year they started at 10 am.  I got the email this morning, jumped on to the site, and the stuff was already there.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:40 pm 

Yeah they sold out of the Jon Brazer one while I was checking out  :(

Guess if the Gaming Paper one is any good then you can preorder/buy it: http://www.gamingpaper.com/slavers_of_t ... garden.php

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:32 pm 

Just hit my local store in MA and was got Neoexodus, D&D Dead in the EYE, Shadowsfall, Dawn of the Scarlet Sun, the DCC book, and a Harn map... basically I just asked and received, even gave my son copies of what he wanted... the Gaming paper he had, wasn't sure what he wanted to do with it yet, but said if I start a Pathfinder group for him on Mondays it was mine.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:45 pm 

And now Ebay is seeing these books..course what gets me is the Paizo module will be $5 come Sunday or Monday on their site.

ShaneG.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:51 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Zenopus wrote:Noble Knight has all of the items up for purchase on-line at their usual price - 1 cent per item, $15 minimum purchase per item.

NK Blog Post

Sheesh!  If someone is looking for something let me know.  I may have a way to help you out without spending $15 an item.....

To clarify, it's not $15 for the free item, you just need to spend $15 on something else, to get 1 free item for 1 cent. So it's not a terrible deal, particularly if you can find something they have that's not terribly overpriced. They have to do it this way or they would just be mailing stuff for free all around the country.

I went to two local stores. The first let you have one of everything. They are mostly a comic book store so maybe they don't get many takers. I'm actually surprised they participate every year because they have a very small game selection. Everyone else in the store seemed to be there for comics. The other is a small game store and they let you pick 1 item per person, which is better than the last time I went when they had me roll a dice to determine my one item. I made sure to spend money at each store, though I spent more at the first since they were so generous.

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:56 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:  And Noble Knight has normally started their Free RPG Day offerings at noon central time on Saturdays.  This year they started at 10 am.  I got the email this morning, jumped on to the site, and the stuff was already there.

Last year the stuff was up on their website at some point near midnight on Friday. I happened to notice so my receipt email is from around 1:00 AM. 8O
This year I forgot to check until the morning.

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:35 pm 

Hmmmmm. Chocolate dice.

If you don't roll high, I know what is happening to YOU!

Cheers,
KAL

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:00 pm 

My two cents' worth:

From what I saw at gamestores, fewer people than normal came to get free stuff.  I drove to but a few stores because both the Free RPG Day promotion and product seemed lackluster and mundane this year.  The more likely explanation is that I am lackluster and mundane this year.   I didn't feel like driving for another two hours trying to hit four or five more stores.

High points: The DCC RPG module, the D&D module, and the Pathfinder modules.  The DCC RPG module contains two adventures and is visually appealing.  The D&D adventure has an undead beholder on the cover, and that is just too cool.  Three different Pathfinder modules show that Pathfinder is still going strong.

The other products look good to great, and I hope that they generate some interest in gamers.  The Harn map is an example of this; it's a high-quality product that positively promotes the company.  Some space opera game (Cosmic Patrol) has a simple but appealing cover.

More importantly, almost all of the stores that I visited had knowledgeable staff, and all had people playing games at tables.  Past years had few people gaming at tables.

Low points: Another unreadable Q-Workshop die.  Too many one-per-box items.  No product tie-in such posters from companies saying "Buy our book!"  I almost forgot to buy the DCC RPG because I was focused on Free RPG Day.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:07 pm 

I hit four stores in the Detroit area (Warriors 3, RIW Hobbies, Guild of Blades, and Pandemonium). Most were limiting customers to one or two items, so I ended up with the D&D 4E, DCC, Conspiracy X, and Cosmic Patrol books. (Yeah, I wasn't going for collectiblity too much this year.)

My girlfriend (who only had time to go to one store), got the Shadowrun Quick Start, because she thinks cyberpunk elves "sounds interesting."

It looked to me like the Pathfinder stuff was "selling out" the fastest, which is no surprise -- Pathfinder has totally defeated 4E as the fantasy game of choice around here. Of the four stores I visited, Warriors 3 was the only one that had any roleplaying activities (including a Castles & Crusades demo) scheduled for the day.

Some of the "extras" that stores put out on the "free" tables were interesting. Guild of Blades was giving away copies of the rulebook for their Dark Realms RPG. Warriors 3 had a little stack of OSR Primer pamphlets on their table!

WWW ICQ  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:32 pm 

Am I right in reading the historical list on page 1 vs. what's posted on the Free RPG Day web site, that Signal Fire's "Metamorphosis Alpha" title was dropped from Free RPG Day?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:35 pm 

A lot of Free RPG Day stuff up on ebay now, not a lot of it for high prices, if you were looking for something you should be able to pick it up as long as it wasn't a one per box item.

Mike B.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Games-/233/i.ht ... +day&rt=nc

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:30 am 

Here's an easy one...

Anyone have a spare copy of Cosmic Patrol and the Q Workshop die? The one store in my area running Free RPG Day limited people to one item - I took the Battletech/Shadowrun quickstart - and apparently all the copies of Cosmic Patrol were gone. I didn't even see the dice.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:27 am 

Overhere Free RPG day was a big succes.

There were 8 tables (about 40 people) playing and that really is the limit for this store I guess. Mostly Pathfinder, I saw one table of 4E D&D and one table playing Shadowrun. Old school gaming is non-existant in these parts.

The local store had a nice surprise for me. They had a box of free rpg goodies waiting for me as a thank you for all the stuff I buy overthere.

I played in the Dawn of the Scarlet Sun adventure which was fun but unfortunately the DM had to split before we reached the final encounters.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:31 am 

That a local store was participating was nice for me.  That most (2 out of 3) of my local stores are run my business-sense-impaired incompetent ninnies is frustrating...

My experience:  Saw one 8.5x11 "poster" advertising FRPGD on the way in, poked around in the same boring cluttered stock.  Saw no games running or other mention of FRPGD.  Asked the sometimes asleep (literally) doofus behind the counter about FRPGD.  He picked up the cardboard shipping box from behind the counter and handed me what I wanted (which was just the Harn map).

If anyone is looking for how to NOT do FRPGD, there you go.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:27 pm 

I have some Free Game Day items for purchase. I'm trying to keep the price lower than Ebay. PM me if you need anything, I'll send you shipping options!

Mike B.

D&D  Dead in the Eye adventure---$10

Conspiracy X: Introductory Game Kit---$5

Catalyst Battletech/Shadowrun Quickstart Rules---$5

Cosmic Patrol Quick Start Rules---$5

Dungeon Crawl Classics Quick Start---$12

Paizo Pathfinder Dawn Scarlet Sun---$9

Harn Map---$5

Warhammer 40k Only War Eleventh Hour---$10

Pathfinder NewExodus---$10

Pathfinder Shadowsfall Temple of Orcus---$10

Gaming Paper: Pathfinder Slavers of the Sunken Garden---$25 (large ding in upper corner)

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Last edited by Badmike on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:02 pm 

Please consider my clasisfied ad too, if you need anything :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:49 pm 

davidc wrote:Please consider my clasisfied ad too, if you need anything :)

I can't ship cheaper to Canada so if you are in Canada and need Free RPG Day staff look at David  :D

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

PreviousNext