Eldritch
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:12 pm 

I was not sure that we had input all of the corrections Frank had done at the end of July to the pdf.

So I made sure that the pdf version being offered on DriveThru was indeed the latest version we had in our files.

I promise - it only uploaded once.  It will send an updated copy, free, to anyone that has already ordered the pdf product.

13 update messages sounds like a problem at DTRPG.  I'm thinking that, due to the size of the upload, it sent the message out that many times DURING the actual upload.

For those wondering - I believe there are two art pieces (interior) that were remastered, and the file format for pdf was altered slightly - so the changes are pretty minor.  I'm just anal that "the latest and best version" be all that is ever available thru DTRPG.

Hope this helps :D

XXOOCC

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:11 pm 

Boy are we (Eldritch) behind over here.

Okay  let's dive in.

There's a new website, and its light-years better than the old in my opinion.  There are autolinks for ease of buying, although all of our sales go thru Drive-Thru RPG.  All four of us post blogs on the new site (http://www.eldritchent.com), with James and Frank being the most frequent.

Lotsa new product out... well, some anyway.  James put together a nice little one-off called The Tower of the Scarlet Wizard, and Frank has finished two, Quondam Fount, and The Case of the Missing Magic.  My Strange Allies (sequel to Forest of Deceit) and Tim's Curse of the Weaver Queen are also in the final stages of layout and should release within the next two weeks.

We are also planning on making available the hardcover Deluxe Edition of Dark Outpost the first week of January.  We were aiming for prior to Christmas, but it just didn't come together in time.  Watch the EldritchEnt website for details on that - that's the only place it will be for sale once its available as well.

Frank is pounding away on Lich II.
I am working on a new stand alone adventure tentatively entitled Rain of Terror
Jim has another in the wings called Squirrel Tower
...and Tim has just started Return to the Aradondo....

So things are BUSY, and I have been lax in updates here.  My apologies in that regard.  An awful lot to update you on in just a few words, but I can say, "Things ARE happening over at Eldritch."
Questions?  Let me know - I'd rather not bore anyone with the mundanities. :D

XXOOCC

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:07 pm 

Hi Chris

Looking at RPG Drive thru I cant see an option for print versions of The Case of the Missing Magic or Quondam Fount, ae these going to be available soon?

Cheers!

Chris

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:07 pm 

As soon as they are approved by DriveThru, we order a proof copy.  Once we get that, we check it for errors, and, if error free, we put it up for print sale right away.

We are awaiting approval from DriveThru right now on the latest iteration of both of those titles.  Frank made some corrections to Quondam (typos that were caught) and so it went back thru the process a second time.  I found some in the original proof of CotMM, so I sent it back thru on that one.  Holiday "hurries" have indeed caused a delay or two.

Short answer: "I hope so, but that bird is not yet in hand."

XXOOCC

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:48 pm 

Thanks for the update, I'm happy with PDFs

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:31 pm 

Chris wrote:We are awaiting approval from DriveThru right now on the latest iteration of both of those titles.  Frank made some corrections to Quondam (typos that were caught) and so it went back thru the process a second time.  I found some in the original proof of CotMM, so I sent it back thru on that one.  Holiday "hurries" have indeed caused a delay or two.

I put in an order for dead tree copies of Heroes & Magic, TotSW, and Quondam Fount on the 23rd.  I guess I'll get the ultra-rare version of Quondam Fount with the typos.  Hey Frank, can you email me an errata sheet when you have a bit?  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:04 pm 

...and this is what I am up to tonight...

Be warned - spoilers ahead.

Look away now if you don't want to ruin the surprise.
Too late.
:D
XXOOCC

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:17 am 

This stuff looks awesome!!! I'm really interested in the Deluxe Edition format as well. Forgive me if I missed mention of it, but will Lich Dungeon(s) also be available in Deluxe Ed?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:36 am 

A Lich I deluxe is planned, but I'd be kidding if I said it was ready for layout.  We have done some preliminary work on it, but its not "ready" as yet.

I am hoping to assault that project this January.  Don't beat up Frank on this!  He's already expressed what he wants in the Deluxe version - its simply waiting for me to "get that far".

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:35 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Hey Frank, can you email me an errata sheet when you have a bit?

Here ya go; happy new year:

p2, left, para1: "players, it then designated" changed to "players; it is then designated"
p6, left, para2: "If stuck by" changed to "If struck by"
p10, right, para6: "DM Notes" changed to "GM Notes".
p14, left, para3: "(dmg 1d4]" changed to "(dmg 1d4)"
p17, right, para5: "4' tall and 5' tall" changed to "4' tall and 5' wide"
p18, left: "You feel the immediately pressure" changed to "You feel the pressure"
p25: Mention of 11 combatants, changed to 12

That's all we found. Got more?

My friends Dave & Gary made a quantum leap in the human soul. Remember them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:24 am 

Any update on the possibility of a non-generic versions of Lich Dungeon, etc? I seem to remember (from upthread or elsewhere) a mention of the possibility of Swords & Wizardry version.

Guy Fullerton
Chaotic Henchmen Productions
http://www.chaotichenchmen.com/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:22 pm 

...and jus' so's y'all know...

7 typos did not cross my threshold as a need for a reprint.  It crossed Frank's at just under lightspeed.  I have come to understand his desire here, but would like to share it with all assembled:
Quality is of paramount importance.

Best possible product every time, and all of the time.

It is now an Eldritch canon of business, but doubt not it's origin: one Franklin Mentzer.

Happy New Year, gang.
:D
XXOOCC

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:13 am 

Ok, we are in the process of putting the first Eldritch Enterprises Deluxe Edition up for sale:
the Dark Outpost Deluxe Edition
This limited release Deluxe Edition of James M. Ward's and Christopher Clark's Dark Oupost is 107 pages filled with sci-fi goodnees and contains MANY additional features including:

Two additional Appendices packed with new encounters and gadgets

A full color title deed to the Planet Kask Outpost Station that makes YOU the owner of the station! (suitable for framing)

A CD-ROM with a complete sound gallery with both generic drop-in sounds for use during play, and all of the NPCs that inhabit the station.  Its like having James Ward over to "guest GM"! and a complete bookmarked pdf of the entire adventure.

Printed as a hardcover for durability.

Each copy also comes with an author's authentication page that is signed and numbered by the authors.  Only 50 will ever be released to the general public.  

I wanted to wave the flag over here on this as I know that many here are collectors... and there will be only 50 ever sold.
Everything concerning the release is on our website, I'm just having some problems getting the purchasing part coded.  This will likely occur tomorrow (Saturday) after which sales for the product will open.

They will be sold on a first come-first served basis, starting with signed and numbered copy #1.  Tomorrow, barring my inability to get help making this work, is the day.
...and you can certainly preview the info on it at http://www.eldritchent.com right now.

Hope this helps, and I apologize that you can't "quite" buy it yet.
XXOOCC

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:51 pm 

Chris wrote:Ok, we are in the process of putting the first Eldritch Enterprises Deluxe Edition up for sale:
the Dark Outpost Deluxe Edition
This limited release Deluxe Edition of James M. Ward's and Christopher Clark's Dark Oupost is 107 pages filled with sci-fi goodnees and contains MANY additional features including:

Two additional Appendices packed with new encounters and gadgets

A full color title deed to the Planet Kask Outpost Station that makes YOU the owner of the station! (suitable for framing)

A CD-ROM with a complete sound gallery with both generic drop-in sounds for use during play, and all of the NPCs that inhabit the station.  Its like having James Ward over to "guest GM"! and a complete bookmarked pdf of the entire adventure.

Printed as a hardcover for durability.

Each copy also comes with an author's authentication page that is signed and numbered by the authors.  Only 50 will ever be released to the general public.  

I wanted to wave the flag over here on this as I know that many here are collectors... and there will be only 50 ever sold.
Everything concerning the release is on our website, I'm just having some problems getting the purchasing part coded.  This will likely occur tomorrow (Saturday) after which sales for the product will open.

They will be sold on a first come-first served basis, starting with signed and numbered copy #1.  Tomorrow, barring my inability to get help making this work, is the day.
...and you can certainly preview the info on it at http://www.eldritchent.com right now.

Hope this helps, and I apologize that you can't "quite" buy it yet.
XXOOCC

Buy it now button is working!  Get 'em while they're hot!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:52 pm 

Thank for the heads up, Jo!

Just ordered my copy. :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:55 pm 

...and with my thanks to one Jared Nielsen - the GUY to go to if you are a web idiot like me and run into a problem.
Here's what we're talking about gang:

...and they are going fast.

XXOOCC

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:33 pm 

More good news.

Print copy has been approved on The Case of the Missing Magic and Quondam Fount.  I still need to order proof copies, and double-check, proof copies, but expect to see printa available on these two titles at Drive Thru within a couple of weeks.

....we have already sold about 25% of the Dark Outpost Deluxe edition (1 day's worth of sales having been processed) so if you are thinking about getting one...
Don't wait... I don't like getting yelled at after they're gone.

XXOOCC

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:49 am 

My copy of the Dark Outpost Deluxe Edition arrived on Thursday.  :) I even managed to score a single digit number this time.  Without giving anything away, my copy's number x, satisfies the following inequality:

1 < x < 3. ;)

Thanks to everyone involved at Eldritch for this really cool book.

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

PreviousNext